Watchmen: The Movie

cosmicarus

Heritage, I think you hit the nail directly on the proverbial head. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was an atrocity that, if the filmmakers actually payed attention to the source, could have been an entertaining movie and still retained Moore's exploration of Victorian speculative fiction. I keep forgetting the point that text, comics and film are disparate mediums with their own language, conventions and boundaries.

And at least Uwe Boll isn't directing it.

Or Woody Allen.

Wait . . . I might actually watch that. :D

So I guess Night Owl would be the one token character who talks exactly like Woody, despite being played by another actor. ;)

"When I was a kid back in Rockaway, I had one of those Sally Jupiter Havana bibles; I had to hide it from my crazy Aunt Ruthie whenever she had one of her cleaning attacks." :geek:

Or Woody Allen.

Wait . . . I might actually watch that. :D

So I guess Night Owl would be the one token character who talks exactly like Woody, despite being played by another actor. ;)

"When I was a kid back in Rockaway, I had one of those Sally Jupiter Havana bibles; I had to hide it from my crazy Aunt Ruthie whenever she had one of her cleaning attacks." :geek:

Watchmen. Prepare for crying.

Rorschach looks like the costume designer refused to go retro, or Cgi with the mask.

Ozy is just.....how do you screw up the most effective costume in comics history? It was literally the simplest thing they could have made. Instead, we have...what is that? A superman homage? I don't know. I expect him to be the biggest letdown of all.

I can't help but notice there are no Doctor Manhattan pics yet. Not a good sign.

If Snyder can find some conservative propaganda in Moore's works to be jingoistic with, I will be very, very impressed.

That all said, I have waited a looooooong time for this, children. I buried my expectations ten years ago, along with Wild Cards and Black Panther.

Why does the Comedian's costume look like the best of the group? Does anyone else find this hurtful?