Studio Time

TheAbsurdist

A rather suspicious smile crossed Angus’s face.

“Okay if you’re sure.â€

Suddenly she wrapped her arms around Amir in a gentle yet firm grasp, her glowing aura began to grow until it covered them both.

“Don’t worry I won’t take advantage of you. Please keep your arms and legs inside the aura at all time, or else… well you’ll see.â€

With that the two of them shot up into the sky. First Freedom City disappeared below them, then New Jersey and finally the East coast until at the edge of space the whole of America was laid out below them.

“This is where I come when I need to think. Its gives me some perspective on everything.â€

• 2 weeks later...

"Really now? This involves you getting fresh then?" A little bit of a grin as she got close, and wrapped her arms around him and then there was light and they shot up until they were above it all, almost literally.

"Whoa." It was a simple enough reaction, as he looked down at the planet and he blinked a little bit, and then looked to her. "I... huh." as eloquent as ever he looked down at the planet beneath them, blinking a little bit, and then looking to her, a wide eyed sort of smile was on his face as he did that.

Agnus just floated there for a few minutes letting the majesty of the scene below speak for itself. The lights of the East Coast traced a spider web’s pattern on the landmass they hovered over. Amir’s weight didn’t give her any problems, she could have stayed up here for hour’ just letting the world turn under them. Of cause Amir might not be feeling quite the same; he was totally dependent on her right now something that was probably quite rare for him.

“I can spend hours up here just watching the world float by. So you better let me know when you’re ready to go home.â€

"I really am just waiting until there is a business emergency, and someone tries to GPS me..." Said with a smirk as he floated there with her. He didn't notice as he started to glow himself. Of course when you stick someone absorbs energy up in the upper portions of the atmosphere... things started to get interesting. Now he hadn't noticed this phenomena himself, having never flown this high, before, so the fact that he drew the Aurora Borealis due to the nature of his powers interacting with radiation and electromagnetism. "Holy..." Now he noticed.

It took a few second’s for Agnus to figure out exactly what was happening so taken was she with the view, as she was every single time she came up here.

“Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Borealis this far south before, then again I’ve never bought along my own lightening rod.†She gave a laugh “I guess we better put you down before someone notices. I’d teleport us down but I’m not sure what the change of velocity would do for you or me for that matter. Would the change of height build up a charge?â€

As she spoke she begun to gently lower the two of them towards the ground, slowly to start with so not to disrupt everything to early.

• 2 weeks later...

"You are talking to a man who is only knows pop science this... is new... But then I have never been this high up before..."  Looking a little chagrined as he lifted his head and looked to her, smiling a little, "I think I should be fine, I mean, I might glow for a little bit, but... I do not think this should still be going on, on the ground...  Still I do like the view."  Smiling to her and glancing at her, his hand still in hers, not that he was afraid.  Before the advent of his superpowers he had gone skydiving numerous times, and paraglided, hang-glided, and even used one of those flying suits.

"This does not happen in the jets.  So I am just stymied by all of it."

Agnus had never been much for school; music had always dominated her time, but having the knowledge and memories of thousands of people sloshing around her head.

“You’ve obviously never been lucky enough to see Saint Elmo’s fire then; it’s all just charged plasma flow’s just on different scales. When I bought you up here I gave us potential energy, if I drop you know all that energy will get paid back. Normally the energy of the Teleport cancels everything out, but if you do wibbly wobbly stuff with energy… well let’s just say it probably better to take the scenic route.â€

She gave a little grin, more to herself than anyone else.

“And don’t worry I won’t drop you, you still owe me dinner.â€

"I have done a great many things, some of them I regret, I was in college for a decade though, and it cuts out on some rather nice life experience.  Still this... this is as beautiful as the Hajj."  Smiling at her then, he wasn't concerned that she would drop him, or do anything like that.  "Besides I have started to glow more than I used to now, when I absorb energy, and I have never been exposed to something like the aurora borealis before."

"And if you drop me now I am more concerned with the breathing issue, as I am able to fly under my own power.  Still... I imagine the experience would be less fun and would cancel out that free dinner you are going to get."

“Well a few more minutes and we’ll be back in the atmosphere, it’s a little thin and cold but I could probably extend my aura if you want fly down under your own power.â€

Leaning down she whispered theatrically in his ear. A broad smile on her face.

“You know I’ve always wanted to join the 500 mile high club, it’s on my list of thing to do before I die. You know just me someone else and maybe a couple of Cosmonauts. Maybe it thing work out...â€

By now around the air around them seemed to be taken on a slightly blue quality.

"Well I let you bring me up here, so it would make me a bit of a jerk if I suddenly decided to fly down on my own.  Besides I am not the fastest flyer there is, and I have no idea what will happen if I hit the jetstream."  And then Amir smiled as she leaned in to whisper into her ear then.  Turning his head to look at her then, not really paying attention to their descent.  "I would not be opposed to that, Agnus... even if I would be at your tender mercies."  A big grin on his face as he looked at her, and then he blinked as he looked down and he laughed.  "So... we are worried about energy?  Why... I eat energy for breakfast!"  He cackled a little, "Mmm but I never really experimented."

Agnus blushed a little as her bluff was well a truly called, but she recovered fairly quickly. After all she did have the upper hand in this situation.

“Well I’d like at least dinner before I at least start thinking about those kind of things, and it’s probably best if I know I can keep flying with me, ahem, concentration on something else.â€

BY now they were getting close to the cloud level and Agnus had to keep an eye out for any aircraft, or other flyers, at this height.

“Do you want to go back to the studio or someplace else? I know this great place to eat where people can just drop onto the balcony, though you’ll have to take over the flying duties.â€

There was a smile on his face as he looked at her.  "Then dinner it is.  Sounds good to me, I am starved.  Though here, this will help a little."  And he held up a hand as they drew closer to the clouds, and then he sparked up a light, a red one, specifically so they would be visible for planes out there.  He smiled at her, and laughed a little bit then, and shifted as they kept moving down.

"Though this leads to the question of whether my phone is going to work after we went up to the magnetosphere..."  He grinned a little bit, and winked at her.  "Let me know when you want me to take over."

“Oh it’s okay you’d be surprise what a modern mobile phone can survive these day’s. I’ve taken my phone back to the 19th Century and it worked fine, it’s a long story needing much wine. Plus my aura protect us against most EM effect’s.â€

Agnus took on a mock hurt tone “The distances a girl has to go to get a date these day’s.â€

They were now getting near the bottom of the cloud cover and near “normal†airspace where most heroes travelled. Agnus stopped at the edge of the clouds.

“Yeah now would be the best time to swap over.†she moved around until she was facing Asad.

“Just you be careful where you put your hands.â€

"Yes, well mine is overly expensive, so I imagine... Alright I will hold you to that."  Amir grinned a little, letting the light die away, before he slipped an arm around her waist, even without using his power he was surprisingly strong for a CEO.  They shifted a little as he took over the flight duties as on their descent, able to keep them steady, relatively easily.

He arched a brow as he looked at her.  "Really?  You spirit me away to space, and then proposition me...  I am a consummate gentleman."  Still grinning as he spoke as he swooped lower.  "I will need a small bit of help in the direction department my dear Ms. Stone."