Vector

horngeek

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Rich kid of a wealthy industrialist and an Australian superheroine.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Nope!

What is your full birth name?

Catherine Elizabeth Fields

Where do you live?

Nice apartment in Freedom City, near the uni.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

22, and I was born in 1990.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female!

How would you describe your heritage?

Pretty much all British Isles. Bit of everything from there, though…

How tall are you?

152 cm- 5 feet for Americans.

What is your body type?

Petite and lightweight.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Nope!

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

Fairly light on my feet, but I’m pretty confident most of the time.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Light skin, emerald eyes, brown hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Loose but short, and no facial hair.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

…I suppose I am. I’ve been flirted with, so I suppose others agree.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

A birthmark on my upper back. No, I’m not taking my shirt off to show you.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Nope!

Do you have a dominant hand?

Right-handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Fairly casual most of the time. Jeans, a shirt of some kind, a pair of Australian work boots, and an Akubra. I can go with a dress if it’s formal, though.

Do you wear makeup?

Not unless it’s a formal situation… makeup tends to look tacky on me.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Fairly light soprano voice.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I’m pretty energetic… and sometimes my mind works a lot quicker than other people, so I can confuse them. It gets annoying sometimes, yeah.

History

Where do you come from?

Wahroonga, Sydney, Australia!

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Yeah, I’ve moved to Freedom City for university.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Yeah, I’m pretty loyal- I love Australia.

The government… let’s just say I disagree with politics turning personal.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

“I love a sunburnt country,

A land of sweeping plains.â€

Mackellar said it best. Love it.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Wahroonga, it’s a suburb of Sydney- near the north. I like it. Quiet and peaceful.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Well… the school I went to was quite mixed, so there wasn’t a minority or majority of stuff. I suppose that taught me that what we look like doesn’t really matter.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I’m brilliant at maths. Love it, too. So, obviously, I’m becoming an architect, which does have a lot of maths involved.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Nope. That’s something I’m grateful for.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Well… I suppose when I got my powers? I’ve not had defining moments as much as defining periods. Like when I was learning how to control my powers at the Claremont Academy, I also learnt a lot about why superheroes do the things they do.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

…not… much. It’s more ‘don’t look before I do something’ than anything else. There’s nothing major that sticks out.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Tara Girls High School, in Sydney. Went all the way from Kindergarten to Year 12. And I loved it- sure, there were some mean kids, but… you just try not to let them get to you.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I’ve kept a few birthday gifts… a teddy bear my dad made me when I was… really small. I think 4. I’m not sure exactly what he put into it to make it last so long, but I’m not complaining.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

...I suppose I made the decision during my last year at school. There… wasn’t a single moment. Mum and dad were supporting, but they never tried to push me into becoming a superhero, and I’m grateful for that.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Nope. I have this power given to me for a reason. Oh, sure, it’s a mutation, but nothing really happens by pure luck. Everything can be traced back to God. So, might as well use His gift to help others.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Nope.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

To protect my identity as Vector? A bit, yeah. Not much, though.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Like I said, nothing dark and deep.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Nope.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Michael Fields and Opal Fields.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes, I was.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Very good standing- Dad’s an inventor and head of a multibillion international company, and mum generally works as his secretary.

Where are your parents now?

Back in Sydney- unless they’re on a business trip.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Mostly stay in Sydney- they do go on business trips, but dad tries to limit that.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Very well. They raised me well, and they’re still supportive.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

…they’re very proud of me. Sometimes I wonder if dad’s kind of… living through me? I know he never pushed me into becoming a superhero, but he’s never been able to go out and fight- he just doesn’t have it in him to throw a punch, let alone fight crime, and… me and mum don’t view that as a bad thing, but he’s sometimes frustrated by it. Ah, rambling. Next question?

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I’ve got two younger siblings- my sister, Anna, is in high school right now, and my brother, Brian, is in primary school. They both think it’s ‘so cool Cathy’s a superhero!’.

What was your birth order in the family?

Me, Anna, Brian.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Both at school

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Yeah, I call them pretty much every couple of days.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

…I honestly can’t pick.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Dad. He’s been the most supportive member of the family, and I always know he’s there to talk to.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

Not that I can think of.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Again, if there is one, I know not.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Nope. That’s… a few years off at least.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

…I don’t know. Maybe?

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone who doesn’t try and limit me, someone who accepts me for who I am.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Charlotte. She’s a friend of mine from uni- pretty smart. How we became friends… she’s got a pretty blunt personality, doesn’t think twice about telling brutal truths. I didn’t care, she doesn’t care that I’m the daughter of a multi-billionaire.

Few other friends from uni, and some I keep in contact with from Tara.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Probably Charlotte, again.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

Dad, mum, siblings, Charlotte, my friends from school, and the newspapers would probably mention it at some point.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

No, I haven’t. Hope I never do.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Nope. I assume I’m going to make them at some point, though- superheroing always goes that way.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Not sure. Strike at friends and family? Try to unmask me, maybe, I saw what happened to Captain Thunder a few years back.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

…vicious rumors. There was a group of girls in high school… eh, try not to dwell on that. I had no problems going to teachers at the time if I was being bullied.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

God, family, friends, Australia.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

God, but let’s limit this to humans for the sake of fairness. My dad, I’d say. Always been there for me.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Anyone who tries to exploit or attack people who can’t defend themselves.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Loyalty, respecting knowledge, the courage to stand up for what you believe in- not necessarily physically. I… like to think I do. Know I’m not perfect, though.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

…lack of respect for others. Thinking others’ opinions don’t matter.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Yeah, I do. My parents, my siblings, Mr. Summers, and Charlotte. No one else, though.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I’m fairly good at teamwork. I’m… more a planner than a leader, if that makes sense? I can make a plan, but I’d give it to the leader and let him execute it.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

No, I’m not on a super team.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

There’s a small church near my apartment that I go to- it’s a fairly nice place to go. I spend Sunday afternoons there, unless there’s vital hero work.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Dad, and… okay, it’s cliché, but the Centurion’s death is actually a pretty big inspiration. He fought to the end to save everything.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Fortunately not.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Love it. Love saving people.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Give it up? When I can’t do it anymore- crippling injury, or if I lost my powers somehow. Switch sides… noooo, I don’t think so. Not for real. I might fake it to go undercover or something, but… I’m not sure I could pull that off.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Continue university- I’d like to finish my Bachelor degree and start on my Masters.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Work as an architect, and continue being a superhero.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

…losing my family or friends. I… haven’t ever had it triggered, but I’d likely start fighting… a lot nastier than I do normally.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Save an innocent life.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

…ooooh. Given how rich my family is, I need to answer this carefully, don’t I?

Okay. My opinion is that it’s all right to save some money, but you shouldn’t be miserly with spending, or with giving. It’s not a mark of success, it’s a means to an end. More to the point, it doesn’t last. It’s far better to spend it now rather than hoard it.

How do you generally treat others?

I try to treat others kindly and with respect. And I try to not care about what they appear like. I’m not sure I always succeed… but I try my best anyway.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Fairly trusting, I think. Not ‘trust anyone’, but I generally trust people who’ve been friendly to me. And thank god, that’s never been abused.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Fairly outgoing. I’m pretty confident most of the time.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Chat. Become friends if they’re nice people and don’t just have nice butts. See where it goes from there.

What are your most annoying habits?

Like I said before… tend to think a bit too fast for others sometimes.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

People who can’t see beyond their own stupid prejudices.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I’m a big fan of lasagna. I… generally prefer simple over fancy foods. I do take time to enjoy my food.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Apple juice. I actually don’t like the way alcohol tastes, so that’s out.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Ice Cream!

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Overly hot spices.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Blue. I don’t like extremely bright pink. Just… urgh.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I like classical type music. I’m also a bit of a fan of J-pop (especially Yuki Kaijura). On the other hand, Death Metal… urgh.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Vanilla.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Hmmm… dolphin, probably. Smartest non-human animal around.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

…teddy bear dad gave me. Still sits on my shelf.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I don’t mind ‘roughing it’, but I don’t do it for the sake of it.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Prostitution, assassination, drug-dealing.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

I believe in God, yes. Most important thing to me, and I try to let it influence all my decisions.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Mum, mainly. She taught me about God.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Most Sundays- like I said earlier, unless hero stuff pulls me away. I worship at a church near my apartment, and I’ve got a few friends there. I… agree with most of it. I’m Anglican, it’s a Methodist church, so there’s some disagreements, but nothing massive.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I could, but I’ve never had to, and I don’t even want to.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

How my parents raised me.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

To save an innocent life, if there’s no other way.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I’d be… sad that it happened. No matter who. My opinions of the person who did the killing would vary depending on why they killed, though.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

Call police, then try to find it.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Either own up to my mistakes (if that’s why) or try to prove my innocence (if I’ve been framed).

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

…I… don’t know. I’d like to think I’d behave rationally… but I could go on a rampage of revenge.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Destroying a soul. An even greater destruction than physical death.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

…contact my family, contact my friends, put my affairs in order… kiss a cute guy, then put on the mask one last time and go out doing as much good as I can.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Some, at Claremont Academy.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Duncan Summers. And… mostly student-teacher, although he gave me some friendly advice.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Vector manipulation, nothing else.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

No, not yet, but like I said before, I intend to become an architect.

What is your preferred combat style?

Go in, use my powers as best I can. Soak up the hits for everyone else.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

None as yet.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Hmmm… maybe increase tactical knowledge, I think.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I try and learn. No use being jealous.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Get up, go to uni, get home, do hero work. It’s annoying for that to be interrupted, sure, but not too much.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Well… I’m a major chess fan- both playing and reading about it. Board games in general are cool.

What do you do for fun?

Watch anime, play chess, read novels.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

Figure-hugging bodysuit, all in blue, with a white cross on my chest and the Commonweath Star at the center of the cross.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

…didn’t I answer this before?

What do you wear to bed most nights?

…not really appropriate, don’t you think? Sleeping dress most of the time.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

A watch my father designed, but not much else.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

The bank. I’ve got monetary values, but no particular objects like that.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Local, I go for the car. Long-distance… well, I can generally get a ride from one of my dad’s jets.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

…in the event, everything goes back to dad. I… try not to think about it.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

…ew? DNA.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Helping people.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Well, if I ever went bad, but not otherwise. And I don’t think I’d go bad. People raised me too well.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I’m smart.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Forgetting that sometimes, people don’t have the same general skills as I- some people aren’t as smart as me, but have more creativity, or are better with people.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Never give up, even if it seems hard. Be careful with your powers, and try to keep people’s strengths and weaknesses in mind.