Dimensional Pocket specs

Heritage

So Red Queen has 10 ranks in Dimensional Pocket, which means it can hold up to 50,000 lbs of material; removing or replacing items is a move action, so it sounds a bit like the classic 'bag of holding' from D&D, i.e. you always find whatever you need when you reach in. I'm interested in using her DP as a way to carry folks into places (i.e. the museum we're about to rob), but I don't want them to die of suffocation and I'm not sure if there's supposed to be an actual room or what on the other side. In other words, assuming she can carry folks safely, what would they see in there, and would they be able to see and/or talk to each other? I'm guessing I have a little freedom in terms of actual description, but I need to understand the FC-approved characteristics first.

So Red Queen has 10 ranks in Dimensional Pocket, which means it can hold up to 50,000 lbs of material; removing or replacing items is a move action, so it sounds a bit like the classic 'bag of holding' from D&D, i.e. you always find whatever you need when you reach in. I'm interested in using her DP as a way to carry folks into places (i.e. the museum we're about to rob), but I don't want them to die of suffocation and I'm not sure if there's supposed to be an actual room or what on the other side. In other words, assuming she can carry folks safely, what would they see in there, and would they be able to see and/or talk to each other? I'm guessing I have a little freedom in terms of actual description, but I need to understand the FC-approved characteristics first.

I don't want them to die of suffocation and I'm not sure if there's supposed to be an actual room or what on the other side.

I'd say you can make the pocket look like pretty much whatever you want. And you don't have to worry about suffocation. An auto-suffocating dimensional pocket would be quite a steal in terms of PPs per rank.

and would they be able to see and/or talk to each other?

Two (or more) people in the same DP, sure they can see and talk to each other.

I don't want them to die of suffocation and I'm not sure if there's supposed to be an actual room or what on the other side.

I'd say you can make the pocket look like pretty much whatever you want. And you don't have to worry about suffocation. An auto-suffocating dimensional pocket would be quite a steal in terms of PPs per rank.

and would they be able to see and/or talk to each other?

Two (or more) people in the same DP, sure they can see and talk to each other.

In my first FtF game, one character had darkness based powers and a dimensional pocket. At one point in the game, she dimentionally pocketed a syringe carrying a swarm on nanobots (long story). It turns out that some got lose in her pocket and it affected her powers. Eventually, the team made their way into the pocket (including the person who's pocket it was (again, long story)), only to discover that there was, in fact, another universe in this dimension. She (the PC) was hailed as the one prophesised to come and deliver them from the new evil that had taken over their land (the nanobots which had found a way to replicate themselves). It was quite an adventure... one they didn't actually finish, as the last session ended with ther heroes about to face off with the various baddies.

Point is, have fun with it! :D Link it to your other powers if you can, but you're pretty free to describe it however you want, keeping in mind that the description will not change the mechanics (obviously).

In my first FtF game, one character had darkness based powers and a dimensional pocket. At one point in the game, she dimentionally pocketed a syringe carrying a swarm on nanobots (long story). It turns out that some got lose in her pocket and it affected her powers. Eventually, the team made their way into the pocket (including the person who's pocket it was (again, long story)), only to discover that there was, in fact, another universe in this dimension. She (the PC) was hailed as the one prophesised to come and deliver them from the new evil that had taken over their land (the nanobots which had found a way to replicate themselves). It was quite an adventure... one they didn't actually finish, as the last session ended with ther heroes about to face off with the various baddies.

Point is, have fun with it! :D Link it to your other powers if you can, but you're pretty free to describe it however you want, keeping in mind that the description will not change the mechanics (obviously).

Kensons' suggested that you'd need Precise on a Dimensional Pocket to be able to do the Heward's Handy Haversack "reach in to pull out exactly what you want" thing. Without Precise, it's like a Bag of Holding, meaning you'd have to dig around inside to find the item desired if there's a ton of stuff inside it.

Hmm, seeing as her pocket can hold 25 tons, it could take her quite sometime to find the right item or person; since her Magic cost extra pp due to Extras, can I just add the Precise extra to this power?

Kensons' suggested that you'd need Precise on a Dimensional Pocket to be able to do the Heward's Handy Haversack "reach in to pull out exactly what you want" thing. Without Precise, it's like a Bag of Holding, meaning you'd have to dig around inside to find the item desired if there's a ton of stuff inside it.

Hmm, seeing as her pocket can hold 25 tons, it could take her quite sometime to find the right item or person; since her Magic cost extra pp due to Extras, can I just add the Precise extra to this power?

Anybody else willing to sign-off on RQ having a the Precise feat for her Pocket?

Yeah, that's fine. You still have 3 PPs available in that array slot. Adding precise is not a problem.

If you would, post your request in the Character Edits thread so they'll be a record of the change. :)

Anybody else willing to sign-off on RQ having a the Precise feat for her Pocket?

Yeah, that's fine. You still have 3 PPs available in that array slot. Adding precise is not a problem.

If you would, post your request in the Character Edits thread so they'll be a record of the change. :)