Spanner in the Works (IC)

GM

The armored figured laughed as the helmet dispersed and gestured in the direction of the sound. "There's nothing on this tub other than what I'm wearing that could even stop begin to slow down the weapons on that heli. My men are down to a mere skeleton crew." He fished around for something along his waist, drawing out a dog-legged cigarette that he lit and brought to his lips. "The final issue is that I sink like a millstone in water, so there is little I could do to help. I could close small holes, yes. But what those missiles will do to the hull would require a dry dock and overnight work for me to make a seaworthy patch." Sabot sat down and leaned his head against the bulkhead. "Plus, Miss Socialite thought ahead and that bird has nary a wisp of metal in it. I couldn't bring it down if I wanted." He exhaled some smoke. "So the the two of you might want to worry more about it than me at this point."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slapping a palm across her eyes before dragging it down her face, not even trying to be subtle about her reaction to his defeatist self-pity, she groaned before snapping, "I guess you listened to all of nothing of what I just said." She reached forward, grabbing his shoulders and leaving small hand-shaped dents when she let him go, "I didn't see any life boats so, start making them! Get everyone off this boat you clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junk!"

Glancing over at her teammate she sighed, "Myr, I don't suppose you've worked out the kinks on your recreation of the M920-Cain."

Sabot had an amused smirk as she shook him like a bobblehead. "Okay, Okay. I'll get an evac plan working, Miss angry alliteration." He slowly got to his feet after Wisp let go and took a radio from his belt. "Men this is Sabot, do a head count and meet me at the forecastle hangar. Our mutual benefactor has decided that we are no longer cost effective. Nobody left behind, understand gentlemen?" The radio crackled with responses of 'Yes, Sirs and Copy that's.'

He looked from Wisp to Myrmidon and back again. "Now then, I'm going to hobble in that general direction." Sabot gestured and proceed towards the front of the vessel, his clanking steps gradually fading as he left the two heroes behind."

<< That is a negative. In any case I am restricted from creating weapons with fissile - Spike Launch! Evading! >> Myr barked out suddenly and engaged his afterburners while trailing chaff that rained down like metallic snow. He rocketed skyward, the cause readily apparent as an air-to-air missile screamed after the rapidly ascending hero.