Never Count Your Money (IC)

Slowly Asad sighed and shrugged a little bit, letting his hands drop to his sides, and smiled softly. "A position of strength is only viable as long as long you don't convince the person you are talking with to cut their nose off to spite their face. Especially when that person is angry, and just want keep their perspective to go after the people who are ultimately responsible." His tone was pleasant, even affable. He was a good liar, a good speaker. She would have seen him on the television shows, saw how he disarmed pretty much everyone around him all the time. And there was moments, where it slipped, like today, and what was looking at her were shark eyes. The rise of his company was a testament to that. She knew there was steel in him.

"Come on, the police are in the building, so let's get you to somewhere and you can make your retreat. The future is not a concern yet." He moved to the door, and opened it. "My office, now."

“Well not in the building, more just arriving on scene. Problem is there having equipment issues, should take them long to work out where to go, what with the windows and all. You’re very good at the bluff and all Asad, but as all best playa know when to play a bluff, even with a strong hand.â€

The cover of boardrooms the main display slid open showing a view of the offices main server room. On the display was a man, his back to camera showing only his dreadlocked hair, and another Merge Trois. This time she was in one of the jumpsuits worn by the cleaning staff, though none of them used it to show quite as much cleavage. Her voice came out slightly tinny from the speaker.

“Let me introduce my ally Camera Obscura, he’s been running electronic interference whilst recovering the file. Talking of which I’ve seen an encrypted file to Ms Van Cleefs, a sign of faith; with enough tech you should be able to find the name. And a quick distraction for the police and he’s gone.†With that all the fire alarms and the sprinklers in the building, except the two rooms they were currently in, burst into life then the man just faded from view. “And I’ll meet you up in your office.†She gave a wry smile “After all I never said the me in the boardroom was the original model…â€

The chair in the boardroom swung around now devoid of its previous occupant.

To his credit he didn't show disappointment or that he had a master plan. He just accepted that he was in a corner, he just did not like it. Well... wonderful. It seemed just a little too easy. And he moved through the door of the room, and made his way back up to the stairs to his office, noting that he needed to beer up security or something to that equivalent. And then he rounded the corner his room, looking for her.

Merge was sat in one of the offices expensive couches holding a glass full of expensive scotch. She’d tied off the jumpsuit at the waist showing a very tight fitting tube top.

“You know for a Muslim man you have a very well stocked drinks cabinet. Not that I’m complaining, this is a very fine aged scotch.â€

She drained the scotch and stood up, throwing towards Asad his previously abandoned cell phone.

“You should be care with those; there are some unscrupulous people out there. Steal anything these days." She gave a cheeky smile.

“One tiny change in the plan, oh don’t worry the deal still stands. I’ll make my own way out I need you to transport Camera Obsura. Seems Mr Grey left us to our fates when he got what he wanted. Can’t trust anyone these days.â€

"What can I say? I am a modern Muslim."

Catching the phone, he put it into the cargo pocket on his pants, and buttoned it closed. His mouth quirked a bit at the change in plans, and he looked to the man then. She was grinning like a cat that caught the canary, and relying on his own values to prevent him from hurting her. It annoyed him, but still he kept himself in focus, putting this into perspective.

"Give me the drive, and I will take your man."

“Your cell has the decryption key for the message from Ms Van Cleefs phone. It’s an exclusive app. I can only provide the name of the files I was hired to help find, I don’t know what they were after.†Her face hardened for a minute “And I plan to find out, I don’t like being betrayed and abandoned. It may surprise you but some of us have a code of honor.†She crossed her arm and gave him a stern look “So you have everything you need now. Let’s hope you also have a code of honor.â€

She spoke quietly to the air nearby and with a slight blur Camera Obsura appeared. He was masked but the deadlocked man bore a passing resemblance to Merge herself. The way she acted around him suggested she cared for the man. He seemed oblivious to the world, not focusing on either of them.

He regarded her for a moment, and then nodded. "Come on." And he put his hands under the man's arms, wrapping them around his chest, before he rose into the air. "I am the C.E.O. of a multi billion-dollar multi-national. Do you really want to ponder whether I have a code of honor?" And with that he took off, carrying the man as he raced through the air, heading towards the river, and then landing onto building with a fire-escape, and landing he let go of the guy.

"I am certain you are nice, and don't take this the wrong way, but I never want to see you again." And with that he surged back up into the air once more, clicking on his commlink to get a hold of Ms. Van Cleef's other phone.

Ms Van Cleef answered with her normal controlled manner “That crazy woman’s gone from your office. I’ve alerted security but she hasn’t apparently left through any of the exits. I’m just about to deal with the police now, before calling in someone to deal with the damage. Oh and this mad woman ask me to pass send on a message, I’m doing it now.â€

As the message came in Asad’s cell begun to play a little tune, some modern pop song. On screen was a cute cartoon Merge. Clicking on the app bought up the number and the owner of the client file Merge had claimed to have stolen, in a cute little speech bubble. The file was from a Portfolio he’d set up a couple of years ago, the name of the owner gave him a pause it was Angela Milan.

Landing on a ledge in front of a rooftop, he opened his phone to see what was sent, and he sighed, softly. His free hand pinching at the bridge of his nose. "They were hired by Angela. It was a distraction. I am going to see what I can do about this." And then started the calls as he tried to get a hold of some people who would have any idea where Madame Marvelous(!). This day just got longer.