Twilight Tag(IC)

Ari

GM

The wholly unexpected answer actually made the Queen stop smiling for a shadow of a moment, and suspicion glimmered deep within her bright eyes.

Then it was past and their sunny hostess smiled grandly upon her guest, saying "Certainly! A game about 'angry birds' is bound to provide much entertainment! Have I ever told you about that young witch I payed in mad harriers? It brings laughter to my heart even so many years afterwards." she sighed with a fond look, then darted to her feet, caught her deep blue cape with its writhing patterns about her shoulders, clasped it neatly, and signaled to a dark corner of the room, from which Parsley emerged with a bland smile. Whispering into his ear, the Queen appeared to give him some directions, at which he bowed mutely and departed with strides of his long legs straight through the wall behind him. Sinking onto a nearby couch, the Queen deftly flicked Subito over to her side, and began to slowly strum a small lyre, humming to herself.

Nisien's right hand flickered out the words "Magic. Not normal movement. In a hurry." as he admired the magnificent and unearthly fruits on the table, especially one that looked like a massive orange with a peach's skin. Cigfa answered him shortly "Courtier. Always in a hurry."

The rest of the meal passed more or less uneventfully. The attending Fey gave little notice to their captive or the guests, the Afanc whimpered quietly into its holder before the Queen suddenly grew bored and announced that the banquet had concluded, ordering her Court to assemble into boats and go to the surface at once. "Find one of the staircases, and simply go upwards until you reach the summit of my towers. A boat will await you there." she explained brightly to the agents of the Order, swishing out the door and hauling her young charge at her train.

With a soft sigh of water, the Queen's delicate ship burst out into the air, sliding to a halt, the deck dry as it had been below, though the sides streamed with water from the Llyn. The Queen and the Order agents were seated in a small circle, with a table holding Blodeuwedd's phone on the table in the middle. Subito having been relinquished from two of the chains, though the one around his neck still glittered between him and the throne, he sat among the agents in a smooth stone chair.

"If you would, dear boy" the Queen smiled gently at him "by all means: begin! I look forward to pitting myself against you."

The guards somehow managed not to smirk too obviously.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The incessant hugs had quickly worn down his patience for the Queen's excessive affection, and he had struggled not to stick his tongue out at her as he was released from the chains, satisfying himself with a discreet kick at the two lengths of sleeping metal as he was led to his seat. He smiled apologetically at Cerys as he eased into the harsh stone chair, glancing around at the ever-present mist and felt for a strange moment like no world existed beyond the lake, and no people beyond those on the water. Shaking off the feeling he focused on the small phone as the Queen slid it across the round table into his hand. Scowling at her pleasant words, he muttered "Do m'best. Highness." he added by way of deference, remembering belatedly that they were still rather in her power.

Taking a deep breath he tapped the small icon on the phone screen, and the simple, familiar tune rang out over the ship. He couldn't help but glance over at Cerys with confusion, his eyes asking 'For serious?' as he tapped briskly away into the first and simplest stage.

He was soon lost in the simple and maddeningly precise world of flinging small birds at fortresses of pigs, calculating the exact parabolas that needed to bring the foul parapets and barriers down with the fewest possible birds, carefully timing the exact moment when a tap could spell an early victory, and wincing as an otherwise impeccable toss sent an explosive bird sailing elegantly clear over his target to flatten on a rock. It was not helped by the strange feeling of immense pressure. 'This is..this isn't the big fight, but...I still don't want to lose! I guess I would feel the same no matter WHAT game Blodeu chose.' he realized a little sheepishly, clearing the final stage of the first level with a mere fifty points under three stars. Sighing a little he handed it across to the Queen "Good luck, your Majesty." he said crisply, making sure his fingers didn't touch hers, which he rightly guessed she would try to do.

He glanced up over the lake, wondering about what besides himself and the Afanc, currently crying in a cage slung against the ship, had brought them down. He was positive that something else was afoot...

In a low voice he asked the youngest of the agents very simply "Is there something else here? Something that the Fey want?"

“I don’t know but let’s find out.â€

She fished her smartphone out of her handbag, they were in the mist meant they were between worlds. That meant the rules of both worlds applied. Hence she could use her mobile to make a call, if she had a signal, except cell towers weren’t common in the mists. But she’d thought of that as well.

“I’ve used Dyrnwyn for a long enough that there’s a link between the two of us, see if you can use that to run a signal back to Supervisor Medraut.â€

As plans went it was fairly simple, but sometimes they were the best plans of all.

Taking the phone and looking it over for a second, Subito raised an eyebrow at Blodeuwedd's plan. It sounded pretty crazy, but she seemed to have a pretty good handle on the situation...

He nodded, muttered "'Kay, on it." and tapped the call button, holding it next to his ear as he watched the Fey Queen's fingers flicking back and forth along the phone. When he reached the man's phone he said softly "Hey, Mr. Medraut? Can you hear this? What's going on with you guys?" he winced at the dry hum of magic carrying the electric signal, concentrating as best he could on the other end.

GM

The Queen proved an amazingly quick study of the game, her eyes picking out the best arcs for her birds to sail in order to smash holes in the fortresses of the pigs. It took her a while of tentative, wary taps at the screen to figure out just how Angry Birds worked, but the catapult was instantly recognized and soon she was flinging infuriated avians with smooth swipes of her elegant fingers, laughing joyfully as the last stage was cleared, and she beat Subito's score by several thousand points quite handily. Tossing it with a triumphant shake of her magnificent hair onto the table, she proclaimed cheerfully to Blodeuwedd "Ha! A splendid game, little Agent! And one that I am as superior at as any you can devise!" she reclined deeper into the chair, murmuring "I must try and bring it into my realm, perhaps using my servants..."

Medraut's voice called out with a note of suspicion, carrying to both Subito and Cerys' ears, the boy hearing it though the phone and the agent hearing it through her connection to Dyrnwyn "Hello? Supervisor Medraut here, I hear you. Well, we're surrounded by Fey, and we have discovered whose ghost that is hanging above the lake: it is Brân Fendigaidd, the great giant and ancient king of Wales. Apparently his skeleton lies here, as does that cauldron which caused so much trouble in Ireland. We need to secure the shards of that thing before the Queen uses it to make herself unbeatable."

"Those pigs never saw it coming your Majesty!" Subito said politely to their hostess, smiling as he thought 'Are all Fey this blasted smug? How do they keep from just attacking each other to wipe those smirks off each others' faces?!'

Leaning over to Cerys he whispered "Okay, so who's Bran Fendigger? I haven't gotten that far in the Mabi-" he blushed suddenly and coughed, glancing away as he began correcting himself hurriedly "-I mean, I've never heard of that guy. And is this cauldron some kind of eternal life dealy?" he listened to the slow rock of the water against the ship, wishing he could keep from thinking about immortal fairies crawling out of the lake and stealing up towards the towns...

“The Fae are like cat’s they’re self centered and think of only themselves. It’s fine as long as you entertain them, but if they get bored of you, they’ll ever leave you alone or make up new games with you involved. And not all pleasant. Vicious, mean, but luckily never deadly.â€

Blodeuwedd gave a little sigh.

“That Brân Fendigaidd more commonly known as Bran the Blessed, though it should be Blessed Crow. He was the King of the Island of the Mighty who owned a magic cauldron the bought the dead back to life. While his head, buried under the Tower of London, eternally vigilant protects the whole of the UK from invasion. Such power cannot fall into anyone hands, especially the Tylwyth Teg.â€

She turned her attention back to Medraut “What do you need us to do?â€

GM

"I need you two to talk her into giving you the pieces. It will take some doing, I know" he added with worry clear in his voice "But we can't risk an open confrontation like this, we are not prepared yet. Nisien will receive a message shortly with additional options, should they appear. Be safe children." he added, sounding unusually tender before his voice cut out. Cigfa looked up slowly, a far-away look in her eyes for a few seconds before she tilted her head slightly downwards.

"So! What shall we do next? Swimming? A footrace across the lake? Diving?" the Queen asked with a tinkling giggle, her eyes hawk-like.

Alright, now they just needed a way to get the Queen to let them search around for a broken cauldron at the bottom of the Llyn. "A great idea, your Majesty!" he exclaimed with a winning smile, leaning back against the chair and folding his arms behind his head, glancing at Cerys as he went on "I propose a new challenge: you and another take turns riding the Afanc deep under the lake, the one who brings the most valuable thing to the surface, wins!"

He gave the Queen an almost smouldering look under his dark hair as he murmured "What do you think..mistress?"

Blodeuwedd lent in a whispered back.

“Step behind and be ready to hold the other two, tell them that it’s an Tylluan situation. They’ll understand.â€

She stepped forwards and spoke again to the Queen.

“I must say that your Magisty has played an impressive game. And I don’t mean the Angry Birds. It seemed you have bigger aims in mind, I am curious what your aims may be and how you plan to recover an artefact made from magical Iron.â€

Well here goes, let’s hope Subito is smart enough not to misinterpret her actions.

“I here that the Tylwyth Teg can be quite generous to there allies. Maybe if you tell me your plans I can assist you?â€

GM

"You know?" the Queen asked, with what Blodeuwedd saw was well-played surprise, clasping her hands in excitement "We were afraid you might never ask! Your young comrade was quite uninterested in Us or why We had him captured. While we were in the palace, at least" she added with a fond look to the Puerto Rican teen, suddenly turning with a brilliant smile to the young agent as she began at once.

"Well it is quite simple really: we had heard from a little fish that a great treasure lay in this water. We, of course, desired this treasure for ourselves, and at once we moved our palace, arms, soldiers and the beauties of our Court here, that we might find this thing, and add to the wonders in our possession. Sadly," her voice and face fell "it seems that that Afanc has some strange and unnatural love for the treasure, and all our magic has done nothing but send it deeper into a rage for all who dwell nearby. Quite the opposite of what we intended, of course. We are sorry that all this trouble has been caused," she added as the Queen slid into a more restful position across the seat of her throne, her feet pointed at the sky and her gleaming smile turned to its full power "but accidents happen! If you can help me get this treasure," she added graciously "we will honour the good name the people of Cymru have given the Twylyth Teg, and grant you a measure of whatever treasures you care to name, saving only that you can carry it, of course!" the Fey woman qualified with a sly wink.

Subito darted a curious glance at Cerys before reluctantly nodding, breathing "Good luck." and slipping over to nearer the elder two agents. In a low voice he murmured "Hey. Blodeu wants you guys to know that this is a 'Tylluan situation'. Dunno what that is, but apparently this is one." he gave the slightest of shrugs before sliding fully back into his chair, watching the Queen with his merry smile that hadn't dipped for even a moment.

He was quite surprised when Cerys offered to help out the weirdo faerie Queen, but guessed that the subtle and skilled young woman was up to something. 'Whatever it is, I sure hope it involves swords.' he thought grumpily 'This has all been going on way longer than it should Or else this is all quite necessary, and the time spent gathering information and learning about your enemy will lead to better things than charging her Yeah, sure. I bet by now at least her family could do something with that stuff, like knowing what kind of troops she's got and what they can do, but I can't'

He felt a momentary stab of anger at how in the dark he really was here, and his smile flickered. He turned his eyes away from the hateful Queen and back to the slender girl nearby, trusting that at least she knew what she was doing.

Blodeuwedd gave a “friendly smileâ€, the kind normally reserved for crocodiles, Fae weren’t always capable of reading human’s body language but if the Queen could she would have seen someone who was happy to betray there friends and join her cause.

“Well then you are in luck. My boyfriend here, of who my family disproves of vehemently, among his many talents…†she gave the Queen a knowing look “…has a certain empathy with animal of all kinds. Allow him and the Afanc to go free and they’ll be able to recover the artefact in no time.â€

GM

Nisien's pale eyebrows raised briefly, and from a nearly imperceptible twitch at the corner of his mouth made plain that he had heard and understood Subito. Cigfa spared him a ghost of a smile and a faint nod. Making no other sign that they had noticed his words, besides Cigfa commenting lightly "Indeed? We must organize a fishing trip sometime." whereupon they kept a careful watch apparently on the general area around the Queen and Blodeuwedd. The royal in question seeming to grow more excited by the minute. Her eyes gleamed with anticipation.

"Ah, I was hoping there was someone like you among the party!" she exclaimed, lolling even more impossibly on her ornate seat, her hair somehow evading the deck "Most of the Order's mighty and wise agents have little interest in giving much aid to my kind. Mostly it seems to be an interest in gathering tools, weapons and information of our race. Good things all, of course, and while I may not have much head for the work of a merchant I admire your people's cunning in that art." came the smooth assurance. Flicking a small piece of fruit into her mouth she considered the junior agent's offer, at last jumping to her feet and extending a hand to Subito, waiting only a second before dragging him to his feet, kissing him on the cheek, breaking away with her now grating tinkling laugh before dragging the boy over to the cage holding the still-whimpering Afanc, releasing the complex locks with a wave of her and a single syllable.

Turning to Blodeuwedd she said grandly "Well child, I accept your gracious offer. I have no wish to remove someone who gives such fine service to you, and I shall be very surprised if he doesn't find something good down there!" she winked at the young woman, patting Subito on the back and calling down to the Afanc "Ho, lake creature of many scales! Bear this young boy down into the lake wherever he wills, and carry whatever he wishes back up. Do not disobey his least command, or you will lean how strong my hand has become." she said, eyes narrowed at the beast. Smiling beneficently at the stocky teen, she helped him down onto the Afanc's back, the animal cowering and wide-eyed in terror, thanking the Queen profusely before surging down into the depths of the lake. As the last of the ripples of its passage faded, the Queen went back to her seat, taking another piece of fruit and tossing it over to Blodeuwedd. Biting with vigor into the apple she asked around it "Tell me agent...Blodeuwedd, isn't it? What sort of use do you think such an artefact should be put to? Conquest? Peace and plenty? A union between kingdoms?"

Down below, the Llyn was lit up with a bizarre play of glinting lights flickering in the depths, and all around him Heraldo could hear the sounds of fish and other animals. When the barge was a distant sight, its voice rumbled cautiously "Tell me, where do you wish to go? I assume you want to scrape up that old pot, bring it out of my grasp?" it all but snarled, though it still sounded cowed.

Just before Subito was forced onto the creature’s back Blodeuwedd had a chance to whisper into his ear.

“I’m going to try and keep the Queen occupied, you’ve got to try and somehow free the Afanc from her power. And sorry about this.â€

With that she gave the Subito and full and apparently quite passionate kiss, all just for show of cause…

As the pair were sent into the water Blodeuwedd seemed to watch impassionedly, but what she was doing was centring herself. If she concentrated she could feel the presence of Dyrnwyn, thanks to the magic of being between world. It would only take the slightest of efforts and see could bring the sword into her grasp.

“The Kindgom already has a Queen.†She replied almost absentmindedly “What is it that you really desire?â€

Subito kept as calm as he could while the Queen gaily agreed with Cerys' and yanked him neatly out of his chair. He had a part to play in her plan, he was sure, and 'After all' he thought 'she wouldn't send me down there if she didn't think I'd come back! Indeed.' Glancing pityingly at the Afanc, the boy smiled and politely began "Don't worry y-ah!" he was suddenly cut off as their hostess placed a kiss on his cheek, and he forced himself not to glower at the faerie Queen, instead continuing "Thank you your majesty. I will find what lies down there, and bring it to you safely." and making a short bow.

He turned to climb down onto the lake creature's back, flustered and angry at the frequent and deeply unsettling affection the Queen seemed to have for him, when he heard Blodeuwedd's footstep and heartbeat draw nearer, and was only slightly surprised to hear her voice as she whispered to him. He shivered a bit at the feel of her breath on his cheek all the same, his heart accelerating as she murmured

“I’m going to try and keep the Queen occupied, you’ve got to try and somehow free the Afanc from her power. And sorry about this.â€

The well-built boy smiled and stood up for a moment to reply, only to suddenly find her arms swung around him and her mouth pressed against his, his protest lost in an unintelligible "Mmrmmm..." as he cautiously held Cerys' body against his, his pounding heart leaping into his throat as he struggled to keep up to Blodeuwedd's standard of stage-kisses. As they separated Subito stared at Cerys with a downright bashful look, hastily turning away with a blushing "I...you don't need to apologize Blodeu, it..s'okay if you do that, you're really good..." he turned dark crimson as he briefly stammered "I mean-uh..bye!" before he grinned as widely as he could and waved a hasty farewell to the agents, then tossed himself onto the Afanc's back and was soon lost in the Llyn, struggling to get the memory of the last few seconds out of his mind as he wiped her taste off his lips, quickly lost in the questions of what was going on.

Looking down at the Afanc when it spoke, he replied "I don't want your cauldron, but I don't want the Queen to have it either. She'd do crazy things if she got her claws on it, I bet." scratching it behind the ears he suggested "How about this: you help me get that pot out of the lake, and I can promise the Order will keep the Queen from enslaving you ever again." he smiled grimly, an odd look on his cheerful face "They have to be kinder than that wacko Twylyth Teg are to you." he looked at its large eyes "Whaddaya say?" 'Oh Madre, I had no idea she was that...lithe. Like supple- Ahem?Gah! Stop reading my mind! Dream on, Herald. Clean thoughts from hereon out You're enjoying this, aren't you? Aren't you?! As you would say 'tee-hee-hee!''

GM

The monster of the Llyn Brenig turned its head a little to watch its passenger's face, massive eyes coldly peering into those of its cargo as it weighed and considered the words. Seeming to come to a decision it turned back to the gloomy, if well-lit and surprisingly warm, journey. With a croaking groan it replied slowly, and with care "I trust neither the Order, or the Twylyth Teg. The humans have hunted and slain my kind when we grew noxious to them, and the Fey are ever-changing. They were once friends of my race..." it muttered gloomily, swimming on in silence for a while. Before the urge to speak and break it became unbearable it added simply "But yes. I will do as you ask. The shards are buried far from the palace, where the Queen can never find it. Do not fall off." It added with what could only have been a smirk as the pair sped down and soon found themselves among a pile of massive bones, a skull taller than Subito's torso lying partially submerged among the mud. In the chasm of his ribs a faint smoke emanated from a pile of lake mud and rocks. Setting down among the giant's grinning corpse, the Afanc whispered a prayer, massive eyes swiveling around at the lake in fear. Motioning for the human to follow its lead, it began to dig, soon uncovering a small shard of glossy black iron. It grinned at the boy "We shall have a great prize. Dig, youth!"

The Queen smiled cat-like at Blodeuwedd's question, answering immediately "To last, of course! Our kind is ever-changing, after all, and what stands strong today may yet fall the next. With the artefact I could outlive all the petty arguments that have riven my kind, I could lead us all into a new and glorious age..." she sighed happily "Perhaps even find some way to join our two worlds. Tell me human," she asked Blodeuwedd while abruptly leaning forward, resting her chin on her hand with enough force that it paled the already snow-white skin "What would your people think of a..union, between our worlds? We have had goodly trade before, and much that is strong was built by our joined hands." she added a hopeful and crafty glint in one eye.

She had to fight all her upbringing to not snap back at the Queen, the idea of joining the two worlds was against everything she was bought up to believe. But now was not the time, all she had to do was delay the Queen until everyone was in the right place. Talking of which.

“Times have change and we humans are a stubborn bunch, it might take time and diplomacy until we can achieve that dream.†She gestured at the agents behind her, acting as though it was an afterthought “Do we really still need them around? They might still interrupt your plans, and releasing them will show the Order you a merciful and caring leader. With my help you might be able to talk them round to your cause.â€

GM

"Of course. I am a gracious and kindly ruler, after all. Guards!" The Queen tossed her jeweled shoes into the lake, snapping her toes as three of the armored Fey stepped forward and released a small boat from the side of the barge, escorting Nisien and Cigfa into it with great ceremony and stature.

As she passed by the younger agent, Cigfa's fingers flickered Nisien thinks it will take Dyrnwyn four more minutes to arrive. I believe he is underestimating. Use discretion. Aloud she said "I hope you have a good time, Blodeuwedd. Keep an eye out for sunlight on the stern, it can shine in your eyes most dreadfully." with that and a tight smile, the five soon disappeared into the mist hanging over the lake.

"Oh indeed it will take some doing. But i am patient, and water wears down the mightiest rock. Who do you think would be most willing to talk?" she asked mildly.

Peering into Llyn Brenig's sparkling gloom, Subito took a moment to figure out just where exactly the lake creature wanted him to start digging. Once he located the surprisingly quick-moving paws of the beast, however, he gladly set to work.

Drifting down from its armored back, the powerfully-built teen tugged away small rocks and the clinging, slimy mud that had settled among the ribs that soared overhead, casting long shadows over their work. His hair drifted and waved in the dark water as he worked, and bubbles streamed from his mouth at regular intervals, his power to breath water unaided meaning that the full force of the oxygen around him coursed through his arms and legs.

The rocks were much easier for him to pull and struggle aside than they would have been on land, but the work was slow all the same for him. Grumbling as a stray rock left a shallow cut on his hand, he turned abruptly to the Afanc "Hey, you said they-those faeries, they used to be your friends? Yeah," he said darkly, the words distorted by the liquid around him "That Queen and her people don't seem like they stay friends with anyone for long. Hope we can get these shards up to that barge before she springs some kinda trap. Why did Her Worshipfullness do that to ya, by the way?" he had turned to look curiously into the bottomless black eyes of the lake monster, compassion fighting with the instinctive distaste and fear of something so inhuman as it.

So far it all seemed pretty straight-forward: the Queen had learned about this random cauldron which could raise the dead, and discovering that an Afanc had grown fond of it enchanted the monster so it would cause havoc and make such a fuss it would get the Order's attention. But still, something was strange about the whole thing ''Sides the fact that I'm talkin' to a mythical Welsh animal while digging for pieces of a magic pot hidden in a giant skeleton, of course.'

Suddenly, he missed the Blue Dame. The collar around his neck was all the more hateful.

• 2 weeks later...

So all she had to do was distract the Queen for around five minutes. It seem simple enough, she seemed enamored with the persona Blodeuwedd was projecting. But the Fae were mercurial creatures and were quick to change on a simple whim.

“Well I’m no PR expert, there people who deal with other public image. But the entertainment industry television and cinema seemed to have the most in common with your ideas.â€

And built on illusions and lies, which summed up the Queen nicely.

She had to concentrate to keep her body language friendly, it didn’t help that the Queen reminded her of some of the Queen bee’s (in a school sense not literally) at Claremont’s.

GM

With a deft flick of its tail the Afanc tossed the metal shards into a bag, shoveling those that flowed away from his target into the canvas sack. With a faint growl it looked at Subito curiously "I was asked to drive humans from the shores, something I would have done anyway to keep you from this." it stroked a stray shard with its claw, a piece that seemed to hold half of a graven pig's head "They eased my passage to your world, where the water is thicker and fish are sweeter. Where I can be as strong as I once was." It glared at Subito then turned back with a swish of its tail to the barge above, setting off with the bag clenched in its teeth.

As the lake creature and his cargo swam to the surface, a distant thing could be seen, racing towards the same destination and trailing a faint white fire that burned away the water around it.

"The entertainment of mortals? How exciting! We could weave spells again to delight your race, bring you beauty that none have seen since the last age!" the Queen looked like she was about to start talking some more, only for the Afanc and Subito to burst to the surface, the bag streaming mud and bright water. With a cry of joy that was nearly a squeal, the royal Fey leaped to her feet, hauling up the bag herself with surprising ease, spilling its metal contents onto the deck and falling to her knees among the broken treasure, silent and transported with joy. "At last!" she cried, hugging some of the iron shards to herself, only to suddenly turn graciously to the pair of humans "And now, guards, if you will kindly prepare the boats, my guests and I can prepare for the lakeshore celebration! I of course must speak a little more with this adorable one." she smiled beatifically at Blodeuwedd, in the same way all too many smiled, the 'I have you now' smile. Going back to her throne in a suddenly spotless dress she added to Subito "Little boy, sit on my table and tell me where you dragged this wonder from."

Blodeuwedd very suddenly sensed Dyrnwyn. It was close, hardly ten feet away and would be there in under a minute.

Blodeuwedd had to keep her nerve and not reveal just how wrong the Queen was in her assertion. Then again there was so many possible way’s for thing wrong that Blodeuwedd could be the deluded about its success. The plan was relying one far too many factor than Blodeuwedd really like, but as she doing things on the fly there wasn’t much she could do.

At least the final part relied on her trusty Dyrnwyn, something she could control and rely on.

“It looks like things are reaching their conclusion, let’s all go see what the future has in store for your Majesty.â€

"From the lakebed, your Highness" Subito answered politely, taking off his shirt and wringing it out over the side of the boat. He glanced at Blodeuwedd and marveled again at how amazingly calm she was.

Sitting cross-legged on the elegant table he faced the Queen and wracked his brain for the most poetical way to describe his trip, plastering a huge grin on his face as he was that thrilled at what he had seen.

"The bones of a giant stretched above us, Lady, like the arches of a cathedral! The mud sucked at the iron, but we proved stronger than it's cold grip..."

GM

It took some spinning out, but just as the Queen was starting to suggest Subito hurry up his story, dropping hints like "Ah yes, such is the beauty of my realm, let us pass over its glory and come to what it held, yes?" or "Thy digging took less than the telling!" there was a sudden hiss of steam as a trim broadsword wreathed in blue flames sprang out of the water and over the deck, embedding itself point-first into the table before Blodeuwedd!

The sudden appearance of Dyrnwyn promptly caused a panic among the Fey, though they only showed it by a collective cry of surprise and horror before abruptly stilling. Staring at the weapon, the Queen got very slowly to her feet and walked sideways, until the breadth of the table was between herself and it. With a voice and demeanour utterly composed, she asked the young agent politely and with a chilled smile "What, pray, drove ye to bring weapons to our peaceful meeting? I intended harm to none around here, and have raised the hand of war against no neighbour."

As she spoke, the heavily armored guards were creeping gradually closer.