A Night on the Town (IC)

Thunder King

GM

August 29th, 2012

6:00 PM

It was getting later, with the sun hanging lower on the horizon, threatening to start sinking below soon. It was a warm day, one of the few left in Freedom City.

Still, it was a good day. One of the finest restaurants in Freedom City and Asad had a reservation months in advance. Of course, he had a date to said restaurant. He had the reservation before the date, but that was hardly difficult for him to arrange. When you're handsome, rich and charming, it's not hard to keep your date book full.

At the moment, it didn't feel so charming. The car was stuck in traffic. His beautiful, expensive car was just stuck. Ah, well, he hoped his date would understand.

At least, until he saw the idiot who was slowing traffic down, a big, strong thug with more muscles than brains...

He watched the big goon for a moment, and glanced around, as his sounded. Then he picked up his smartphone. "Hello? Bianca? There is a slight problem, if you check the news right now, looks like some sort of supervillain is blocking eastbound traffic. I don't know how long I will be, I may have to actually fight him.... Hm. I will try to make it quick, if it takes too long, I will take you to Paris." After a few moments, he hung up, and made a face, the woman was understanding sort of, as he was a feather to her cap, but that he did feel genuinely guilty about this and could convey such. And with a sigh, he got out of his car, and the leaped into the air, making his way towards the trouble make.

Putting himself into full view, he slowly landed near the big guy, and folded his arms across his chest, standing there is his expensive, tailored suit. "So, how can I convince you to stop this. I have a date, and I would prefer that we could reach some sort of peaceable agreement to end this. That's okay, right?" His eyebrows lifted and he immediately was amicable and smiling, making his tone and posture non-threatening. Despite his reputation as a bit of a fop, his prowess is social settings made him positively devastating. Here he was trying to employ it to stop a fight from happening. A habit that got noted by certain publications, and that made them accusing him even more of being a dilettante. Right now he was just hoping he could resolve this faster with words, and possible with significantly less collateral damage that a big goon like this could cause.

GM

The man stood at over six feet tall, broad shouldered and muscular. He gave Asad a bit of a confused look, as if the man's sudden arrival was confusing and odd to him.

He turned to a nearby empty car and, with a mighty swing, caved the top of the car in. He wasn't aggressive to Asad, apparently, but that didn't mean he was in a better mood.

He ignored Asad, but wasn't in the mood to stop his angry rampage. He reached down and grabbed the bottom of the car. Then, with a mighty heave, flipped the machine onto it's back. Luckily, no one was inside it, because then he reached down and caved the car in, sending pieces of machinery everywhere.

He sighed, and moved towards the man, circling around him to put himself back in his field of view and so as not to startle him. "Hey... big guy, it seems you are, and I can assure you that there are better ways, more constructive ways, to express that anger than causing a traffic jam and a scene in Midtown. So how about you and I have a talk about this, maybe I buy you a drink or two. I can get this sorted out for you. There is no needed to this, I mean you are kind of ruining someone elses' day by pancaking their car. Would you like that to happen to you? I can help, just give me a chance."

Asad kept his tone even, his hands held up and out, as he slowly closed the distance between them. Watching the man carefully gauging his mood, try to find anything there to seize upon, to see something in the brute's reaction to his words. Though he was expecting the inevitable blow. Fortunately, recently events made him less likely to flinch, and he had been enough times in his relatively short superhero career to know what an angry swipe from a massive paw like that felt like.

GM

The man turned towards Asad. It was immediately evident...the man wasn't just attacking at random, there was a reason. Unfortunately for Asad, he wasn't in the mood to talk. Instead, he ignored him and kept rampaging. This time, he threw pieces of one car at another, caving in the side. Then he kicked that car until it's side crumpled like aluminum.

The six and a half foot giant didn't think Asad was a threat, but he didn't seem inclined to listen, either.

Frowning shaking his head. Ah... this is going to be not fun. A long sigh escaping him. And then he rose into the air and landed in front of him. "I really didn't want this to be the scenario that plays out, but stop. Now. This doesn't have to escalate further." Holding one hand up to him. Asad was not an imposing figure, as Amir al-Misri was known as a smiling face, and not someone who could glower down a big monster. Rather he seemed resigned, and on a night like this, it made sense. It wasn't as if he expected tonight to play out to some magical evening and finding his soulmate, he wasn't so silly. However due to his recent absence he needed to get back to some semblance of his normalcy. And it seemed that what was had be re-evaluated. "But I can't let you continue this, you will hurt others. And I will not countenance that." Looking at the brute dead in the eyes, and not pulling back in the slightest.

GM

He seemed to consider what Asad had to say. For a moment, he stopped his rampage to glance at the other man. For but a moment, it looked like things might end peacefully.

Unfortunately, the large man did not give Asad a chance for a peaceful resolution. Instead, he turned around and slammed his fist into the side of Asad's face. Despite Asad's incredible resilience, the blow struck hard enough to send Asad staggering back a few steps. The sheer sound of the blow audible even to the other drivers, who now seemed to be watching the show.

The blow did knock him back, but there was no resounding clap or shockwave, as he responded to the excess force, it didn't shed away, even as it impact blurred his vision. It was something he hated, a lot. That he had to get hit first. But that's fine, that's all good. Two can do that that. And he closed the distance between him and with with a leap and an overhead swing of his arm, for a hard punch. "Not bad, not the first guy who's hit me! And I can fight back a lot more than a car!" It was a wild sweep that he hadn't really readied for, but the big guy didn't look like a guy who normally dodged a lot of blows. Of course he didn't want to trade blows, but right now he had to do just that.

GM

The brute grimaced as the strike hit him...and then grinned. Unfortunately, Asad didn't quite muster enough power to hurt him, because he didn't seem to care. His right hand shot out fast, striking Asad in the stomach, causing the other man to stumble back a bit.

Whoever this guy was, he was as tough as impervium and as strong as a tank. He moved back to what he was doing, apparently assuming that he had discouraged Asad enough to make him back off.

And it truth that might be the case under normal circumstances, but not so much with Asad. Who often times applied the adage, if you're going to be dumb you might as well be tough. Certainly the blows impacted him, but he did not crumple under them like the cars had. But sagged from the blows, and he blinked back the blur, and he growled a little, clearly more than a little annoyed. So a different tact was going to be needed. "So you can swing, good, good. Funny, I got a few tricks, myself." And that kinetic energy that was thrumming through him, he let out from an outstretched hand, a blast of concussive force impacting the big guy squarely between his shoulders. "Round two big boy!"

GM

He felt that one, he stumbled forward a bit and growled as the blast struck him. He stumbled forward a bit, and then growled menacingly. He turned and charged at Asad, apparently no longer dismissing the other man. Unfortunately, in his blind rage, his swing went wild and missed Asad by a mile.

He stumbled forward a bit more, and looked confused. How had he missed a man so close to him? He seemed to say. He didn't look happy, not by a long shot.

Asad stepped back, unable to resist switching to irritating, his voice becoming cloying and taunting "Aw, sweetness did I hurt you?" Grinning broadly, as he let the man half turn with the wild swing, and then held up a hand and unleashed a blast right at his face. "Don't take it personal pumpkin, you are a one trick pony. Me? I am a thorough bred." He immediately took a step back after the blast hoping that the next swing was wild as well, and he could start to use his movement to his advantage. Hoping the guy couldn't fly.

GM

The brute growled and jumped into the air, slamming his fist into Asad's chest, causing the other man to push back a bit. Then he landed with a thud and stared up at his foe. Asad's aerial position was, apparently, making it hard to approach him. Still, Asad was already hurt, and the big guy was well on his way to hurting him some more.

And Asad, still facing the brute, rose back up quickly then, rocketing straight up and away. He was hurting, and he had to change how he was resolving this, or he was just going to get slowly ground down into nothing, fortunately one of them had range, and Asad had a whole lot of range. A whole heckuva lot of range.

GM

Readying himself for attack, the brute dropped a bit, ready to jump. Massive muscles like coiled steel springs tightened as he readied for his leap. He took off into the air like a shot, flying towards Asad.

Unfortunately for him, his trajectory was off. He leaped at Asad, ready to strike but passed him in the air, then missed the nearby building slightly, landing on the edge and rolling before falling on his face.

Asad did a barrel roll on that, to narrowly dodge the surging mass of the big guy, then righted himself, and sending out a blast of his own, though still off balance that the lance of kinetic force sailed over the big brutes head. So he yelled, "You SURE you don't want to talk to this out!?" Of course he didn't expect a positive answer, Brute looked liked the kind of guy who would take offense to actual discussion. But such was life, was it not?

GM

He shook his head and dragged himself to his feet, clearly not in the mood to play around. Apparently, falling on his face angered him even more somehow.

Meanwhile, a couple got out of their car and started taking pictures, trying to get a glimpse of the flying hero. Asad could barely see it from his height, but it was clear that a crowd was gathering. Some of them even seemed to recognize who he was; the fighting playboy Asad.

They began to murmur, slightly worried that Asad would lose the fight.

Now he was righted, and shutting away that he was being watched, so he unleashed another blast. This time he was in a port stable position, well as stable as possible while flying in the air with nothing seemingly holding it up. This time, though, he scored a hit directly on the big guy. Though it didn't mean he was particularly happy with being stared at by a large crowd. Maybe it was just that solid of a hit, of maybe he was trying harder, or maybe it was whatever that blasted mad scientist did to him, but that beam hit the brute hard in the chest. "You should know something biggie, no matter hard you hit me, I will get back up. And more importantly, I will HIT harder!" What Asad could not see was that all that power he absorbed was bleeding off as light, his eyes glowing white, matching the veins of glowing in pulses along his arms and encompassing his hands. Having absorbed impacts that would have tore a battleship in half had pushed his abilities, but it left him a surfeit of it to burn. And in the Brute, he had a target.

GM

The Brute struggled, staggered. He was dizzy. He leaped, hoping, perhaps, to strike again, but to no avail. He couldn't even manage the energy to attack, so he fell out of the sky and landed on his feet. He stumbled a few extra feet. That last blast apparently took a lot out of him, and he stumbled around trying to find a solid footing.

It was clear that it wouldn't take much more to take him out now.

Another blast came. This one hit hard as well. A lance of force striking the clearly punch drunk brute. "Yield." That was it, there was no fancy taunting or insults. He was angry because of the crowd gathering beneath, not for being watched, but because he knew the guy he was duking it out with didn't care about their safety, or he wouldn't have just been committing randoms acts violence, or seemingly random acts. He had no urge to really hurt the guy, but also wasn't going to baby him, and let him keep swinging until he was out. Asad was tough, but this guy was packing herculean strength that made his ribs hurt.

GM

He staggered forward a bit and looked up at Asad, as if to strike. He, however clearly thought better of it and simply sat down. It wasn't clear what he was doing, or why, but he had clearly stopped doing it. The large, mountain of a man just sat there, not moving, not getting up.

He was waiting to be captured, or arrested. As if that had been his intention. He didn't even seem bothered about the notion of being arrested. He just sat there calmly waiting.

He moved slowly through the air, not rushing towards the somewhat fallen Brute. One hand held up, and still pulsating with power, ready to knock him for a loop again. The other hand fished an earpiece out of a pocket on the inside of his jacket, and he put it in, activating it with a tap. "One for pick up, will hold until you arrive." He didn't need to add anything more, though he kept the small commlink on, in case. As the guy was too calm. "Just the one...? Is there anyone else who is going to introduce themselves to me?" Addressing the large man he had just fought.

GM

The man sat there, silent as a stone, simply waiting for pick up. He said nothing, nor did he move. He seemed to at least be aware of the implications of what he had done. Arrest, prison, all that. Yet he didn't seem to care. It was almost as if it didn't matter to him one way or the other. But why? Why didn't it matter? Why didn't he care? What was going on?

"They are just going to send you to Blackstone. The trial will be a formality at best, there is simply too much evidence. And likely you'll get stuck with power dampeners or something, and put into solitary. Unless there some other hole they can stick you." Folding his arms across his chest, and he frowned a little, not seeing or expecting the big guy to budge. "They'll offer some sort of commuting of the sentence or something like that for some cooperation. Some explanation as to why this happened. Or if that doesn't motivate you, then... you ruined my date and I really just want to know why. Are you..." His eyes narrowed, and tapped the commlink, dialing Ms. van Cleef, "Ana, I need you to check the police signals, something is up. I don't know what, but something up, either this guy is literal meat puppet, or he willingly made a loud distraction."

And then he turned back to the brute and he reached down, grasping the front of his shirt. "Tell me what is happening."