Riffsational!

Ari

In honor of Rift's intended name being instated, planning on a music-themed thread for the guy(or otherwise if Darskider42 has an alternate preference). If anyone would like to join in, feel free to ask! I've no intentions to play any of mine in it.

PL: 11-13ish

Focus: Primarily Skill, small Combat sections.

Intended length: Short and sweet, aiming for around 5-6 pages to the main event, with allowance that things will probably take longer or shorter than that.

Number of players: 3 is my preference.

For this, we're going to try out ShaentheBrain's idea of using 'backdoors', previously set up hooks for the characters so that if anyone needs to take time off we can use that to continue things without being potentially derailed.

How does that sound?

A music-oriented thread? Jay Xavier could be there in his capacity as a technical troubleshooter with nontrivial music experience… and if/when the schist hits the fan, all terrakinetics must die Jay can & will switch gears to go all Jubatus on whatever the menace may be.

If we're talking about these 'backdoor' thingies: Jay Xavier is a freelancer, with specialties in troubleshooting and technical writing. He's always working on at least one or two contracts at any given time. For him, an obvious 'backdoor' would be Client X demands Xavier's presence in person, right this second.

That would work, and he's fast enough that he'd be able to go, fix the problem, and be back in time to help. Only concern of mine being that it strikes me as a little...mundane, I guess? reason for leaving the fight immediately.

Well... if you want a non-mundane reason for Jube to exit a fight without warning, here's an idea I've been toying with:

Jubatus makes Time speed up and slow down. In other words, he's messing with the fabric of the space/time continuum. Since Jube is, therefore, a person with the (very much unrealized!) potential to rip the Universe into tiny, unlivable shreds, it's possible that one of those vaguely-defined Guardian-of-Reality NPCs has Jube under surveillance, 25/8/366. And said NPC could, at any arbitrary moment, choose to zap Jube off to another dimension for some sort of Test Of Character/Responsibility, the better to reassure said NPC that Jube will continue not to do anything that would end up mangling the Universe.

So Jube can be zipping along, when all of a sudden -- no warning whatsoever -- he's surrounded by weird, multidimensional SFX which hurt the eye to look at, and he just plain disappears. And at whatever later time, the weird, multidimensional SFX re-occur, and Jube emerges from this 'vortex' to get on with… whatever storyline he was part of at the time.

You like? You no like?