College Visit

Seren

The boy giving Kevin the heebie-jeebies reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a 9mm pistol and grins even wider; when his two companions notice he's drawn his weapon, they look startled and draw their's as well, but they are holding their weapons much more awkwardly than the first. The sight of three students with drawn pistols does not surprisingly cause Kevin's entire group to instantly freak out and make a mad rush back towards the entrance, screaming "They've got guns!" in blind panic. :o

Kevin groans loudly, "Fat chance they're coming to the school now." He's already beginning to move toward the guys with guns. If he can drop their leader, it looks like the other two might just give up. That, or they might choose to riddle him with bullets. Either way, he doesn't want to allow for a massacre at his school.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity clearly sees the bullets leaving both barrels; she easily dodges first one and then the other, doing little more than standing aside as the bullets slowly streak pass and bury themselves in the opposite wall. The three boys do not look very happy :shock: :(

- - - -

"Good morning, boys. Something I can help you with?"

The two normal-sized boys see Blaster, and look rather panicky; in fact they both pull out pistols from their backpacks and point them at the young super, but the larger boy just grins and says into the phone, "Something came up; I'll call you right back." There's a frenzied squawking from the other end just before he closes the phone, drops it in his pocket and spreads his hands wide in welcome.

"What do we have here? A Johnny Longjohns I've never even heard of! What's your name, sport?"

He motions for the other boys to lower their weapons, and they slowly point them at the tile floor.

- - - -

Mr. Red Eyes cocks the hammer of his gun and levels it right at Kevin's head, focused as a laser. "Not an inch closer, or you'll be the first; the first of many." His voice is nasal and breathy; if he wasn't holding a gun, no one would even listen to him. The other two boys do the same, though the barrels of their guns wobble a little bit.

Mr. Red Eyes cocks the hammer of his gun and levels it right at Kevin's head, focused as a laser. "Not an inch closer, or you'll be the first; the first of many." His voice is nasal and breathy; if he wasn't holding a gun, no one would even listen to him. The other two boys do the same, though the barrels of their guns wobble a little bit.

Kevin stops walking forward and raises his hands. Maybe he could have rushed the guy, but trusting his football reflexes against a gun at point-blank range is more dangerous than he wants. It's better to stall them and make sure that the other students and visitors can get out of range. If he gets distracted, then maybe he'll make a move.

"Easy man. Easy. Look, I don't know why you've got a gun, but think about it. What are you going to get out of shooting a bunch of people?" he asks. His voice is calm for someone with a gun pointed at his head, and the Texas twang makes him sound empathetic, rather than someone trying to talk his way out of being shot. It's almost disconcerting.

Oliver's eyes narrow behind the visor. Sport?

Still a little shaken from the guns being drawn, Blue Blaster lands, trying to keep his 'hero face' on. At the same time, he knew he was obviously a bit smaller, if not younger.

"You know how some of us have a somewhat random name, or sometimes use a pun? Well, me, I went with something fairly straightforward so that anyone could pick up on it on sight. I go by Blue," Blue Blaster motioned to his suit, in shades of blue, from bottom to top. As his hands pass above his shoulder, the hero slowly switches his blaster into his hand and holds it up. "Blaster."

Letting a small grin spread on his own face, Blue Blaster glances at the two nervous boys behind the big guy. Back to watching the talker's moves, Blue Blaster talks to them. "Now, if you'll put the guns down or even into the backpacks, I'll take them in and let you walk away without issue. Or, we continue on the hard path, and I take you in with your guns."

• 2 weeks later...

“You just had to go a ruin a perfectly slow, rainy day.†Velocity commented as she sped towards the first of the gun men, swinging her fist out at the base of his jaw with a blur of motion.

In a flash, the beautiful speedster's fist darts around like a hummingbird, seemingly in all places at once; the young toughs prove to be anything but, and seconds later they tumble to the floor in a tidy heap at Velocity's feet.

- - - - -

"Easy man. Easy. Look, I don't know why you've got a gun, but think about it. What are you going to get out of shooting a bunch of people?" he asks. His voice is calm for someone with a gun pointed at his head, and the Texas twang makes him sound empathetic, rather than someone trying to talk his way out of being shot. It's almost disconcerting.

Mr. Red Eyes looks at Kevin incredulously, as though he was speaking a foreign language.

"Immortality." He shakes his head and chuckles, and it is a hateful sound. "What else matters?"

Suddenly, the veins in his neck start throbbing, and it spreads up to his temples. "Boys, I think it's time we got our groove on." The others nod, and soon the same effect is visible on both of their faces as well. A thin stream of drool leaks out of the corner of Red Eye's mouth as his grin gets more and more feral. "Ain't it great to be alive?"

In a flash, their guns seemingly forgotten, the three boys leap at Kevin, the two previously hesitant boys attempting to pin his arms as their leader goes for his throat.

- - - - -

"You know how some of us have a somewhat random name, or sometimes use a pun? Well, me, I went with something fairly straightforward so that anyone could pick up on it on sight. I go by Blue," Blue Blaster motioned to his suit, in shades of blue, from bottom to top. As his hands pass above his shoulder, the hero slowly switches his blaster into his hand and holds it up. "Blaster."

Letting a small grin spread on his own face, Blue Blaster glances at the two nervous boys behind the big guy. Back to watching the talker's moves, Blue Blaster talks to them. "Now, if you'll put the guns down or even into the backpacks, I'll take them in and let you walk away without issue. Or, we continue on the hard path, and I take you in with your guns."

The two smaller boys look like their nerve is flagging, but the larger boy merely laughs. "I don't know about you, but I've always kinda preferred the hard path; Coach always said it builds character, and he was right. Coach was always right."

One of the other boys is starting to visibly sweat. "Dude, he's a super. We can't take on supers, dude; we're not strong enough yet."

The big guy turns and spits. "Shut up, Connor; maybe you're not, but I sure as hell am."

He drops his backpack to the ground and motions for Blaster to approach him. "C'mon on now, sport; let's see what you're made of under that blue leotard."

Kevin's momentary fear as the boys rush at him passes as he realizes that they've ignored their guns. That was their greatest advantage against him. Now, they're fighting on his terms.

He lets one of the two lackeys grab onto his arm, then grabs the other one's shoulder. As the leader comes up to tackle him, he pushes off the two boys' shoulders and gives the leader a solid two-footed kick in the gut, knocking him back. He couldn't grab a hold of Kevin after that. The one who grabbed onto him loses his grip as they land, and Kevin smiles as he steps toward the leader, seeking to unnerve him further.

He then reaches out for the gun that the leader is still presumably holding. If he can get the gun from him, then he might not want his lackeys to start firing at Kevin. He might get hit himself, and Kevin can tell that the boy's a coward at heart.

Velocity looked at the now unconscious young men. Is this really going to be this easy? She thought to herself, but was not about to believe that it would be so. A split second later, she was off, quickly searching for something to tie the three up with before she would head off to look for more of the groups.

"See now, I've found it's more the person on the path that builds character. Not the path itself." Blue Blaster moves back a bit and just slightly into the air, bringing himself to appear barely taller than the larger boy. Something doesn't feel quite right here. If they need weapons for this, why's he unarmed?

"As for you two, I suggest going now, without the guns. In fact, maybe get someone to clean up after we're done."

• 2 weeks later...

Velocity looked at the now unconscious young men. Is this really going to be this easy? She thought to herself, but was not about to believe that it would be so. A split second later, she was off, quickly searching for something to tie the three up with before she would head off to look for more of the groups.

It takes only the work of a few seconds for Velocity to find a nice length of extension cord to bind the unconscious youths, and in the blink of an eye they are trussed up like Thanksgiving turkeys. Her work done, she darts off like a yellow blur in search for other foes.