St. George's Armory (IC)

Azuth65

Point taken! Glow chuckled with a grin at Silver Spider. The Australian heroine relaxed significantly when the armoured priest propped his sheathed weapon against a pew and took off his helmet. "Forgive me for being slightly uneducated on religious paramilitary squads, but who or what is the Order of Iscariot? And can I take it that you happen to be wearing and holding the armour and sword that they were after?"

She paused for a moment as a final question occurred to her. "Oh, and if you wouldn't mind telling us, who exactly are you?"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old priest looked at Glow and gave her a warm smile, "My name is Father O'Riley, child. It is my duty, appointed by Pope John Paul the Second himself, to guard these artifacts until such time as a suitable bearer is found." He pulled one of the gauntlet off a mildly arthritic looking hand, setting it next to the helm. "As for the Order of Iscariot, they're a group of former priests and bishops who wish to see the Church replace, well, you folks as the defenders of humanity."

Setting the second gauntlet next to the first he sighed, "They believe superhumans are a mix of Satan's soldiers and subjects of idolatry. Their methods for trying to reach their fellow man's hearts and minds however are unfortunately not much better those of terrorists. They've broken into dozens of our strongholds throughout Europe; taking ancient texts, priceless artifacts and symbols of faith, they even stole the Holy Grail."

After a moment to catch his breath, the old priest gathered his discarded gear and rose. "Others of my own order will be here within moments. It might be for the best if you young ladies weren't when they arrived," he said gently.

"Your own order?" Glow asked with a raised eyebrow. "Well isn't this just starting to get complicated?"

She looked around at the fallen Iscariots and then nodded at the one still stuck to the wall. "What's going to happen to these guys?" she asked. They should be arrested. Storming a church with explosives and firearms is against the law you know. And it's kind of our job to make sure that people who do things like that get arrested without endangering the police doing the arresting."

She glanced towards Silver Spider questioningly as she wondered if the older woman might have some guidance for her.

"Oh, don't worry Glow, the police should be here any second. Large explosions in Midtown don't really go unreported. And, even if they did, I took the liberty of calling for emergency response on the way in." And true enough, the chorus of sirens from the various first responders was rolling towards the building.

The priest's eyes went up, not in any sort of alarm but at the arachnid themed girl's forethought. "Very good, you've saved me a phone call. Rest assured, my brothers in arms shall not allow these artifacts to fall into the wrong hands."

Silver put a hand on Glow's shoulder and leaned in to whisper, "Getting back into the car is going to be a lot more difficult with a bunch of cops around. We should make our hasty retreat."

Glow nodded in agreement. "Alright then, glad we could help you there!" she said to the priest as she turned to follow Silver Spider out the door of the trashed church. She wasn't however quite so ready to just leave the situation in the hands of an order of priests, and she sidled up close to Jennifer so she could speak quietly. "Think you can get us to a nice rooftop or something where we can watch from and make sure nothing goes astray?" she asked. "I'd prefer we keep an eye on things until it's sorted, and if we're out of sight we can sneak off after and get your driver to pick us up away from here."

She chuckled. "I could fly us up, but it's not exactly subtle when I do things like that, especially when it's dark out.."

Silver nodded in reluctant agreement, she turned her attention back to the priest. "There's one guy currently cocooned upstairs, you can't miss him. His binding is going to end up dissolving in an hour or so, like the rest of the webbing strands around here."

Leading the way out the door with Glow next to her, Silver slid an arm around her waist and pulled her close to avoid dropping the younger girl. "Hold on tight," was all she said before weblining them up into the skyline. As they swung through the sky, Jennifer's stomach filled with a sudden swarm of butterflies at holding Kristin so close.

Landing on a nearby building with a decent view of the cathedral, she let go of the other heroine, the warmth of her touch fading slowly. "Staking out a church, not exactly how I'd hope to spend the night. Stupid religious extremists...," she muttered.

Kristin quite enjoyed the short swing through the air, her arm wrapped tightly around Jennifer's waist. It felt completely different to her own method of flight, and she definitely had a smile on her face. "Thanks for the ride!" she grinned as she looked up at the older woman for a moment or two, then slipped away. "Not exactly what I was expecting either," she sighed. "And we're totally going to miss dinner now. But I guess we sort of both signed up for stuff like this, didn't we?"

She moved over to the edge of the roof and sat down with her legs dangled over the edge. "I sort of don't trust the old guy, even if he seemed like he was alright," she said as she looked down on the church. "Hopefully it'll all go good and the cops will get it sorted out quick so we don't have to spend all night up here though."

She patted the stone next to her as she shot a look back at Jen. "Want to grab a seat? Not a bad view from here!"

For the next several minutes, the pair watched the police gather up the Order of Iscariot thieves and load them into the back of squad cars while Jen made an uncomfortable call to Nathan and another to the Cape & Cowl to cancel their table. A few times while sitting on the ledge their hands bumped against each other and each time, Jen felt like she was back in junior high school again, asking a boy to the dance.

Finally, with the scene contained and the reporters gone, their limo pulled up into an empty parking spot. Helping Kristin back to her feet and then holding onto the girl as she lowered them back to earth she couldn't help but smirk under her mask. After a mildly awkward conversation with their driver, the pair were able to get dressed again while heading for a little Chinese takeout place she knew. As they talked and joked over tasty food on the way back to Claremont she thought to herself Not exactly how I had hoped tonight would go but, It'll do.