Spectacular Spider-Man (Episode 2 added)

I'm not thrilled on the opening song/credits. That's one of my only two criticisms.

Seems to be taking place 4 months after Parker got bit (at Connor's lab). While he's been active as Spidey, he's been something of an urban legend, with folks not really knowing if he exists or not (and one cop saying he's not really doing much good since most of the crooks he captures walk). He, Harry Osborn & Gwen Stacey are all close friends at high school, while Parker's other friend, Eddie Brock, has moved on to college (and works with Connors as an intern). No sign of MJ yet.

And, yes, Spidey does banter. A lot.

First ep had Spidey catching two jewelry store crooks, one identified as Flint Marko and the other unnamed. (Marko will become Sandmna, and I predict the unnamed crook will become Rhino.) Later, an unseen crime-boss -- presumably Kingpin, though Wikipedia says it's Frederick Foswell/Big Man; voiced by the awesome Keith David -- hires the Enforcers to take care of Spidey. At the same time, Spidey had to deal with the Vulture, who was after Osborn b/c Osborn had based his flight system off of Toomes's own flight system, yet gave no credit.

(Disney's Gargoyles had a nice cameo at the very beginning, with Spidey swinging by Hudson and the Trio. Greg Weisman, creator of Gargoyles, is the producer for this show.)

Second ep introduced Electro, created in a lab accident at Connors' lab. He blamed Connor's for the accident and wanted him to cure him. At first he just wanted to be left alone and go home, but his uncontrolled discharges caused havoc; later he went and demanded Connor's cure him. In the fight a stray blast hit Connor's injector of his latest lizard formula, which I'm guessing is going to amp it up and be more' effective' than his other do-nothing lizard serums.

Also in this ep, Parker tries to get work at the Daily Bugle, and offers pics of Spider-Man, which no one has. Jameson kicks him out, then realizes photos of Spidey would help sell papers, so he offers a cash reward for whoever can bring in pics of Spidey.

And Parker tries to tutor painfully hip and popular Liz Allen (Flash Thompson's girl). She brushes him off at first, but changes her tune when he flat out tells her "look, you need this tutoring, not me; call me when you're ready to learn."

My other criticism? Connors is sporting a bionic arm to replace his lost one, though still also experimenting with lizard-based regeneration serums. IMO, giving him a bionic arm changes the character a fair amount. Sure, there could be "phantom limb" pains, and maybe it's not got as good a sense of touch as a real arm, and maybe people do stare at him for it, but for lil' kids watching, they're not going to be thinking about that, they'll be thinking "Cool robot arm!" and "why would he give that up?" If the writers felt he had to have some sort of prosthetic (since prosthetics are far more common than they were when the character was first created in 1963), then IMO they should've given him something more like the prosthetics we have available today, which, while restoring a fair deal of functionality, are still very, very crude.

I'm not thrilled on the opening song/credits. That's one of my only two criticisms.

Seems to be taking place 4 months after Parker got bit (at Connor's lab). While he's been active as Spidey, he's been something of an urban legend, with folks not really knowing if he exists or not (and one cop saying he's not really doing much good since most of the crooks he captures walk). He, Harry Osborn & Gwen Stacey are all close friends at high school, while Parker's other friend, Eddie Brock, has moved on to college (and works with Connors as an intern). No sign of MJ yet.

And, yes, Spidey does banter. A lot.

First ep had Spidey catching two jewelry store crooks, one identified as Flint Marko and the other unnamed. (Marko will become Sandmna, and I predict the unnamed crook will become Rhino.) Later, an unseen crime-boss -- presumably Kingpin, though Wikipedia says it's Frederick Foswell/Big Man; voiced by the awesome Keith David -- hires the Enforcers to take care of Spidey. At the same time, Spidey had to deal with the Vulture, who was after Osborn b/c Osborn had based his flight system off of Toomes's own flight system, yet gave no credit.

(Disney's Gargoyles had a nice cameo at the very beginning, with Spidey swinging by Hudson and the Trio. Greg Weisman, creator of Gargoyles, is the producer for this show.)

Second ep introduced Electro, created in a lab accident at Connors' lab. He blamed Connor's for the accident and wanted him to cure him. At first he just wanted to be left alone and go home, but his uncontrolled discharges caused havoc; later he went and demanded Connor's cure him. In the fight a stray blast hit Connor's injector of his latest lizard formula, which I'm guessing is going to amp it up and be more' effective' than his other do-nothing lizard serums.

Also in this ep, Parker tries to get work at the Daily Bugle, and offers pics of Spider-Man, which no one has. Jameson kicks him out, then realizes photos of Spidey would help sell papers, so he offers a cash reward for whoever can bring in pics of Spidey.

And Parker tries to tutor painfully hip and popular Liz Allen (Flash Thompson's girl). She brushes him off at first, but changes her tune when he flat out tells her "look, you need this tutoring, not me; call me when you're ready to learn."

My other criticism? Connors is sporting a bionic arm to replace his lost one, though still also experimenting with lizard-based regeneration serums. IMO, giving him a bionic arm changes the character a fair amount. Sure, there could be "phantom limb" pains, and maybe it's not got as good a sense of touch as a real arm, and maybe people do stare at him for it, but for lil' kids watching, they're not going to be thinking about that, they'll be thinking "Cool robot arm!" and "why would he give that up?" If the writers felt he had to have some sort of prosthetic (since prosthetics are far more common than they were when the character was first created in 1963), then IMO they should've given him something more like the prosthetics we have available today, which, while restoring a fair deal of functionality, are still very, very crude.