St. George's Armory (IC)

Azuth65

"What the...?"

Kristin's instinctive defensive reaction to the explosion bathed the interior of the limousine green light, although that dimmed quickly when she realized there was no immediate threat and allowed her shielding to fade away. She regarded the scene at the Church doors for a moment and frowned at her friend.

"That," she noted. "Doesn't quite look normal. And I don't think those people are cops?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Definitely not cops," she continued. "Did you see those crosses? What's up with that? I've never even heard of..."

She sat back in her seat and looked at Jennifer. "We have to check that out don't we?" she asked with the slightest hint of a sullen tone to her voice. "There's no good reason why not-a-SWAT-squad would be blowing in the front doors of a chu... Oh damnit I don't have my costume and I'm wearing a dress! This is so your fault."

She chuckled. "Don't suppose you've got a spare pair of pants somewhere in this limo?" she asked. "I totally don't have the curves for Vickies Secret."

"No, not cops. Law enforcement tends to frown on religious displays while in uniform," Jen answered, as she turned away from the window before double checking that the opaque privacy divider was up. "And yeah, we probably will have to check on that. If nothing else, to keep anyone from getting caught in this mess."

Jen slid off her seat and reached under it to pull a lever. With a slight click, the back of the seat slumped forward to reveal a small storage compartment holding a nondescript black backpack which she pulled out. "Actually, I do. I've installed these in several of my frequently used rides," she said pulling a pair of black pants and white shirt out. After passing them to Kristin she started pulling her own costume out, "All of these supply bags have my costume, web shooters, a spare set of civilian clothes, and a few other odds and ends tucked away in case of emergency."

"Alright, that's what I call being prepared!" Kristin exclaimed as Jennifer produced a Silver Spider costume and a spare set of clothes. "I'ma start calling you 'scout'."

"At least I thought to bring a mask just in case!" she grinned as she pulled a simple green mask out of her handbag and stuck it quickly in place. With a quick hint of telekinesis she unzipped her dress and peeled it off, then folded it carefully and set it on the seat next to her. She grabbed the pair of pants Jen had offered and started to pull them on. "I've never gotten changed in a car before!" she said with a laugh as she narrowly avoided kicking Jennifer, then sat up to pull on the shirt as well. "But if I'm going to do it, limousine style is totally the way to go."

It wasn't exactly a textbook Superhero outfit - the shirt was rather baggy and she'd had to tie the drawstring on the trousers as tight as she could just to get them to hang on her hips - but Glow was ready to roll.

"Alright, let's do it then!"

Jennifer did her best to give Kristin her privacy, focusing on strapping the web shooters around her wrists rather than taking the opportunity she was sure several of the boys at her school would cause much bodily harm for. After a minute her own dress sat next to the Australian's.

"There are some perks to the company limos," Jen said with a smirk before pulling her mask over her head. Looking over at her companion, she commented, "You might want to tie the shirt a little along the bottom, it'll keep it from moving around too much."

Once the duo had changed out of their dresses and into something more fitting for fighting, the arachnid themed woman opened the large moonroof, "After you."

Kristin looked down at the over-long shirt and nodded. "Yup, I think you're right" she agreed as she quickly tied it off at a more sensible and slightly midriff-baring length. "That should stop me tripping over it at least!"

She shot Jennifer a grin, then grabbed hold of either side of the moonroof and hauled herself up and out onto the roof, where she paused for a moment to check out the surroundings, then turned a neat forward roll off to the side to land on her feet next to the limousine. She crouched in place just long enough to bring her telekinetic barrier to life, and the green light that surrounded her reflected eerily off the paintwork of the limo as she started to move cautiously towards the door of the Church.

With a few last adjustments around the shoulders and flexing her fingers, Silver Spider slipped out behind Kristin. She leaped from the vehicle, focused on the slight buzzing sensation in her midsection whenever she used her powers. Using them to emit negative gravitons, she was able to jump out with so little effort the vehicle barely moved.

Flipping once in mid-air she let fly a stream of webbing to pull herself towards the people who had just bombed the front doors of St George's Cathedral. She took a minute to observe once she was closer, hanging from a streetlight as the intruders moved through the charred ruins of the heavy wooden doors.

Peering into the gaping and still smoking, though thankfully not burning, edges of the door the pair of heroes could see the men and women breaking into four groups of three, one going down the center isle, one each moving down the outer walls, and one more heading up stairs near the entrance.

At least two of the groups had one member carrying a crusader style sword on his back in addition to the more modern weapons of war they wielded. From the nearest group the duo could hear low, almost reverent chanting in Latin.

Glow's eyes narrowed behind her mask as she peeked in the door and took in the scene. A dozen foes with firearms wasn't an ideal situation by any stretch, and swords several carried looked every bit as nasty. She glanced at Jennifer and muttered "I can stop bullets usually so let me deal with the guns," then stepped out into the entrance way.

She raised her hands towards the middle group as she squared her shoulders and planted her feet firmly, then reached out with her telekinesis, expanding her mind into the church. Green light flared in all directions as she wrapped her mental grip around the firearms and then flung her arms wide. Guns flew in all directions and bounced off the walls as she wrenched them out of the hands of the Latin-chanting troopers and threw them clear.

Silver Spider snuck in along the underside of the second level of worshiping space, her gloves occasionally pulling a splinter out of the ceiling. Once she was at the edge, she peered over the railing just in time to see the collection of assault weapons sail past her in an aura of green light.

With the Latin chanting suddenly cut off with a group-wide "Huh?", the arachnid themed hero took aim at the sole remaining armed not-SWAT member. Her streamer of webbing connected with the man, though his reflexes had to be near top human physical ability given how he drew his sword and cut the web line before it could expand upon the small blob by his left wrist.

With the firearms dealt with and her Spidery friend moving to attack, Glow's attention switched to subduing the surprised not-SWAT team as quickly as possible. Still standing squarely near the entrance to the church the fluorescent light around her intensified even more as she brought her outstretched hands together with a loud clap. The movement was a focussing method, and her gathered telekinetic energies surged inwards towards the middle group then blasted outwards in all directions and battered against each man (or woman) in the assault team. Several were felled by the blow, and several who managed to keep their feet were clearly hurt by the solid impact.

Silver Spider let out a low whistle at how her companion had just pretty much wiped the floor with a bunch of the invaders without breaking a sweat. Turning her attention back towards the one who had cut her last attack short, literally, she tried to get him wrapped up again.

The faintly shimmering silvery chemical mixture streamed from her wrists, sticking several ropes of the fluid across the sword wielder's arms and legs. It was not going to stop him but it would at least slow him down long enough for the acrobatic hero to apply a second layer.

Two of the sword wielding members of the group looked like they had been punched directly between the eyes. By a brick. The unaffected one downstairs with Glow however drew her sword, her body surrounded by a faintly gold and red light before she took to the air and attempted to slice into the younger woman. Her strike was stopped roughly a foot away from Glow's body however and the older woman was left with a frustrated frown on her face as she tried to push closer.

Meanwhile upstairs, Silver Spider's webbing seemed to be enough of a hindrance and distraction to keep her own foe from being able to even come with his swing.

In truth having a flying villainess attempt to cleave her in two with a mighty blade was rather unsettling for the young Australian heroine, but she did her best to present a calm exterior.

As the vicious sword stroke was brought to a halt by her telekinetic defenses, Glow levelled a cold glare at its wielder. "Really?" she asked in a calm, strong voice. "Did you really think you could hit me with a sword?"

The halo of light that surrounded her blazed even brighter as she raised an open hand towards her foe and enveloped the woman with a tight mental grip. With a simple gesture she flung the woman unerringly at one of her already battered comrades and the pair clattered together in a tangle of limbs. With her attacker at least temporarily Glow turned her gaze on the two unarmed men arrayed against her and offered some simple advice. "Stand down, or you'll get the same treatment!"

Tracking the sword's return to a mildly entangled guard position, Silver Spider raised her arms again and let loose another streamer of webbing, this time catching her opponent just right to keep him from cutting off or dodging any of the synthetic webs, covering most of his body in rapidly hardening strands. Rooted to the spot he glared at her and his mouth tried to work but his jaw was too confined by his silver prison.

Pulling a candy bar she noticed sticking out of one of the downed not-SWAT guy's belts she smiled behind the mask. "Not going anywhere for a while?" she asked rhetorically, she stuck the bar in the web by his mouth, "Grab a Snickers." With that she turned and jumped to stand beside Glow.

The remaining recruits looked at the tangled limbs of their comrades, the two women standing against them who seem to have hardly broken a sweat, and finally at each other before bolting from the room and through opposite doors in the rear. The woman Glow had just thrown into another intruder slowly rose to her feet, her sword wavering.

The remaining combatant also gained an aura of light, pointed his sword at the costumed woman and a beam of white fire as thick around as a quarter shot towards her. Silver Spider leaned backward, allowing the stream to harmlessly pass over her before leaning fulling back into a handstand and spring boarding back to her feet. The swordsman yelled something in Italian in frustration.

Glow's stomach tied itself in a knot as the gout of fire flew towards Silver Spider, and she let out a whistle of relief and amazement as her friend evaded with rather amazing elegance. Her gaze snapped back towards the man and her expression hardened. "What is wrong with you people?" she demanded, then lunged forwards in a dazzling movement that looked like an ad-lib cross between a cartwheel and a forward roll.

Half a heartbeat behind the movement a wicked telekinetic punch lashed forwards and caught the off-balance swordsman squarely in the chest. "Drop the damn sword already will you?"

With Glow occupying the man who had just attacked her, Silver Spider turned her attention back to the wavering swordswoman. Focusing on the feeling when she altered her graviton field, she leaped several feet into the air before aiming and launching a stream of the webbing at the other woman. With a line of the materiel connecting her hand to the intruder's torso, she yanked and launched herself forward into a shoulder check. The impacted knocked the sword from her grasp and sent her backwards into a pew where her head lolled before slumping.

Silver however bounced backward from the strike and into a three-point crouch. "And the arachnid girl picks up the spare."

Still muttering and obviously frustrated, the last remaining swordsman focused on the girl surrounded by the green aura before his sword flashed again with heavenly light and another beam raced across the distance between them to strike Glow smartly in the right shoulder, scorching the borrowed shirt and stinging like she'd just been punched in the shoulder. Her arm gave a short spasm as her nerves overloaded before regaining control, leaving just a slight tingling in her upper arm.

The swordsman watched gave the teen a smirk and a mocking salute with his blade before settling back into a defensive posture, his sword held across his body, ready to block or counter any attack sent his way.

Glow winced and stumbled for just a moment as the bolt of fiery light drilled right through her defensive barrier and blasted into her shoulder. With a hiss of pain she shook out her fingers to rid them of the annoying twitching, then glared at the swordsman as he gave his mocking salute. "That all you got?" she asked the man nonchalantly as she pushed the discomfort aside and raised her hand towards him. "Because it kinda tickled." A moment later he was wrapped in a green haze of mental energy as the telekinetic jammed him roughly against the wall.

"Hey Spider," she called to the other heroine. "Free hits on the jerk with the sword! Fire up!"

After hearing Glow's call, Silver Spider did not need to be given a second invitation. Taking a brief sprint she ran forward, hopping across some ruble before unleashing a line of webbing several feet directly above where the last man standing was being pinned between the green aura and the wall.

Silver swung downward, feet first like a human spike when she impacted into his stomach. The force of her swinging kick driving the wind from his lungs and placing a look nausea on his once confident face as she again rolled back. She raised her fists as if he had a chance of breaking free.

"Nice!" Glow exclaimed as Silver Spider cannoned feet first into the trapped swordsman. Despite the brutal impact however he continued to struggle against her telekinetic grip. "What is it with you people?" she demanded. "Just give it up!"

The Aussie teen made a subtle gesture and the man floated a few inches away from the wall, then snapped back against it hard as she gave him another powerful shove. The impact finally seemed to knock the fight out of stubborn villain, and it was with a good deal of relief that Glow allowed him to sink limply to the ground. A few quick telekinetic throws made sure that all the swords and firearms were well out of reach of the downed troopers, then she allowed herself a moment to take a deep breath and tugged on the sleeve of her borrowed shirt to inspect the damage to her shoulder.

The welt looked nasty but superficial, and she flexed her fingers again as she turned back towards the Silver Spider. "Nice one!" she commented as she offered the other young woman a fist bump. "You've got some pretty serious moves there!"

"Thanks. Nice throw back there, I just don't get to see human bowling balls very often," she said, voice conveying her smirk through the mask.

While bumping knuckles with Glow, Silver Spider surveyed the damage the short fight had wrought upon the cathedral. Broken pews and chunks of stonework littered the floor mixed with the splinters of the blasted in front doors and topping this birthday cake of debris and collateral damage were strands of her own silver webbing.

Before she could say anything about it though, one of the runners came sailing backwards through the door he had escaped through. As he landed unceremoniously and skidded to a stop against the rubble, an older looking man in more traditional priest's garb stepped through the door. He was dressed in medieval plate and carried a sheathed broadsword in one hand. "Do I have you to thank for halting these interlopers?" he asked, his voice quiet in the vast chamber but containing a strength that belied his age.

Glow whirled as the unfortunate man sailed back into the room and her defensive barrier flared back into life. She relaxed a little when the man landed unceremoniously in a heap, and regarded the newcomer with a curious gaze. "I guess you do," she replied cautiously. "The mess wasn't us though, it was like this when we got here."

Still slightly amped up from the battle she edged sideways away from Silver Spider just in case the rather imposing man turned out to be hostile. "Care to maybe explain why they were storming in here with guns and explosives and swords?" she asked. "Oh, and would you mind maybe putting down that sword? See that guy over there used his to blast me with fire, and I'm really not a fan of that."

Relaxing from her defensive stance, Silver Spider eyed her companion before saying, "At least he has it sheathed, unlike those guys who tried to puncture and char-broil us."

The old priest looked over the invaders before leaning the sword against a still intact pew to remove the helmet, "Likely they were after St George's sword and armor. If these men and women are who I think they are, such brute force tactics are rare. Being stopped is rarer still. Once the Order of Iscariot sets its sights on an artifact, it usually ends up in their clutches sooner or later."