High Towers (IC)

Supercape

GM

" I'm fairly certain it would be deriliction of duty if to ignore what a nine-one-one call was placed for."

"Yeah...I guess you are right" answered Bill ponderously. "We gotta deal with that then...so where is Mr. Towers? Man, I gotta get his autograph, my kid loves him!" he said, face broadening into a smile.

"Must be back there, with Hank. I'm sure we can get this straightened out. Towers doesn't take drugs, clean as a whistle! man, that guy can move though!" he said with enthusiasm.

Ted was already moving, hoisting his belt over his portly belly, and reaching for the door to the back room.

"No no man you can't go in there....!" said the still groggy bodyguard, on the floor and nursing his head.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM...

"Oh man, this is the good stuff, I'm gonna kick ass at the next match!"

"What the hell!" screamed Towers in a high voice as Ted opened the door. His snort of surprise sprayed the dusty powder of refined MAX and WHIZZ all over his neat suit.

Everybody could see, and jaws hit floors. Hank was taking money with one hand and passing packages of the drugs in the other, all whilst Towers entourage looked on.

"I...can explain everything...." gabbled Towers assistant, a lawyer by trade. But it would take more than a few legal loopholes to get him out of this one, and everybody knew it.

"Screw this! I'm outta here!" yelled Towers, as he leapt out at superhuman speed, knocking Bill, Ted, and Jennifer flat on their behinds as he propelled himself out of Hank's Emporium.

"Aww hell!" Kristin groused as Towers ran right through the bunch and sent Jennifer and the Police tumbling in all directions.

"I guess I get to arrest a mega-star then." she grumbled as she ducked back into the changing room and jammed the door shut behind her. As she yanked her bag open to retrieve her costume her street clothes flew in all directions as she telekinetically yanked them off. I really gotta talk to Vicky about that morphic molecules stuff she thought as she frantically pulled on her bodysuit and slapped her mask to her face.

Moments later she burst out of the change room in full "Glow" costume and slammed the door shut behind her, leaving her clothes and bag behind. After a glance at the scene inside Hank's Emporium she decided that Towers was clearly the biggest danger to public safety and set off in pursuit, wrapping herself in a field of telekinetic power to fling herself after the fleeing basketball star.

GM

"Stop, in the name of the Law!" shouted Bill from the floor, as he reached for his taser, but it was far far to late. The cop's reflexes where not razor sharp at the best of times, but against the Towers, souped up on a concktail of Max and Whizz, they were effectively useless.

"I got him! I got him!" said Ted, aiming his own taser.

"No, I haven't" he conceded, as he blinked and the sports star was gone.

Jackson also blinked at the sight of Glow.

"Ohno ohno!" he whimpered "Flee for your lives! Run! Run! Its the disaster from down under!" he said as he started to sprint off, his sore rear forgotten in the panic.

After being knocked aside by Towers as though she were a giant bowling pin, Jennifer used the position she had been left in to her advantage, rolling back through a clothing rack before redirecting herself back towards the dressing rooms she had just seen Glow emerge from.

Once inside she noticed the scattered and hastily discarded clothing as she began changing into her costume. Before she made her move to leave, she gathered up her clothes and what looked like Kristin's into their respective bags and attached them to the ceiling in twin blobs of synthetic webbing.

GM

Quick as a flash - almost as quick as his souped up employer - the lawyer shouted out to everyone.

"That wasn't Mr. Towers. It was an imposter. We will all testify to that. You cannot prove my client, Mr. Towers, was here. You have no evidence..." he said, with a self-satisfied grin on his smug face.

Mr. Towers himself, for it was him, despite his lawyers protestations, decided to heed his lawyers advice. If they couldn't catch him, they couldn't prove, beyond doubt, it was him. Spying a men's clothing store "Sparks and Mencer", he dashed in, almost to quickly for the two heroines to follow...

• 2 weeks later...

Glow hurtled into the clothing store in pursuit of Towers, barely believing how fast the drug-enhanced basketballer was capable of moving. That stuff is pretty incredible. No wonder he's been so unstoppable on the court. Hope he's not so unstoppable here though...

As she dropped lightly to her feet she noted the swinging door to the change rooms. Her eyes never left the door as she gestured at the shop staff. "Could everybody please vacate the shop?" she asked, hoping to ensure that nobody else would be in harms way if Towers turned out to be violent.

"Mister Towers?" she called as she placed herself squarely in front of the door. "Please step out of the change rooms. Slowly if you can."

GM

Inside the changing rooms, Towers changed his clothes into that of a grey suit almost quicker than the eye could see. The suit fitted his tall gangly but athletic frame extremely poorly, but it was enough to cover his dignity at least. A few rips in the trousers and jackets were unsightly but not revealing.

"No Mr. Towers here, ma'am!" he called out, lying through his teeth.

With a snake like whip of his arm, he stuffed a fedora hard on his head, so hard that it covered his eyes momentarily.

"Damnit!" he cursed, pulling the fedora off slightly so he could see, and snapping on a huge and unstylish pair of glasses.

With that, he poked his head out of the changing rooms...

Back in Hank's store, Silver Spider jumped against the wall and bounced from the landing onto and the ceiling before crawling along towards the office Towers had just burst out of, laying as flat as humanly possible to avoid being seen. Once just outside the door, she dropped down and in the blink of an eye had webbed Hank, Tower's lawyer and the rest of his entourage against the wall and, in Hank's case, the floor.

Turning toward Bill and Ted she nodded her head back at the criminals, "They should be tied up for at least an hour. Secure the scene, make sure nobody goes in or out." When she noticed Jack raising his camera in her direction, she covered the lens with a blob of webbing, "No photos please." After that she pulled herself away one a line of web to catch up with Glow and Towers.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

Towers' Lawyer put up his hands as the Silver Spider pounced.

"No! No! I'm just a lawyer. I have committed no crime! You cant mwffmwwfmwwf!" he mumbled as the webbing hit him, tying up his limbs, and disarming him of his weapon. Namely, his tounge, which was gummed up awkwardly to one side as was his jaw.

"No photos please."

"Aw...shoot!" cursed Jackson as the webbing hit his prized camera with its foot long zoom lens. He took a look at the webbing, and tried unsuccessfully to remove it, only succeeding in glueing his thumb and fingers to the sticky mess, so that his weapon was now uselessly dangling from his arm...

As Towers poked his head out of the change rooms he was confronted by a green-and-black clad heroine - surrounded by a halo of green light - with her hands planted firmly on her hips.

"Mister Towers please," Glow said in an exasperated voice. "There's about a dozen cameras that already have footage of you entering the mall, entering Hank's sporting Emporium and going into Hank's office. There's eyewitnesses that saw you snort drugs when the door opened, and then saw you exit Hank's at a speed that could only be described as superhuman. You also assaulted a pair of Police officers and a civilian during that exit. That will be on camera too by the way."

"You need to come with me sir," she continued, although in truth she rather doubted that the drugged-up athlete would be quite so willing to do so. "The drugs you've been taking can have serious side-effects. Your health could be at risk, and you could be a danger to others as well. If you come with me I can ensure that nobody else gets hurt and that you get the help you need to escape your addiction before it harms you further."

GM

Towers' sweaty forehead creased, and his eyes, with dilated pupils, widened as he saw Glow in all her resplendid glory.

"Towers? Towers, there ain't no Towers here, baby!" he bluffed, without any effect.

"Aw shoot..." he said, looking around, his head turning left right and upwards in almost a blur. "No camera's here? No Jackson? Man, I could kill that guy, always snoopin' around...bet that dude got pictures of me...."

He cursed.

"Damn, this is a mess...but I ain't goin' to prison baby! I ain't throwin away my career! No way, baby! Even if it kills me!"

With that, and a blur of motion, he proceeded to run away again...

"Oh come on!" Glow grumbled as she flung herself in pursuit of the fleeing basketballer. "Towers stop! It's too crowded in here for you to run that fast!"

Her mind raced as the two hurtled back towards Hank's Emporium at breakneck speed. She couldn't allow this chase to continue in a crowded mall like this - one misstep and Towers could run over a civilian with rather messy consequences - yet she didn't really want to start a fight with the man. It was impossible to tell how the drugged up athlete might react if he dumped any more adrenaline into his system.

As they sped back into Hank's she was rather relieved to see another costumed woman on the scene and the arrival of backup brought another plan to mind. As the young telekinetic dropped lightly onto her feet once more she raised her arms and exerted her powers in a rather stressful manner to raise a shimmering wall that blocked the entrance to the store and effectively sealed everybody inside.

She did her best to conceal the groan that the intense effort cost her, then straightened as she looked at Towers once more. "Please stop running Mister Towers. It's too dangerous. Can you just calm down so that we can help you?"

GM

Towers whizzed back, in a blur, to Hanks Emporium, to snatch the camera for a befuddled Jackson. As the unfortunate Jackson was still attatched to the camera, Towers succeeded only in yanking the poor reporter left and right, adding to his already impressive collection of bruises.

"Let go man! I said let go!!!!" he yelled at Jackson.

"I...I can't!" replied Jackson "It's stuck to me! let me go! Assault! Assault! Its all Glow's fault!" he screamed, wailing in pain and despair.

"Then you are coming with me!" replied Towers, scooping up - without apparent effort, Jackson, and turning to make haste out of the Emporium - only to be confronted with the green force field of glow.

"Oh hell! what's this?" he swore.

Silver Spider had almost reached the front of the store when she saw the wake of Towers running back into the store. In a flash, she reversed direction, catching up only after he had grabbed Jack's camera and gotten himself attached to the unpleasant paparazzo. When Glow's semi-transparent green barrier slam into place, she took the opportunity of the egocentric drug addict not dragging the photographer around the store to let loose a stream of silvery webbing, tangling the younger man's legs and arms and locking him to the floor.

GM

Towers, still carrying the battered Jackson, looked down at his feet, now wriggling at super speed but without any effect in propelling him forward.

"Throw me a sweet hoop!" he yelled, in his customary trademark catchphrase, but without any enjoyment today.

"What in damnation is this muck! I can't move! Get me out of here!"

"Yes boss!" answered the two bodyguards, who, reasoning that Silver Spider was the cause of their bosses woes, lunged without grace and with insufficient speed to catch the superheroine.

"Not her, you fools!" yelled Towers, as he took out his wallet. With his arm and hand blurring, he threw a series of coins, like bullets fired from a machine gun, into the webbing. It was sturdy stuff, but started to fray slightly as Towers continued to throw his change at it with superhuman speed.

"Yeah, not her!" Glow yelled at the closest of the two thugs. With her telekinesis still tied up to maintain the wall that separated the Emporium from the rest of the mall she knew she would have a hard time of it if she tried to deal with Towers, but the Spidery heroine seemed to have that well in hand. While the bodyguards didn't seem too dangerous they needed to be dealt with, and Glow moved towards them to pull their attention away from her ally.

"How about me?" she asked as she leapt up onto a nearby shelf full of baseball gloves, then pivoted and launched herself back down towards the first of the bodyguards. Mid flight she clenched her fist and delivered a solid punch to the jaw of her target. The man collapsed limply to the ground as Glow landed in a crouch, then glanced at her victim with a surprised "Huh!"

While she hadn't expected to land such an effective blow she recovered quickly and straightened, her gaze fixed on the second of the bodyguards. "Giving up? Or do you want to try your luck next?" she challenged.

• 4 weeks later...

Standing upside down on the ceiling, Silver Spider took aim at the imprisoned basketball star, hoping to snag his arm with this second blast and keep him from escaping. It seemed however Coby caught a glimpse at what she was doing out of the corner of his eye and, despite being stuck to the floor by strands of silvery synthetic webbing, he was able to nimbly dodge her second barrage.

Letting out a growl, she muttered something barely intelligible about how annoying she found it to fight speedsters. "Every. Freaking. Time," she seethed, ending her minor rant.

GM

Towers had run out of coins. The webbing of Silver Spider still stuck him solid to the ground.

"I've had enough of this! Nobody gonna stop me!" he yelled to the universe as a whole. With his face contorting with both fury and effort, he starting shaking, a vibration that beat out an ultra-fast beat.

He was moving so fast, like a jackhammer, that he virtually became a blur.

"....I'mmmmm g-g-g-g-going-ng-ng-ng to-to-to-to-to-to- g-g-g-g-g-get out of-of-of-of h-h-h-h-here" came his voice, thumming along with his vibrating body.

And for once, his boast was not idle. The drilling motion of his vibrating body starting to peel away the glue beneath him, until, at once, he was free!!!

Glow snapped a glance at Towers as he started to break free of the webbing. With a growl of frustration she turned back towards the bodyguard who still stood. An abrupt lunge brought her into range with such suddenness that he was caught by surprise, but the vicious kick that she followed up with missed wildly as he reeled back out of the way. The teenaged telekinetic cursed as her foot blasted into a shelf full of golfing accessories and scattered balls, tees, markers and score-counting gadgets in all directions.

"There's no need for you to go down with your boss!" she told the brute of a man as she regained her balance. "Just go sit in the corner and you'll walk away free once this is finished!"

As Towers began to pick up speed and leave the pile of dust that used to be her synthetic webs, Silver Spider rolled forward, brought up her right arm and let fly another stream of webbing. This time however she kept the spray in a tight line and grabbed the end. The other end attached itself to Coby's right ankle, which was suddenly pulled out from under him as he took his weight off his left foot.

As the doped-up sports start fell, the masked woman muttered, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall. And boy, your ego was absolutely immense."

GM

"Throw me a sweet hoop!" cursed Tyrone as he spun a full 360 head over heels and landed flat on his behind.

His vibrating body cracked the floor underneath him, sending splinters of tile and chipboard flying, and the white dust of plaster oozing into the air.

"I been on my sweet behind before though!" he retorted, propelling himself up with a handstand in a swift and elegant move that landed him just by Silver Spider. More dust, more chipboard, plaster and tiling flew as he body started vibrating even faster, in harmony with his rising temper.

He lashed out a boot at Silver Spider, a straight kick full of force that ripped the shoe of his vibrating body. And still he vibrated further.

"I'm going to get you if it kills me!" he shouted.

At that point, his body burst into a frenzied vibration so severe he was only a blur. The floor beneath him caved in, and he fell straight down, into the women's lingerie department of the clothes store below him. Garters and lace flew everywhere, except for one defiant bra that stuck comically to his head, oscillating with him.

"The power!" he screamed in fear.

"Its going to kill me!"

Even as he screamed, the floor beneath him started to splinter and crack...

Glow wheeled back towards Towers as she heard the floor give way beneath him, the last bodyguard all but forgotten as she moved to attend to the more serious problem. The solid green wall of telekinetic energy flickered and faded as she dashed towards the basketball-star shaped hole, then flung herself through it feet first.

A fist of mental power thrust down below her as she fell and thudded into the struggling speedster, and the small heroine landed nearby in a crouch a moment later. "Towers turn it off!" she shouted, and then realized a moment later that he couldn't.

Aww hell, we gotta stop this fast or he's really going to kill himself with it!

From her vantage point on the ceiling, the aracnid-themed heroin watched in astonishment as the drugs overtook Coby Tower's conscious control and started working overtime. As he vibrated hard enough to splinter through first one floor and then start on a second.

Cursing to herself she called over to the two mall cops, "Hey! You guys might want to call for an ambulance! Make sure they have the equipment to treat an overdose of a Whizz/Max cocktail."

Turning her attention back to the out of control addict, she sprayed the man down in a thick wash of synthetic webbing, layering the fluid on thick enough that his vibrating would not be able to shred it as quickly as her last attempt. She hoped the fact she was padding him down also would keep him from shattering another floor and possibly injuring any civilians under them.

GM

The webbing of the Silver Spider had bound Towers and fully trussed him. However, that didn't make any difference to his vibration. The man was helpless, locked into a state of overdrive.

"He...he can't stop!" explained the floozy he had brought along. "He got some ability...when he gets tested, he comes out clean, no trace... but the drugs in him, they get even stronger!...you gotta do something!" she wailed.

On that note, Towers screamed for help as he broke through the flooring and started drilling straight down through the earth.

"Save him!" screamed the floozy at Glow and Silver Spider, as the vibrating Towers sank deeper and deeper into the underground of Freedom City.

The Mall Cops decided to save the day by phoning the ambulance like Silver Spider had suggested. But stop the super-vibrating, sinking Towers, they could not!