High Towers (IC)

Supercape

Glow straightened up from her crouch as Towers started to break through the floor. She paused for a moment to look at the distraught floozy as she spilled the secret of how Towers continually passed drug tests and growled "Well if you know exactly what this stuff he's taking is made of now would be a good time to tell!", then strode over to the edge of the hole.

The young heroine leaned down to get a better view of the stricken basketballer, then reached out with her mind and enveloped him with her power. With a firm mental grip she lifted him -none too gently- out of the hole and into the middle of the lingerie shop so he wasn't in contact with any surfaces and the vibration couldn't cause any damage.

"Towers!" she said a little more gently. "It's going to be alright, we just need you to relax a little, take a deep breath. Stop struggling so we can help!"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

"Well if you know exactly what this stuff he's taking is made of now would be a good time to tell!"

"It's Speed!" she screamed.

The Lawyer sighed.

"And Max!" she screamed.

The Lawyer winced.

"It's Speed and Max together! He mixes it up and shoots up on it before every match!" she screamed.

The Lawyer put his hands over his ears in a look of pure pain.

The young heroine leaned down to get a better view of the stricken basketballer, then reached out with her mind and enveloped him with her power. With a firm mental grip she lifted him -none too gently- out of the hole and into the middle of the lingerie shop so he wasn't in contact with any surfaces and the vibration couldn't cause any damage.

"Towers!" she said a little more gently. "It's going to be alright, we just need you to relax a little, take a deep breath. Stop struggling so we can help!"

"H---h----how do ya expect me to r-r-r-r-r-elax!" said the Super-vibrating Towers. "Y-y-y-y-ya busted me! I'm gonna jail!!!" he cried, as he hummed in the air.

Silver Spider gave a little jump from her perch on the ceiling, allowing the sensation of her graviton manipulation to cease. Standing near the overdosed basketball star she said, "I can't promise anything, since I'm not involved with the district attorney's office, but they'll likely cut you some kind of deal if you know anything about where the drugs you've been using come from. Granted, one condition may involve repair costs for this little incident..."

After that she turned to the rest of his crew. No, accessories to a criminal act. Looking at the lawyer she raised her arm, "Do I need to apply a fresh round of webbing or will everyone go peacefully with the officers?"

"Towers you're going to rehab not to jail!" Glow repeated in a decidedly exasperated tone of voice. "So you can get clean and get on with life without worrying about accidentally digging yourself to China. Now quit the vibrating before we have to stop it for you. We don't want to hit you anymore, but you're putting people in danger!"

She glanced over towards where Silver Spider was intimidating the rest of Coby's posse. "We could use some more webbing over here," she called to the other heroine. "He keeps shaking that stuff loose. You have any idea how long it's going to take to get some EMTs and more police down here? I don't know how much longer I can resist accidentally dropping him on his head."

GM

Fortunately, Glow did not have to wait long. The Telekenetic grip she had on Towers started to slow his vibration - bit by bit, he started to return to normal (whatever that was). It came as some relief to the young heroine - as the feedback from the super-vibration threatened to make her teeth chatter.

"I'm alive! I'm alive!" roared Towers with pure joy!

"Damn it! I thought it was going to be journey to the centre of the earth back there!"

As the police arrived, Towers' lawyer stepped in.

"My client would like it known that he deeply regrets any actions that may, or may not, have resulted from inadvertent and accidental ingestion of any super-powered drugs. Furthermore, as any such allegations have yet to be proved, he would like to remind all that any such insinuations would damage his career and will be open to litigation. He would like to express his thanks to the superheroines known as Glow and Silver Spider, and thanks them for their resolute and legally enforcible silence on this matter!"

Rather than acknowledge the lawyer's comments, she turned to to police officers, the ones without powered sugar and doughnut crumbs on the fronts of their uniforms, and added, "The manager's office is back this way. There should still be security recordings unless somebody tampered with evidence."

With Towers being strapped to a gurney and carted out the door, the arachnid heroine noticed Jack Jackson scraping her webbing off his camera with a pocket knife. Glancing at the redhead she whispered, "I think it's time we vacated the area. Your fan club is almost through my 'media blackout'."

Glow tilted her head questioningly at the other heroine and asked "Why do you call him my fanclub?" as she glanced over at the troublesome reporter. "Besides, I think you'll find he'll be off to chase down the ambulance with Towers in it - 'high profile basketball star overdoses on Max' is a way better story than 'dangerous telekinetic digs hole in floor at mall'!"

It wasn't much of an attempt to deflect Silver Spider's interest and she knew it, but she already suspected that there wasn't much point trying to keep her identity a secret from this one. "You're right though," she agreed as she glanced up at the hole in the ceiling that led back to the trashed sports store. "If we duck back up through the hole we can make ourselves scarce while everyone is still enthralled by the mess down here."

Besides, that would handily give her an opportunity to retrieve her bag from that change room..

GM

Jack Jackson, limping and bruised, had managed to purchase a new cheap throwaway camera from the shop next door. It was hardly professional, but it would suffice.

He brought up his weapon of the trade to snap Glow.

"Dangerous telekinetic digs hole in..." he muttered to himself.

"Besides, I think you'll find he'll be off to chase down the ambulance with Towers in it - 'high profile basketball star overdoses on Max' is a way better story than 'dangerous telekinetic digs hole in floor at mall'!"

A light went on above his head, and he snapped his fingers.

"High profile basketball star overdoses on Max!" he said aloud, a broad smile on his lips as he scuttled off to catch the fallout from Towers disgrace.

"Not that I forgotten you!" he yelled out to Glow with a backwards glare.

"I'm sure she was behind this...somehow...." he whispered to himself as he disappeared from view.

As Silver Spider and Glow made their way, as quietly as possible, away from the scene, the arachnid themed heroine was oddly reminded of a line from one of her favorite science-fiction shows. "You know, I have to say your ability for irritating reporters is near miraculous."

Once they reached the dressing rooms, the taller heroine ducked inside, retrieving their bags from where she had hidden them, still wrapped in a ball of her webbing. "These would be both our bags. Time to make ourselves scarce?"

Glow rolled her eyes and chuckled "Yes I'm very proud," as she followed Silver Spider towards the change rooms, then pulled up very short as the other heroine produced both of their bags in a bundle of webbing. "Jennifer?" she hissed in quiet amazement as she recognized the second bag that was bound tightly to hers. "Alright, I guess we've got a lot to talk about then!"

She turned to look around and make sure the coast was relatively clear for them to make a quick exit, then glanced back over her shoulder at the other heroine. "Definitely time, let's get out of here."