College Visit [OOC]

Seren

Well, here's the thread...

If you're taking the same route (I used the Freedom City map), you might have passed them on the way.

They got to the parking lot with about five minutes until Orientation or the tour begins, depending what you guys want - I wasn't completely sure how far to get, but figured this would be the earliest we'd have any major interaction.

Well, here's the thread...

If you're taking the same route (I used the Freedom City map), you might have passed them on the way.

They got to the parking lot with about five minutes until Orientation or the tour begins, depending what you guys want - I wasn't completely sure how far to get, but figured this would be the earliest we'd have any major interaction.

Things not obvious, but that may be helpful (after my post)-

They ended up getting into the same area as Megan, so unless she was 'distracted' by something (like, oh I don't know, the orientation), she probably saw them slide in.

Figuring that it would work best with us in the same group, Kevin is in charge of the section with Megan and Oliver in it - although that section ends at Oliver, meaning that his friends will be in another group. I figure it'll make it a bit more interesting (plus it's usually easier thinking in one mind than three).

Things not obvious, but that may be helpful (after my post)-

They ended up getting into the same area as Megan, so unless she was 'distracted' by something (like, oh I don't know, the orientation), she probably saw them slide in.

Figuring that it would work best with us in the same group, Kevin is in charge of the section with Megan and Oliver in it - although that section ends at Oliver, meaning that his friends will be in another group. I figure it'll make it a bit more interesting (plus it's usually easier thinking in one mind than three).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about taking so long, I thought I had checked Thursday and didn't see a response from Heridfel... then school and family decided to both pile on... Should be back down to normal now, though.

But yes, I had to do the backpack line :P :lol:

Did you two want me to introduce the drama/villain here, or did Seren intend to do that? While I applaud the somewhat bored reactions that you two high-schoolers have to the school tour as very appropriate and in-character, it's not too much fun for me to be boring you guys, IC or OOC. :)

No problem, Folkert. Maybe another time. :)

As for your question, Herid, I was also thinking about when to switch from basic tour to the 'main' story.

Obviously not too early, but we don't want to stretch on if none of us are having fun. I also assume we'll need another mod when we get to it.

So, my thought is maybe another 2 posts each, bringing us to page 3 - for example, in the dorm to heading to the food court followed by in the food court/getting food.

Then the trouble starts. That way we can get a mod ready as we finish up the 'player-run' thread type and get ready for the mod. Although some hints could probably be thrown in early...

But yeah, feel free to start introductions of the drama/villain. In fact, we could have a couple thugs show up to get the group to a holding cell (or whatever you want to call it) - maybe three, using their basic stats. Then we need to take the three down without changing into costume and are able to change as the group escapes.

I thought I'd put this up and see what you two think about it.

I am fine with going on a bit longer, or just moving us on ahead.

As for thugs showing up to put us in holding cells, not sure how that would really work. First, wouldn't they need to put everyone in the campus in a holding cell? Something that seems unlikely. And Second, how would there be a holding cell on campus? (or do you just mean put us in a classroom or something?).

I think it might be more realisitic to just have the bad guys show up and start causing havoc, going after whatever they are after, and people just scatter in panic. That's just my thought.

As for thugs showing up to put us in holding cells, not sure how that would really work. First, wouldn't they need to put everyone in the campus in a holding cell? Something that seems unlikely. And Second, how would there be a holding cell on campus? (or do you just mean put us in a classroom or something?).

I think it might be more realisitic to just have the bad guys show up and start causing havoc, going after whatever they are after, and people just scatter in panic. That's just my thought.

Good points... I was meaning classrooms or other rooms around the campus - basically just areas that they could hold a large amount of people hostage without needing too large an amount of guards.

So, it's not so much the whole campus being taken, but enough to make him seem serious and us having good/bad luck. There could easily be the panicked scattering - which would serve quite a few purposes (realistic, distraction to change, another concern for the heroes - protecting the other students while stopping the attackers).

That said, they'll have some slight advantages - the thugs are the 'science geeks' at the college, but stronger and a bit duller. So, while we probably won't recognize them, Kevin would have a decent chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin doesn't really see anything out of the ordinary, it looks to be the usual college campus scene; he thinks he recognizes some of the students, maybe from a dimly-remembered science class, but he thought one or two of them had already graduated.

Oliver notices that despite their seemingly relaxed and casual attitude, the young men are all wearing baseball caps, sunglasses or both, and are actually looking around quite a lot, unobtrusively checking out the scene.

Megan sees all that Oliver sees, but also notes they are all toting identical black backpacks, cheap, tacky and seemingly brand new.

• 3 weeks later...