Adrenaline Rush (OOC)

Supercape

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK lets go for one more opposed roll to see if the SWAT officer buys it. On the one hand its rather unbelievable, on the other he is inclined to believe you. So +0 modifier.

1d20+1=15 is his sense motive roll.

If you make it, he will basically aid you. If you fail, its everyone under arrest until they can sort it out back in the police cell!

• 1 month later...

An HP for dastardly pre prepared plot!

Revenant 4 HP

As the place is going up in flames, it is a damage 5 effect, with increment every round up to damage 10 when the whole place is an inferno.

The Steel door is a foot thick, giving it a toughness of 13.

As we are starting with damage, the Master has exposed himself to some flame, and his toughness roll is 1d20+12=19 so he, unfortunately, takes an injury

Post toughness roll and then move to initiative 1d20+4=22

The door is about 30 feet away.

Hot!

Revenant 4 HP - Injured

So Revenant has an action now, and the Master has effectively escaped in normal muahahaha fashion (albeit with melodrama). 

We can drop out of combat, but for each round/action after Revenants next one, fire damage as above. 

The air vent, by the way, is easy enough to rip open, but its an escape artist check to squeeze through. The ceiling is quite high (about 10 foot) but I think Rev is strong enough to jump up that high?

Okay I'd like to spend a HP to stunt Wall-Crawling off of my Super-Strength, she's literally creating her own hand and footholds as she goes. If I understand the rules she should be able to climb the shaft in a single round.

If there also a chance of saving the Minion she' carry him out, after smothering the flames of cause.

Once I know what works and doesn't I'll post IC

Ok, I think stunting wall climb off super strength is probably pushing the realms of stunts myself. On the other hand, the description of what you are actually doing is worth a +2 situational bonus of climb roll. The elevator shaft is in no immediate danger of being drowned in fire (you probably dont wont to hang around for ever of course!) and the damage to the shaft makes for a few nice distortions and the like. So the DC to climb it is 15 i.e. pretty easy for Revenant. In other words, with a +12 climb bonus you arent going to fall. At worst, you will be a little slow. 

As far as the flames and rescuing the minion goes. Well, its worth an HP, but it is dangerous: the inferno is now a damage 7 effect, and then a damage 8 effect. Going in, picking him up is 1 round, and another move action to exit (so you could do it in 2 rounds, or 1 round with a surge). Bear in mind her vulnerability to fire. She has 4 Hp at the moment without the extra one. 

That's what I was after and save me a HP so all good. Which I'll need as...

Revenants got this whole Vampire's are people too thing, so she's going to try to save the man.

Her Toughness Save 1d20+12=19, that would bad so a re-roll 1d20+12=24. Which is good except for the whole Stunned situation. So a HP to cancel the stun and I'll think I'll surge as I'm pushing my luck as it is...

If that's all okay I'll post up in IC, and that bloody vampire better appreciate this...

Revenant - 2 HP!

The Injuries will clean up as soon as she is by the elevator thanks to her regeneration. 

So climbing whilst carrying the vampire will be a -5 Penalty, so DC 20. She has a +12 bonus so its fairly safe, failure by 5 means a fall which will probably kill the vampire as he is already disabled.