Slave to Time - Part 2 (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a narrative discussion!

i.e. what do you feel like happening?

Madame Malaise / Swamp Queen (thanks for name by the way), is a rather insane Cthulloid witch, who, from my postage, you can see has a rather warped view of life. I have been considering her and her swamp dimension recurring in the present and always encroaching.

In other words, she is going to appear again I think!

The thing is, YB and EH have handled this almost perfectly diplomatically, both with rolls and your IC posts. It could be resolved without a fight (although perhaps with other conflicts).

What do you guys feel like doing? Giving MM a beat down? something else?

I would prefer to have Young Britannia perhaps gain a recurring foe, with them healing and spiriting away Broken Crow and defeating most of her soldiers(maybe using the chains to snag her followers and dragging them to the fort?), then running off to take care of Jenkins before he does some crazy madness of evil. Madame Malaise then uses her fell powers to gather strength with one aim in mind: REVENGE! On the British!

Ok keep this clean and PG - 13 folks!

But Malaise is summoning a spirit of mad lust! :oops:

Thats an emotion control 10 (love - with the above descriptor) effect, folks. So DC 20 Will saves. And Malaise is not resisting...watch out El Heraldo... Crow is falling for it, so Young Brittania is in for some amorous feelings...

Remember this is PG-13, and keep it clean! and you don't have to do anything your character wouldn't do / you don't feel comfortable with (although HP are available for those who fail the roll deliberately or are particularly entertaining / get themselves in real trouble!). As its all a bit fudged and in the context of Malaise being a bit mad, you can play this out as you wish if you fail - such as fallingin love with each other, the tree next to you, etc...

Also: please note, I want this to be fun and comfortable. If it is not, please let me know, and I will edit accordingly!

To clarify, its very much up to you were you want to take that! Emotion control is a difficult power in terms of role playing, so you have as much leeway as possible. And then some more leeway!

If you want to play it as kissing a fantastic looking frog, or hugging a tree, that's all good to me!

In otherwords its about mad passion, rather than frantic fornication!

Thank you both very much for playing out that! I know that roleplaying under emotion control is not easy!

For good role playing, for failing the roll...

El Heraldo 2 HP

Young Brittania 2HP

Now - the scene itself. I was wondering if the best way to resolve this in a PG fashion would be to cut to half an hour later and leave what went on behind the veil (without implying anything saucy). However, I leave that to you, in the meantime, posting away! (any thoughts, put em here).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, a few mechanics!

Broken Crow will need to be carried - he is physically disabled and combined with his state of exhaustion, he cant really move at any speed through the harsh swamp. However, both of you are more than capable of that!

The pathways between the dimensions can be followed, its DC 10 straight WIS check to do so. Broken Crow can make these without difficulty (Giving him a +5 situational bonus, cos, you know, he is the Master Mage and all...)

The swamp itself hinders movement to 50%, it is also a hot environment.

If you wish to sneak away from Malaise camp, you may wish to make stealth rolls, and you may also wish to make survival rolls to avoid various bugs and to feed / water yourselves.

Finally, if you are traversing the swamp, lets have one hot environment save (DC 10 Fort Save).