A good school play

Cyrith

So, I'm thinking of a campaign to do at Claremont, and this is what I've come up with. It's time for the school play, parts have been(or are being) cast, and the show is starting. So far so good. Then Quirk shows up. He doesn't think the play is accurate enough, and the actors are soooooo fake. So he decides to send them into the setting of the play for real, so that they can study up on how the part is done. Any suggestions for which play we should do?

So, I'm thinking of a campaign to do at Claremont, and this is what I've come up with. It's time for the school play, parts have been(or are being) cast, and the show is starting. So far so good. Then Quirk shows up. He doesn't think the play is accurate enough, and the actors are soooooo fake. So he decides to send them into the setting of the play for real, so that they can study up on how the part is done. Any suggestions for which play we should do?

My last play/musical was an original musical version of Much Ado About Nothing.

Anything by Shakespeare would supply a sufficient amount of combat, death, romance, other heroic stuff . . . particularly any of his more "fantastical" stuff.

My last play/musical was an original musical version of Much Ado About Nothing.

Anything by Shakespeare would supply a sufficient amount of combat, death, romance, other heroic stuff . . . particularly any of his more "fantastical" stuff.

This is true, however I have an issue with using Shakespeare. First and foremost his plays are very well known, so the idea of being trapped in the unknown is significantly lessoned. It seems most everyone has read or seen at least 2 of his plays. I'd like to do something a little less common, but with some of the same elements. Maybe something like Arabian Nights.

This is true, however I have an issue with using Shakespeare. First and foremost his plays are very well known, so the idea of being trapped in the unknown is significantly lessoned. It seems most everyone has read or seen at least 2 of his plays. I'd like to do something a little less common, but with some of the same elements. Maybe something like Arabian Nights.

I was in Little Shop of Horrors in college. Flesh eating plants, masochistic dentists and angry plant store owners... Eek! The dangers!

Well.. probably not what you were looking for. :)

Hehe - not to mention the singing!

They all sound good. Arabian Nights could be very interesting, especially with some artistic lisence, just to keep the players on edge.

I was Hero. :D

Awesome! :) I've always wanted to to 'Much Ado', but the Shakespeare company I was with didn't do it while I was with them. One day though. Next time you do it, let me know and I'll come and audition :D

I was in Little Shop of Horrors in college. Flesh eating plants, masochistic dentists and angry plant store owners... Eek! The dangers!

Well.. probably not what you were looking for. :)

Hehe - not to mention the singing!

They all sound good. Arabian Nights could be very interesting, especially with some artistic lisence, just to keep the players on edge.

I was Hero. :D

Awesome! :) I've always wanted to to 'Much Ado', but the Shakespeare company I was with didn't do it while I was with them. One day though. Next time you do it, let me know and I'll come and audition :D

Ok, I think I'm gonna go with Arabian Nights. I need to reread some of the stories to really come up with this, but I should still have the book somewhere. Any refs interested in administering the game? And of course players interested in playing.

Ok, I think I'm gonna go with Arabian Nights. I need to reread some of the stories to really come up with this, but I should still have the book somewhere. Any refs interested in administering the game? And of course players interested in playing.

I keep thinking "The King in Yellow"... but we would want the PCs to be coming back, right? ;)

I've acted in roles for No, No, Nanette (the Roaring 20's, and part is in Atlantic city), Much Ado About Murder (which has oodles of Shakespeare in it), and Rebel Without A Cause (rebellious teens in the 1950s, good for a Claremont High gang).

I've helped on productions for Dracula, Little Shop of Horrors, Pirates of Penzance, and Brigadoon (a disappearing Scottish village).

I keep thinking "The King in Yellow"... but we would want the PCs to be coming back, right? ;)

I've acted in roles for No, No, Nanette (the Roaring 20's, and part is in Atlantic city), Much Ado About Murder (which has oodles of Shakespeare in it), and Rebel Without A Cause (rebellious teens in the 1950s, good for a Claremont High gang).

I've helped on productions for Dracula, Little Shop of Horrors, Pirates of Penzance, and Brigadoon (a disappearing Scottish village).

I think that would work very well. As a note, I'm taking a heavy school load right now, so this may be slow in coming together. If you have any idea's, feel free to PM them, or post them here, I'm still online a good bit. Though I'll be out of contact most of this weekend.

I think that would work very well. As a note, I'm taking a heavy school load right now, so this may be slow in coming together. If you have any idea's, feel free to PM them, or post them here, I'm still online a good bit. Though I'll be out of contact most of this weekend.

• 1 year later...