Game Day in Two Weeks

Barnum

I just agreed to run an all-day game at my game shop in two weeks. :o

They are going to have a half-dozen or so games running, each designed to promote some under-appreciated aspect of gaming at the store. I'm going to run a low-level non-superheroic game using the MnM system (I like to call it "T20, but with style" :D ). He also said he was going to try to suspend a projector over the game table (yay!) or at the very least print out my maps at full size and supply us with some minis (double yay!).

So now I need to come up with a game concept, some maps, the custom MnM rules, etc.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just agreed to run an all-day game at my game shop in two weeks. :o

They are going to have a half-dozen or so games running, each designed to promote some under-appreciated aspect of gaming at the store. I'm going to run a low-level non-superheroic game using the MnM system (I like to call it "T20, but with style" :D ). He also said he was going to try to suspend a projector over the game table (yay!) or at the very least print out my maps at full size and supply us with some minis (double yay!).

So now I need to come up with a game concept, some maps, the custom MnM rules, etc.

Any suggestions?

Why not turn the stuff from the Zombie Skype game into a T20 soldier vs. zombies battle-mat game?

You could use premade character sheets, and run several groups through three or four maps in a day. Then maybe a big finale.

I'd play that. :)

Why not turn the stuff from the Zombie Skype game into a T20 soldier vs. zombies battle-mat game?

You could use premade character sheets, and run several groups through three or four maps in a day. Then maybe a big finale.

I'd play that. :)

Zombies are always good - you can pick up 100 great (unpainted) zombie minis in the 'Bag-o-zombies' that they released for the 'Zombies!!!' board game.

:D

I met this afternoon with a few of the "WarMachine" gurus at the shop. They are going to loan us all the minis we need for the game, including 20 zombies. I had to bribe them (I took them muffins), but it was worth it. :D I'm going to set up the scenarios this week and email them a list.

Zombies are always good - you can pick up 100 great (unpainted) zombie minis in the 'Bag-o-zombies' that they released for the 'Zombies!!!' board game.

:D

I met this afternoon with a few of the "WarMachine" gurus at the shop. They are going to loan us all the minis we need for the game, including 20 zombies. I had to bribe them (I took them muffins), but it was worth it. :D I'm going to set up the scenarios this week and email them a list.

Playing MnM with 'normals' has been a concept that I've been quite interested in. I've slowly been lowering the PL from 10, to 8 and now to 6 over successive FtF games. Herid's 'what if' game has been the best example yet, and it's been fun, even though I haven't actually used my powers yet.

But a MnM game with no powers - now that's something I'll be keeping an eye on with interest... especially if it has zombies.

Playing MnM with 'normals' has been a concept that I've been quite interested in. I've slowly been lowering the PL from 10, to 8 and now to 6 over successive FtF games. Herid's 'what if' game has been the best example yet, and it's been fun, even though I haven't actually used my powers yet.

But a MnM game with no powers - now that's something I'll be keeping an eye on with interest... especially if it has zombies.

:point:

Everything is better with zombies.

What I've done is I've given each of the soldiers for my Zombie game a special, limited-use power that is like their "special ability" or "special attack." Such as . . .

"I'm a Mother-@#$%ing Ninja!" - Katana - Area (Burst) Selective Strike 5, limited to 5 uses.

"You want some of this?" - Twin Pistols - Area (Cone) Selective Strike 4, limited to 5 uses.

"Get Up! It's Just a @#$%ing Scratch!" - 5 times during the mission Sarge can remove from another soldier one of the following conditions without rolling: their worst damage condition, dazed, fascinated, fatigued, panicked, shaken, or stunned.

Stuff like that. Dylan came up with the names for the special powers, and Comic Store Guy loved them so much he demanded I keep them. :twisted:

Here is a sample of what the character sheets are going to look like:

Cortez.png

:point:

Everything is better with zombies.

What I've done is I've given each of the soldiers for my Zombie game a special, limited-use power that is like their "special ability" or "special attack." Such as . . .

"I'm a Mother-@#$%ing Ninja!" - Katana - Area (Burst) Selective Strike 5, limited to 5 uses.

"You want some of this?" - Twin Pistols - Area (Cone) Selective Strike 4, limited to 5 uses.

"Get Up! It's Just a @#$%ing Scratch!" - 5 times during the mission Sarge can remove from another soldier one of the following conditions without rolling: their worst damage condition, dazed, fascinated, fatigued, panicked, shaken, or stunned.

Stuff like that. Dylan came up with the names for the special powers, and Comic Store Guy loved them so much he demanded I keep them. :twisted:

Here is a sample of what the character sheets are going to look like:

Cortez.png

:shock:

That looks awesome!

Love the idea of the special abilities - I did a much lamer version of that for the 'Zombies!!!' board game, just to mix the generic player characters up a bit. It's kind of like the DnD miniatures game.

Anyways, great work once again. Looks like she's in a bit of trouble though... ;)