Bee-Keeper III

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

"I'm just me, trying to live the dream of being a superhero."

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

"Not outside of, you know, the whole secret identity thing."

What is your full birth name?

"Baxter Germaine Bowles."

Where do you live?

"Right here in Bayview with my folks."

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

"That'd be May 15th of '95."

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

"Really? I'm a guy."

How would you describe your heritage?

"African-American. Black. Whatevs. If you mean more, like, what specific ethnicity from way back down the family line? Man, I have no idea. American born and raised though, right here in Freedom City; so I like to think my heritage is Freedonian."

How tall are you?

"Five feet and nine inches."

What is your body type?

"... Normal? I mean, I guess I'm in okay shape. Not exactly the jock type, but I get by."

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

"Not that I know of."

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

"Heck yeah, I'm confident! Maybe I'm not walking around with swag,

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

"I've got dark skin and hazel-ish eyes. As for hair, it's black, but a little dye never hurt anyone, and I make the light brown shade work for me."

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

"No facial hair; I like the clean-shaven look. Likewise, I keep my hair pretty short. Clean-cut and stuff."

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

"I like to think so. I'm no model, but man, I can clean up pretty good. As for others? Different strokes for different folks."

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

"Nope. Tried to get my ear pierced once, and my mom flipped out! Haha."

Do you resemble anyone famous?

"No one's said I do."

Do you have a dominant hand?

"Definitely right-handed."

What kind of clothing do you wear?

"Oh, you know, normal stuff. Jeans, logoed tee-shirts, chucks. Nothing fancy, but I work with what I can get."

Do you wear makeup?

"Does... does toner count? If not, then nah."

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

"I don't sound like a girl, if that's what you're asking!"

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

"Just chewing on pencils when taking tests or working out problems on paper. Yeah, kinda crass, but what can I say? Tests stress me out."

History

Where do you come from?

"Right here in Freedom City. Lived here my whole life, and never even been out of state. Guess that means I'm bona fide in that regard."

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

"Still living in the same house I've always been at here in Bayview. Things are fine, so why change it?"

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

"I... huh. I don't know. I guess I'm patriotic. I wouldn't throw myself into the military or anything just 'cause someone asked me to, but if everything was on the line, I'd definitely hop in and do my part. America's the land of freedom and opportunity, and I'd want to keep it that way if I had any say in it."

How do you feel about the place you come from?

"Freedom City? Oh, man, it's great! Decent folks, lots of excitement, cutting edge of everything... and all the superheroes! Great stuff."

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

"It's Freedom City. Didn't I just say that? Geez..."

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

"I got along with most everyone. Things didn't really start getting bad till' Uncle Barry went bananas. Then, yeah, I guess I became a minority. Not many kids with supervillains in the family line at school, if you get me."

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

"Hate history. Soooo boring. It just doesn't interest me. Who wants to read up on a bunch of dead people and stuff that's hundreds of years old? Other than the ocassional F in class, I can't say it's been that big of a deal... except, you know, almost failing and all that."

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

"Not... traumatic, no. Weird? Oh, sure."

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

"When I was just a kid, I remember going to this assembly at school. At the time, I'd never cared for em', since they were always just giant borefests. But this one was different, because they got some guest speakers. Local heroes, not new to the game but out of the limelight. I guess it's kinda nerdy to say I'd always been a nerd for the hero stuff, but seeing some of them in person? It was... I don't know. Inspiring. Just the way they talked about it gave me goosebumps!"

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

"Other than put on a massive suit of bee-themed armor and risk my life to try and play hero? Oh, you know, just the usual stuff like skip a class or two or stay out after curfew. No biggie."

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

"Still goin', actually. I'm attending FDR High and in the middle of my Sophomore year. It's not great, and it's pretty boring when I'm not being teased or whatevs, but it's school. Guess that comes with the territory."

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

"Still got my Castle Comics collection! I don't have any issue ones or anything, but I've got a nifty Freedom League Super-Size Special #3 still in the sleeve."

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

"That's... that's a tricky thing. I'd always been interested in superheroes. Not just in that oh-they're-so-cool kinda way; I mean honestly, like I wanted to be one. Never thought I'd get the chance, especially after Uncle Barry did his thing at Freedom Hall. But when that letter showed up along with the mini robo-bees, I just... I don't know. I knew it was something special. When I found the suit, it was my chance; I could've just turned it in to the cops, or not said anything. But I took it. I took it because I'd always felt out of place... like I was meant for something greater. But it wasn't just that; it was the bad rap my family was getting for Barry's shenanigans. So, yeah, it might be a bit selfish, but if I can clear things up with that, then all the better; it's why I stuck with the Bee-Keeper thing instead of... well, y'know, anything better."

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

"Not different. I just don't mention the bit about my folks. Like I said, it's not exactly noble, but it feels right."

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

"It's not a secret. Everyone pretty much knows. If I tell someone my name's Baxter Bowles, it's practically synonymous with 'that weird bee-guy.' Not a barrel of laughs, man. 'Course, I've still got the whole alter ego thing. If my parents found out, I'd be so toast. And if someone else found out, they'd be... well..."

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

"I try, when in the suit. When the armor goes on, I feel... I don't know. I feel empowered. Like I can do anything. Heh, if it weren't for my lack of practice at the hero gig, I might be as good as some of the Leaguers. But, y'know, handicaps. Guess I might come off as smug sometimes, maybe arrogant. Can't help it, really, when I can chuck cars over my head with ease!"

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

"I... I never really thought about it too much. Kind of hard to consider what might happen if someone went after my family; that's why superheroes have their secret identities to begin with. But if I had to decide - if I had to make a do-or-die choice to reveal who I was? - then in a heartbeat, especially to save someone else."

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

"Nah. I'm pretty straight-edged there, man."

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

"My folks? That'd be Benny and Sam Bowles."

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

"Yep. Dad's a bit uptight, but otherwise they're great folks."

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

"Now that Uncle Barry's behind bars, it's a mixed bag. Some people still slander us, but my parents are good people. I mean, my dad's a lawyer! Mom's workin' at a library. It's not like we're robbing banks or pushing old ladies down stairs or anything! Man, I swear, one person in your family goes nuts, and suddenly everyone looks at you a little different..."

Where are your parents now?

"Still here, doing what they do best. Making sure I'm kept in line and all that."

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

"Well, I know mom's from around here in the Fens. Dad? I don't really know. He's moved around a lot, went to a bunch of different schools when he was a kid since grandpa was in the military at the time. Other than that, I don't think he ever really settled down till' he met mom."

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

"Grandpa's already moved on, but before he passed we were tight. Never knew grandma, but dad swears that she was a saint."

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

"I'm still that kid with scraped knees and bruised arms. Mom dotes, but dad's usually workin' on a case or something, so I really only get to hang out with him on the weekends; right when I'm in the middle of the whole superhero thing. How would they act, though, if they found out I was running around getting shot at, diving into fires, and fighting super-criminals? ... Man, now that's a scary thought!"

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

"Only child. Kinda lonely, but it has its perks. Can you say 'Best Christmas Ever'?"

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

"I've got mixed feelings on the whole Bee-Keeper thing. Not... not the me Bee-Keeper, but Uncle Barry. He'd always been sorta weird, but he wasn't really such a bad guy. Sure, he did some horrible things, but he never killed or injured anyone intentionally. He's just... I don't know. Misguided? Jaded? Hard to say. But do I hate him? I... I don't know."

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

"My dad. Yeah, he's not there much, but we're close. He's everything I'm not; level-headed, well-learned, in control but direct, and definitely a looker judged by how many girls approach him. Mom's never really been jealous, but I guess that's because she's got some sort of secret there. Sometimes I think that, if I hadn't found this suit, I'd probably follow in his footsteps. Go to law school, too, y'know?"

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

"Uncle Barry. He was, y'know, the weirdo who made those giant fire-breathing bees. Need I go on?"

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

"Again, Uncle Barry. Really, you'd think someone who was obsessed with some woman and a bunch of bees wouldn't be such a big problem, but nooooo..."

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

"Sadly single, ladies."

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

"Not opposed to having a girlfriend, that's for sure. As for kids? Man, that's far away right now. When the time comes I'll give it some more thought, but I guess if you need an answer now or whatevs, then that's a tentative some day."

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

"Hmm... same but different. That make sense? I mean, I'd want someone not just to talk to, but someone to argue with. Someone more... I don't know, independent. Confident. Not afraid to tell me what she wants in life, y'know? Simple and easy, and straightforward."

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

"Oh, sure. Chris and Amanda grew up with me. We went to all the same schools, we have all the same classes, our folks hang out... it's just the way things have been since as far back as I can remember. Chris has always been an egghead, and even geekier than me when it comes to comics. Amanda? Well, she was always the sporty one. A stand-up chick, more interested in standing on her own two feet than relying on others; something I can respect."

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

"Not really. Hard to play favorites, y'know?"

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

"My friends and family, obviously. Or, y'know, I'd hope so."

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

"Haha, I... uh... I've never really had a long-term girlfriend, so not really."

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

"Nope. Not unless you're counting Dick Hartfeld, the bane of my existence at school. He's pretty popular for a jock, built like a brick but just as dense."

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

"Man. If Dick knew I was the new Bee-Keeper, my life would just nose dive from hard to sucktacular."

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

"Not sure on this one, honestly. I guess to Freedom City, then my friends and family, and then myself."

Who or what do you despise? Why?

"Might be a bit cliche', but you've seen all those weirdos and nasties on the news. Even here in Freedom City, crime's still rampant; we've just got a better handle on it. When I was a kid, I used to read the old Golden Age comics my dad had about the Liberty League and their fight against tryanny. What they stood for, a place for everyone and everything to live without fear... it's only right I hate those who try and intimidate and strike fear in my hometown."

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

"Being able to stand up for others. Yeah, I'm not exactly a model candidate for that, but I try, and it's something I can respect."

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

"Coercion. Forcing innocent people to do things and stuff against their will; especially through fear or threats. That takes the lowest of the low to do."

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

"Of course I do, and I'm the only one who knows it. Plan's to keep it that way, since, y'know, don't want to make my friends or my folks targets for the stuff I do. Hard enough not to miff the cops, and the flak I already get's pretty bad. I don't think I could handle it if I knew I'd put em' in danger, too."

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

"In school, I've never been the leader-type. I do my own thing, sure, but I don't try and get people to follow along. As for the superhero gig, can't say I've had a lot of practice there. Maybe. Guess I'll find out if I get the chance."

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

"Not on a team, but I wouldn't mind getting in on one. More friends means the more we can get done; simple as that!"

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

"I... think it's best I keep my faith to myself, if that's all the same."

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

"My dad, definitely. But I've always admired the Freedom League, too. While my dad might be my personal hero, they've always been my idols; the things I really strive to be. Especially now that I've got that chance."

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

"Not really. I wasn't around during the Moore Act, so I didn't really get that whole jaded thing when they were outlawed. On a personal level, also a big negative."

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

"Do I like being a hero? Do I like it? No. I LOVE it! The thrills! The spills! The overwhelming sensation of actually doing something meaningful! Eventually, everyone needs someone to stand up for em'; I just happen to be able to stand up to guys who throw fireballs or shoot deathrays!"

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

"Pfft. Heck, no! Nothing short of my family's lives on the line, with no other alternative. Even then, I'd have to give it some real thought."

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

"It'd be nice if the Bee-Keeper name would stop feeling like a burden. Proving that this suit can be used to do good would be nothing short of poetic justice for me, man. That, and it'd be nice to be recognized as a hero in my own right, if that makes sense. Someone the city can count on."

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

"Honestly? Haven't given it much thought there. One step at a time."

Is there anything you would give you life for?

"My friends. My family. Heck, even to save someone else. At least, I hope I would... I've never been put in a place where I've had to choose yet."

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

"A little spending money's not bad. Get some new CDs, some new clothes, see a movie; you know, simple stuff. I don't mind sharing, I guess, but I'm not exactly loaded with cash."

How do you generally treat others?

"Like I'd wanna be treated. Give em' some respect, and get some back. That's the ticket to making friends."

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

"Not trusting, I think, but I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt. And sure, it's gotten me into trouble; but people lie. They make mistakes. That's life, and I get over it eventually. It's just one of those little things people do."

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

"Haha, definitely out-going. I can handle myself okay in most situations, and I'm pretty sure of myself."

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

"... Next question!"

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

"Hrm. Bullies. They're like... I don't know. Like leeches on society, or something like that. Forcing people to do things for them because they can't or aren't willing to just ask for help. It's kinda... what's the word for it? Sycho-whatever. Cowardly."

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

"Chinese, hands down! There's something about it; that sweet-and-tangy taste, and the delicious rice. And eggrolls? Don't even get me started on those, man!"

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

"Hmm... don't really have a favorite. But I guess if I had to pick, I do love me some Black Cherry Cola."

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

"Oh, oh! Key Lime Pie!"

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

"Nah. Not the picky kinda guy."

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

"I don't dislike it, but I don't think I'd wear any pink if I had the choice. As for a favorite color, blue's it."

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

"Hate... hmm... guess I'd pass on classical, no offense. As for what I like? Oh, all kinds of stuff. I just got the new Joy Bunnies album the other day, and it's pretty good! ... What? Don't look at me like that!"

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

"Um... not smelly, I guess?"

Do you have a favorite animal?

"Used to be that I liked dogs. Now? Now it's all about bees. I don't know, there's something charming about them being all busy and productive and stuff."

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

"My mint-condition Freedom League Super-Size Annual #3! You have no idea how long it took me to find that thing."

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

"Outdoor camping, with bugs and beetles and crap? Pass."

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

"Cleaning out septic tanks. Do I even need to say why?"

Could you kill? Have you killed?

"Could I... what? No. No! Absolutely not!"

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

"What? Look, people do horrible, terrible things. But killing them isn't gonna make what they did any better, y'know? Besides, even if you did... that... it'd be something you'd have to live wit h for the rest of your life. That's something I don't think I can do."

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

"Man, I don't even want to think about that. Next question."

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

"What kind of question is that? That's terrible! How am I supposed to even... to even answer that?! Next question!"

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

"I'd be angry. Duh."

How would you react to public humiliation?

"Haha. I'm used to this one. Sure, I try to laugh it off, but it gets under my skin. How could it not? But still, you roll with the punches, man. Grass gets greener eventually."

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

"I... I'd rather not think about it, okay? That's... yeah. Intense. Moving on."

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

"Murder, man. What could be worse than death?"

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

"You really like to ask some bleak questions, dontcha? Well, lessee... I guess I'd say goodbye to everyone, ditch the power armor so nobody finds it, give my stuff away... other than that, I don't really know. It's not exactly something a kid prepares for!"

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

"I wish I did. Till' I found the Bee-Keeper Armor, I was just... well, me. Boring old Baxter Bowles, unassuming and uninteresting. Without it, I'm... well, I'm pretty useless, much as I hate to admit it."

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

"Self-taught, though the suit's pretty self-explanatory. Some of the features are encrypted or something, but I figure I'll find out what all it can do eventually. I hope."

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

"Does dancing count, 'cause I'm pretty good at that. Practice makes perfect, and watching all those music videos growing up helped inspire me a bit. Besides, it's lots of fun!"

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

"El Unemployedo. Currently going to school, so, yeah, full-time there. After I graduate, I think I might go to college. Not sure yet. We'll see how that goes."

What is your preferred combat style?

"If I have to, there's not much else to do but punch, punch, punch. Sometimes blast em' with energy beams, but, well, that's about all the suit's good for."

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

"Not really. Never been much of an overachiever. I like to keep it low-key."

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

"I'd like to rely a little less on the suit. I mean, yeah, it's great: super-strength, can fly, built-in armory... but that's not experience, y'know? Look at the Raven, or Bowman. They've got all the skills that pay the bills, from martial arts training to scientific research. I mean, without the suit, I'm useless; I never really had much hope of becoming a superhero before getting the suit, but now, maybe - just maybe - I could build on that. Get some more experience under my belt, and broaden my horizons. Never know, there might be a time when I don't have the suit, and better safe than sorry."

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

"Oh, definitely try to learn! I mean, you should have seen this King of Suits guy, blowing stuff up and whisking people out of buildings like a pro! Talk about being handy!"

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

"Pfft. Without interruptions, a day's boring! Variety, spice of life, et cetera. When not in school, it's all about being on patrol; flying over the city as free as a... well, a bee. It's liberating. Outside of that, I've started to take a shine to the little things and find em' interesting. Did you know honey bees beat their wings eleven-thousand-and-four-hundred times a minute? That's why they buzz!"

What do you do for fun?

"I still keep up on comics. Let's see... been studying bees a lot lately, as weird as that sounds. Thought it might be handy to, y'know, get some insight on the whole bee-thing."

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

"Absolutely. It's big, it's a bit weighty, and it packs a whallop! Power armor, man, accept no substitutions! But yeah, when I found it, it was just a metallic grey husk of steel with some funky antennae, bug-like eyes and wings. Slapped a fresh coat of black-and-yellow paint, spruced it up a bit, and blam! Now it's a rockin' Bee-Keeper III suit of my own."

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

"Unassuming is the key. Nice and simple; nothing too flashy. Just some jeans or shorts usually, with a tee-shirt if it's too hot for sleeves, and a pair of tennis shoes or chucks. Sometimes a cap, but that depends on how I'm feeling that day."

What do you wear to bed most nights?

"Pajamas."

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

"Jewelry is... meh. Parents won't let me get piercings, so that's out. Guess I'm just not one for shiny stuff."

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

"Not really. Just stick stuff in my room. Not like I've got anything to hide... uh... except my armor. I usually keep that in a bag under my bed, or with me when I go out."

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

"The bus. Don't have a car, but I do have a license. Unfortunately, one car split between three people? Yeah, not a good combination."

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

"Nah. Like I said earlier, that's something I try not to think about. Kinda dark."

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

"Um... I... I guess not."

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

"For being a hero. No, not just a hero. As someone who did something important; someone who stood for something right up till' the end. An icon for people to look to when things get tough. There's always hope, man. You just gotta struggle through the hard parts first."

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

"I... well, sorta. I mean, not in the go-on-a-rampage sorta way, but in the this-suit-is-dangerous kind. I mean, what if the targeting system-thingy miscalculates? I could blow up a building! Or a car! I gotta be careful sometimes, pick my shots and stuff. That's why I usually try and get in close. Less chance for error, y'know?"

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

"... The Bee-Keeper armor. I'd like to think its my drive to do some good here in Freedom City, but I gotta be honest: without the suit, I don't think I could really do anything. It's... it's my crutch."

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

"Also the Bee-Keeper Armor. Man, without it, I'm just a boring Baxter Bowles, only good for getting in the way. A burden. Dead weight, and in the wrong situation an emphasis on the former bit. If I lost it, I don't... I don't even know what I'd do."

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You've got a lot to learn, kid. It's serious work being a hero, and balancing life with the job is a burden that you're going to have to come to terms with. It's also something that's risky, and while you've got the tools for the job right now, you can't rely on it forever. If it breaks down, or gets stolen, you'll be left high and dry. If you're really set on living this dream of yours - if you're truly sold on this lot in life - then you need to branch out. Get some friends. Get some training. Get some more experience. Those things'll go a lot farther than a fancy piece of hardware; so keep working at it and stay positive.

Somewhere in Greenbank...

The scene was a catastrophe incarnate, sun beating down mercilessly above and casting shadows all across the set. The old railway yard hadn't seen work in decades, the ramshackle freight warehouses all but destilled remnants reduced to rust and scrap, save for the ocassional facility barely standing on its own. What made the innards of this particular scene so ridiculous, however, wasn't all the collapsing architecture or unused scrap lying uselessly about the tracks, but the half-dozen men glued with what could only be perceived as honey to various mail towers, train tracks, and each other. They were no doubt irate at first when the Bee-Keeper showed up to put an end to their little drug-running gig, but they eventually saw things his way; Baxter made sure of it.

There was something to be said about a job well done, and as the Bee-Keeper oversaw his achievement with pride, basking in his own success before calling in the boys in blue, there came a sound that broke his enjoyment. It was familiar, the roar of an engine as clear as crystal as the powered armor's antennae swivelled slightly to focus in on the auditory noise, gravel being churned beneath rubbery wheels as it went. Whirling along the uneven terrain, the young apiary adventurer's eyes narrowed as the glare obfuscated the vehicle closing in.

Screeching to a stop and kicking miniscule rocks in every direction, Baxter soon made out the familiar logo on the side of the white van. He'd seen it before, back when he was helping out at the Lacrenza Apartments: the Action 3 News van! Just as the realization set in, a woman stepped out from the passenger side, her blue blouse and grey skirt a stark contrast to the unruly remains of the green bandana wearing men and rust-colored train tracks. Her cameraman was right behind her, bolting out from the back of the van with a massive camera in tow as the two hurried along tracks towards the armored teen.

"I told you I'd get that interview!" shouted Amy Feng, pulling a small tape recorder out from within the confines of her attire. Silently, the Bee-Keeper let out a sigh, shoulders slumped as she closed the gap with startling efficiency despite her heels and the terrain. The mood was certainly ruined now, but now a new opportunity had presented itself: a chance to set the record! Last time, he'd had to bolt for... well, out of precaution, really, but this time? This time she was the first one on the scene! In a flash, that disappointment shifted to an energetic pose, Bee-Keeper himself trying to seem as heroic as he could muster. "Please? It'll just take a few minutes."

"Fair enough. Azz you can zzee, I've been very bzzy. But I zzuppozze if you really want one..." Sure, it might have been a bit on the arrogant side, what with Baxter trying to sound confident. Still, it was hardly an inaccurate response, given the slew of armed goons laid out unconciously where the battle had just taken place. The newswoman wasted no time in this agreement, waving her hand towards the camerman to signify they were starting before striking a very professional pose herself.

"This is Amy Feng, Action 3 News, with an exclusive interview with the infamous Bee-Keeper. The world wants to know: has the Bee-Keeper really turned over a new leaf?" she asked, thrusting the tape recorder in the boys face so close that it caused him to take a step back in response.

"Not exzzactly, zzinzze I'm not zzhe zzame Bee-Keeper. I'm axxually zzhe third Bee-Keeper!" With this answer, Baxter held up three armored digits, as if proud to signify this minute difference. The reporter seemed relatively unimpressed either way, her stoic and unflinching visage unchanged despite the new Bee-Keeper's assurance he wasn't some loon.

"I see. So, no plans for revenge against the Freedom League or Fleur de Joie? No schemes to take over Freedom City at all?" The next question was unsurprising; after all, it's what his uncle probably would have done.

"Nope!" came the enthusiastic response from the Bee-Keeper as one of the mooks groaned in pain, stirring from his forced slumber. The man encased in solid synthetic honey murmured something vaguely insulting, prompting a swift kick from the Bee-Keeper to cut the hispanic fellow's slanderous outcry. After quirky outburst and clearing his throat, the Bee-Keeper resumed his outlandish heroic pose, eager for the next query.

"Right. So I can quote you in that you're certifiably not a super-villain?" This last bit seemed unnecessary to Baxter, but then again, his uncle had set the bar sort of high on the weird-villains-to-be-afraid-of list.

"Abzzolutebee. I'm a zzuperhero, mizz, juzzt doing my part in bringing juzztizze to Beedom Zzity," replied the gold-and-black themed hero, thrusting a finger into the air as if to signify his commitment and conviction. "And I won't rezzt until every villainouzz bzzybody knowzz to fear my zzting of juzztizze!"

"That's great... if it's true. Let's talk about the suit, if you don't mind. How did you get a hold of that kind of technology?" Feng inquired, her voice rife with curiosity and uncertainty. It was almost as if she were afraid she'd struck a nerve; though if she were really afraid of Baxter and his insectile getup, she wasn't plastering it all over her face.

"Well, I... I juzzt found it. Chalk it up to luck." This answer seemed unsatisfactory to both the reporter and the Bee-Keeper, but he wasn't really sure how else to explain it. Sure, he could have said he got a tip to find it, followed the clues, and took it for himself, but that seemed like it would be giving away too much. He had to play it sort of close to the belt now, lest he give away something specific about his identity.

"Uh huh. Not a liason, or a protege of the previous Bee-Keeper then?" Increduility marred the newshound's face this time, even her cameraman expressing his own disbelief.

"Who, me? No way. Totally independent and working alone," Baxter lied, holding up both gauntleted hands and waving them around in mock dismissal of his associate with his uncle. "No relation at all to zzhe previouzz Bee-Keeper. Juzzt, you know, watched zzome old footage of him doing hizz zzhing beefore he got zzentenzzed. Had to get an idea on how the zzuit worked, and that'zz about all I know about him."

"Riiiiight," Feng snipped, unconvinced. "Does it use the same gimmicks? Can't say I've seen you use any actual bees despite you being the... ahem... new Bee-Keeper and all."

"It'zz... it'zz different. Zzee, thizz one doezzn't have actual beezz. It uzzezz itty-bitty robo-bees. I'm not really zzure how it workzz other than that, exxept that I can control them through the helmet'zz commandzz and I never zzeem to run out. They're tricky like that."

"I zz-- I mean, I see. But you didn't answer my question; does it still use all the old staples?"

"Oh, zzure," Baxter said, lifting up an arm and tapping it gently with his other hand. "Zzuper-Zztrength, practically bulletproof, controlzz beez - but you already knew that! - and zzhoot beamzz of energy, dartzz to make people zzick, zztick thingzz to wallzz with zzynthetic honey..." By this point, Baxter was counting on his fingers to illustrate all the various features the suit had, and doing so with great pride. "Oh, and fly, obviouzzly."

"Obviously. Let's go back to the Lacrenza Apartments Fire. You were the first one there after the fire trucks showed up. How did you figure it out before any other heroes could make it on the scene? Seemed awfully convenient." This question seemed particularly loaded, but earnest. For a second, Baxter had to think about how to respond before simply shrugging, deciding that honesty was the best policy.

"I wazz juzzt out and about when I interzzepted the radio frequenzzy azzking for help. All I had to do wazz follow the sirenzz after that," explained the costumed kid, planting his hands on his armored hips. Taking a moment to glance back at his handiwerk to be sure noone had yet attempted to liberate themselves, Bee-Keeper returned to face the Channel 3 action girl.

"And what about the other heroes present?" she asked, cocking her head to one side skeptically. "I saw you all gathering together after the building collapsed. Rumor is you're part of some new team; care to elaborate?"

"Who, me? Oh, no. We're not on a team or anyzzhing like zzhat," Bee-Keeper buzzed back, folding his arms up as he stared at his interrogator.

"Does that mean you're looking for one, or have aspirations of joining the ranks of the Freedom League?" This question struck Baxter in a funny sort of way, causing him to think, scratching an invisible stubble where his chin would be if not for the all-encompasing bug-helmet. On the one hand, a team meant getting more done. On the other, it meant a lot more responsibility.

"I guezz zzo. Can't zzee the harm in working with otherzz to try and keep Beedom Zzity a bit zzafer. That, and I zzhink it went pretty well lazzt time. Zzo, zzure! Why not?"

"I see, I see," Feng added, giving a modest nod. Whether it was earnest or just a faux performance to keep the Bee-Keeper talking was anyone's guess, but Baxter seemed satisfied with his response. "So what do you think makes you qualified to join a team, instead of working as a solo act like so many others around the city?"

"I... uh... well..." Bee-Keeper stammered, against forced to contemplate the question. "I can lift carzz above my head, and get around pretty quick. But I... I guezz you mean, like, from maybee a more zzocial zzorta way? I'm zzuch a nizze guy, of courzze. In clazz, I worked well with everybody, so how much harder could it bee?" Suddenly, Baxter felt very silly as Amy Feng drew a small smile across her lips. It was only then that he'd realized he'd just slipped a vital piece of information out. Behind the helmet, a look of shock etched its way onto Baxter's face as he felt his own stupidity sink in.

"So you're a kid!" cried the woman in the skirt, a mixture of surprise and sudden revelation finding its way into her tone as she let a small laugh escape her glossy lips. Bee-Keeper almost said something, raising an objective finger before being silenced by the far more commanding presence of Amy Feng. "Well? You can't just leave it up in the air now. Care to tell us how old you are, Mister Bee-Keeper?"

"Older zzhan a breadboxxx." Sure, it made no sense, but that was the point as Baxter deflected the personal inquiry. The woman rolled her eyes a bit as her compatriot snerked, Bee-Keeper putting his hands back on his hips, fists clenched lightly. He had to remember to be careful; couldn't have any more slip-ups like that. Having read a few comics in his day, Baxter knew the importance of keeping his alter ego a secret.

"Alright, alright. I get it. Less personal, more professional. Let's talk about you being a hero. Why not be a villain, huh? The last two Bee-Keepers were infamous for their involvement against the Liberty and Freedom League, so what's the deal with the transition?" Another tricky question, with which Baxter had to be especially careful about answering.

"It juzzt zzeemed like the right zzhing to do," he responded in kind. Bee-Keeper added as an afterthought, "We've got enough trouble here in Beedom Zzity. Zzhe more heroezz we have, the lezzz crime'zz on the zztreetzz, right?"

"Alright," Feng nodded, arching an eyebrow before moving on, content with the previous answer. "But why keep the name? Seems like you're just asking for trouble to me." This was becoming increasingly more difficult. Bee-Keeper was almost ready to just bolt out of there, eager to be away from the prying woman the closer and closer to home she struck. But the prospect of painting himself in a good light now was too good to pass up.

"Well, juzzt look at me," Bee-Keeper motioned, moving his hands to illustrate the entire suit. "Who elzze would you zzhink I wazz? Zzure, I could have called myzzelf zzomething like zzhe Wazzp or Yellow Jaxxet, but hey, zzhey're all beez, right?" It was a partial lie on Baxter's part, and it left a bad taste in his mouth, but he wasn't quite ready to divulge the true reason for keeping the name; for attempting to correct the mistakes of his predecessors.

"Right. But I'm just saying, why not something else, like the Bionic Beetle or... I don't know, something like that? You could have been anything but a... well, but a bee," Feng replied, another eyebrow dancing skywards as she pressed the miniature recorder towards the insectile helm. Behind the helmet, Baxter started to say something, but then cut himself off. She had a point. He could have really called himself any kind of bug-themed hero and been kosher...

"Beecauzze beetlezz are lame?" he snipped back, arms again meeting across the breadth of his torso. She didn't need to know he was indifferent to beetles one way or the other, so long as she didn't get too nosy about it. Suddenly, one of the crooks stirred, another slew of profane words escaping the man's lips as he chastized the bee-themed avenger in ways that would have made a mother blush. Turning on his heel and holding up a finger towards Miss Feng to wait a moment, the armored adjutacant blasted the man square in the mouth, sealing his yap again. Turning back to the unperturbed reporter, Bee-Keeper just meandered on, "Zzeriouzzly lame."

"But what motivates you? You said it just felt right a minute ago; what does that mean, exactly, for you as a superhero?" Amy asked calmly, her professional demeanor never faltering even for a second even as Baxter awkwardly pushed a number of her questions to one side.

"It'zz like thizz: everyone needzz zzomeone to lend a hand now and zzhen, and not everyone can do zzhat when zzhat zzomeone izz beeing mugged at gunpoint. I don't like to admit it, but the zzity is zztill pretty dangerouzz, even with all the zzuperheroezz all over the plazze," extrapolated the Bee-Keeper, fanning a hand towards the half-dozen crooks still bound in solvent along the gravel and bullet-case laiden ground. "If zzomeone can do zzomething about it, it'zz their rezzponzzibility to take charge. Thizz izz our home, too, y'know? I'd want it to be kept nizze and zzafe."

The newswoman seemed content with this response, nodding her head softly as her lips furled inwards in thought. After a moment, she returned to her curious ways, flipping off the recorder and fishing out another one. Where she kept them all and how many she had was a mystery Bee-Keeper didn't particularly feel like considering at the moment, given the already awkward position he'd found himself in. In the distance, the suit's enhanced receptors were beginning to pick up the telltale sound of sirens; the police were finally arriving on the scene, but Miss Feng didn't yet seem to notice.

"So it's about keeping the city safe for you. How long have you lived in--"

"All my life." There was no hesitation. No sense of concern for revealing that little tidbit. If anything, the Bee-Keeper seemed almost proud to let the woman know he'd always been here; maybe not as a hero, but a presence nonetheless. This time, it is Amy Feng who stumbled in her words, the young latino man behind the camera urging her to continue silently as she quickly recomposed herself.

"Having lived here your whole life, which part of Freedom City do you think needs the presence of heroes the most?" the sporty woman inquired, using a free hand to push a wayward strand of hair from her face and back into the bun she'd made for herself. The Bee-Keeper pondered for a moment, the sirens growing increasingly louder in the helmet. Pretty soon the cops would be here, and despite the scene displayed, Baxter wasn't quite ready to risk being arrested for being a suspected super-villain.

"Dunno. It'zz hard to zzay, really. Juzzt like in the comiczz, not all crime izz, y'know, vizzible. You alwayzz gotta be vigilant! Keep an eye open and bee prepared for the worzzt," Bee-Keeper hummed, waggling a finger skywards as though he were making some sort of profound point. "Beesidezz, it'zz probably better to keep the whole zzity zzafe than juzzt focuzz on one zzpot."

"What about crime in particular? Is there any specific sort you should keep a lookout for more than any other?" This question, like many others the woman in the blue blouse had asked him, hit the Bee-Keeper rather soundly in the noggin. It wasn't something he could just hastily answer; but right now, with the FCPD closing in on the scene - as evidenced by Amy Feng's sidelong glance towards the originating sounds - he was strapped for time.

"All of it'zz important to bee ready for. Duh," Baxter responded, giving the woman a small laugh in turn. "Look, uh, thizz'zz been great and all, but I really gotta get going. No offenzze, but, y'know, plazzezz to bee, zzting of juzztizze to beeliver. Zzhat whole zzhing."

"Wait!" cried Feng, just as the Bee-Keeper began his ascent. Stuck in mid-air, the techno-powered teen spun around in place, looking back down upon the female inquisitor. "I just have one final question! Last time, you flew off before I got a chance to ask you anything. Why didn't you just leave this time?"

There is a quiet moment; at least as quiet as it gets when policemen are careening your way in an open area. But finally, the Bee-Keeper uttered three simple words before flying off into the horizon...

"You zzaid pleazze."

• 3 months later...

>Leave Only Wreckage (April 1st, 2012 - Finished): While visiting the Hunter Museum of Natural History to prepare for a paper, the Bee-Keeper - alongside Silver Spider and Starlight - is accosted by a band of super-powered brigands bent on stealing a bizarre Canopic jar. While the trio failed to protect the jar, they at least managed to thwart the madman known as Sirocco.

>Bee-nevolence (June 23rd, 2012 - Finished): A fire at the Lacrenza Apartments in the Fens sees the Bee-Keeper leap into action. During the fiery events, he meets the King of Suits, Blue Jay, and Jubatus for the first time as the ensemble cast of heroes rescue the trapped citizens from an incendiary doom.

>The Espadas School: Helping Hand-to-Hand (Unknown Date - Unresolved): Tired of flailing his arms at villains when such things were necessary, Baxter enrolls himself within the Espadas School of Self-Defense in hopes of picking up a few melee pointers from Erik Espadas.

>Bee Good & You Will Bee Lonesome (August 10th, 2012 - Finished): After an awkward case of mistaken identity by Fleur de Joie and a brawl with money golems in the First National Bank, the Bee-Keeper III is transported by Fleur to Sanctuary where she helps to smooth over his otherwise rough start as an aspiring hero.

>Dynamite & Laser Beams (September 29th, 2012 - Finished): A heist at the Bayview Branch of the First National Bank takes a turn for the weird when it turns out it's being robbed by a bunch of rent-a-thugs... and a giant mechanical wasp that shoots lasers! On the ropes, the timely intervention of Red Moon sees the Bee-Keeper and the undead Martian successful in both liberating the hostages and defeating the criminals behind the bank robbery, though not without a few bruises. Though victorious in their endeavor, the nature of the theft still eluded them. Where did that giant metal wasp come from? And, more importantly, why was it so intent on that single lockbox?

>Shocking Developments* (November 28th, 2012 - Finished): After an awkward short-circuiting during a warehouse fracas with mobsters, a paper-bag wearing Bee-Keeper III meets Voltage for the first time, where the two discuss gizmo-related hullabaloo whilst the teen-genius tinkers with, repairs, and upgrades the suit into that of a lean, mean, shock-proof machine. Though calling themselves might be a bit of a stretch, the camaraderie is certainly there, with Baxter having found someone to count on for the first time in regards to troubleshooting.

>Re-Gifting* (December 6th, 2012 - Finished): On patrol, the Bee-Keeper III spies trouble on the horizon as a high-tech group of bandits begin ransacking the Dawes' Tech Campus. Teaming up with Jessica "Ironclad II" Parker, the two manage to thwart the attempted theft and make off with a hard drive stored within one of the downed attack saucers. After tracing the signal to a secret underwater base, Bee-Keeper and Ironclad soon discover the depths of the attempted theft: Sky-Lord was attempting to find a cure for Negator, only to have the powerful foe go rogue and destroy his base. Through teamwork and their own impressive firepower, the duo managed to thwart Sky-Lord's plans of harnessing Negator as a weapon, and bring the damaged Negator -- a man suffering from his own powers -- back for medical help and quarantine. Afterwards, Baxter and Jessica hit the town.

>Bumble Rumble* (December 8th, 2012 - Finished): During a trip to the Midtown Mall in an endeavor to relax, Baxter and Corbin are met with a strange sight: wasp-themed ninjas! For the first time, Bee-Keeper III and Cobalt Templar tag-team, suplex, and uppercut their way through an odd array of sumo-wrestlers, sword-swinging loons, and knife-flinging mooks, all while striving to keep the numerous visitors safe from harm during the comically over-the-top brawl. In the end, the two heroes victorious, the remaining ninjas disappear without a trace, not even a word spoken amongst them or why they'd attacked them. Baxter now hates ninjas forever. Seriously.

>Chaos, Steel, and Wolves* (January 10th, 2012 - Finished): When high-end pieces of technology begin going missing from high-profile tech companies, Bee-Keeper III, Dragonfly, Fenris and Ironclad II team up to hunt down the culprits and put a stop to their machinations. After locating their base of operations beneath a derelict warehouse, the ladies and Fenris are quick to suss out the true nature of the stolen parts: they're building a giant death laser! After thwarting an army of deathbots and the android-esque masterminds behind the heist, the three (sans Dragonfly) form a battlesuit-based team for the good of Freedom City.

>Beenevolent Benediction* (January 10th, 2012 - Finished): After thwarting a robbery at a local Go-Mart in the West End with the help of Gabriel, the two have a heartfelt discussion on why the Bee-Keeper III chose to become a hero in lieu of continuing the prestigious villainous legacy laid down before him. They also discuss the notion of the Wasp-themed occurrences in the city, and the equally odd fact that the Bee-Keeper was present at each incident.

>Time & Chance* + >Even Angels Fall* (Day of Wrath Arc, January 15th, 2012 - Finished): In the advent of a shootout between gangbangers and mobsters in the Fens, Bee-Keeper III, Velocity, Silver Spider, and Jubatus team-up to put an end to the violent crimes. Unfortunately, the Bee-Keeper had more... permanent method, violently murdering dozens of criminals in a storm of robotic bees, whilst seriously injuring Jubatus and Silver Spider, all in tandem with dozens of other heroes across Freedom City. Thanks to the quick thinking of Velocity and the timely intervention of Fleur de Joie, the two managed to trick the Bee-Keeper III -- now outted as a robotic double of the real Bee-Keeper III, whom had been replaced weeks beforehand -- into surrendering information back at HAX under the guise of escaping the Freedom League's response. During the inquiry, however, the Bee-Keeper Bot explodes violently on the cusp of revealing the machinations of the Curator's scheme.

>Test Site I, >Test Site II, >Test Site III, >This Was a Triumph [Outside] & >This Was a Triumph [inside] (Day of Wrath Arc, Late December 2012 to Mid January, 2013 - Finished): While the events of the Day of Wrath are unfolding, Bee-Keeper III, Blue Jay, Harrier, Jill O'Cure, and Wander awake on a desolate rendition of Freedom City -- different, yet wildly similar. After a rough first meeting, the ensemble cast agree to work together to survive this new, inhospitable world torn asunder. While there, they meet Dr. Stratos, clearly insane and belligerent, as they uncover the truth: that they'd been replaced with murderous doppelgangers! During their stay, they find a way up to the Curator's command hub, and are eventually met by a passing Lor Patrol Ship that had picked up the Curator's beacon -- or, rather, lack thereof. With a fleet of warships hot on their trail, the hodgepodge team manages to save the ship from crashing into the numerous "worlds" collected by the Curator below, and are eventually rescued by Midnight II, Dragonfly, and their associates after the crisis had been averted. The events, however, left the Bee-Keeper with doubts about his heroic aspirations, leading him to rethink his priorities... and potential early retirement.

>The Talk (January 23rd, 2013 - Unresolved): Following the Day of Wrath, Jessica Parker -- aka Ironclad II -- seeks out Baxter Bowles, only to discover that the two had never actually met. Over the course of their meeting, they discuss what's to become of them, what had transpired in his absence with his robotic double, and Baxter's own doubts about his superheroic career.

*Note: 

These threads didn't actually star the Bee-Keeper III. Rather, the part of Baxter was played by Robo!Bee-Keeper III, a Curator doppelganger sent to infiltrate and wreak havoc on Freedom City.

Edited by SpicyWaffle