Magic Thread Event Proposal

Okay, this is a BIG idea, and if it happens the way I want it to, it'll involve a lot of characters. Here's a summary below;

Far away, in an alternate universe, a world has just entered it's first real period of peace in hundreds of years. A collection of six powerful magical artifacts known as the Arms of the Perfect Warlord were collected for banishment. They had been the impetus for nearly every war in centuries, and the people of the world agreed; they must be eliminated. So it was decided to banish them into an alternate universe, forever sealed away so that none could ever use their terrible power again!

...Except the spell didn't work right. It was supposed to send the Armor of the Perfect Warlord to an uninhabited corner of another universe, but it didn't work. Instead, it landed in the Earth Prime universe...and on Earth Prime. Drawn to Earth Prime's magical energy, the artifacts landed throughout the world.

Now, some of the greatest magical forces on Earth Prime scramble to gather these powerful artifacts, hoping to use, destroy or banish them for good.

Here's the details;

Who Is This For: Any magical heroes of any power level. Even if your character isn't magical, if you think they'd have a good enough reason to participate, throw your hat in. It could also involve any number of magical villains, or others, trying to exploit the situation.

What Would it involve: Several coordinated threads throughout Freedom City and the world beyond involving numerous heroes.

Where Would it Go: Lots of possible places, anywhere on Earth Prime is a possible location.

Why Would You Get Involved: The entire magical community of the board's heroes could be involved, enabling some PCs to meet their magical fellows. In addition, the artifacts are usable, and characters may get a chance to use them temporarily.

How I'm planning to do this: I'd like to get a group of experienced GMs to coordinate efforts to make this a thing. I'm prepared to run it as a single thread, with a single team if necessary.

Ideally, this would be an Event style situation, with a lot of heroes, and several of threads. I haven't seen a big Event yet in my time here, and I think that this idea has potential.

Due to the nature of this idea, please don't volunteer to play unless you're pretty sure you'll be able to finish it.

The Artifacts

The Arms of the Perfect Warlord is divided into six pieces; a helmet, a breastplate, a cape, a pair of boots, a pair of gauntlets, and a sword. They have the following effects;

Helm of the Perfect Strategist The Helm empowers the mind of the wearer, making them smarter, more perceptive, and more influential. It also grants tactical insight, enabling the wearer to act as an experienced commander. It also bypasses all language barriers, enabling the wearer to communicate with anyone.

Cuirass of the Perfect Defender The cuirass grants superhuman endurance, enabling the wearer to withstand powerful blows. In addition, it grants the wearer the power to fly.

Cape of the Perfect Spy The cape grants the user the power to hide from sight, in addition, it allows the wearer to teleport hundreds of miles. The cape is also capable of moving on command, acting as an extra hand for the wearer

Gauntlets of the Perfect Vanguard These magical gauntlets augment the wearer's strength to an amazing degree, enabling them to lift massive weight and strike with incredible force

Sword of the Perfect Soldier This enchanted blade can cut through any armor and can launch arcs of magical energy. In addition, merely holding the sword grants the wielder the skill to wield it.

Boots of the Perfect Scout These magical boots grant the wearer superhuman speed, enabling them to run and react far faster than any human being can.

Conclusion

If you think this sounds interesting and would like to play, please post which character you want to participate and, if you wish, which artifact you'd like your character to end up going after. If you'd like to help me GM this, please post here AND send me a PM with any ideas, suggestions or thoughts you may have.

Silver Spider could be handy for one of the threads, magical she isn't but she is peak-human smart... Having one of the toys show up in the middle of some field research/testing would be fun. Suddenly she has a mage-villain and her own haywire tech to fight off.

Wisp on the other hand could be tagging along with either Crow or Changeling (assuming Quinn or Aoiroo get involved).

Ill throw Rene in, of course!

A few opinions / suggestions / thoughts.

1. Holy McGuffin! I think you are over stretching the amount of McGuffins here. By all means aim big, but aim managable too. I admit I am not the best person in the world for co ordinating massive events, but I would suggest you reflect on exactly how big you can go. Threads often fail, better run something you are confident will end than something bigger that is 50/50...?

2. This looks like a job for the Parkhurst Hotel crew in some shape or form.

3. Even if they aren't going to directly thread, events this big would need to reference some of the major mages on this site like Changeling, Nick, and Equinox. And, for that matter, Eldritch!

4. I would pm the refs about this as its a major event.

5. Normally I would offer my limited GM skills, but this and the next month (and possibly even September) are going to be very busy for me, as I am moving house. If I can help, I will, but a man's gotta know his limitations...

6. Good on you for doing this!

Weirdly all my character have something to do with magic in one way or enough, though collecting magical artifacts is more Blodeuwedd's forte. I might even be tempted to help out and GM something, if nobody better come along, though I'd like to hear a little more of what you have planned.

I'd like to play with Changeling, here's some things to consider, quick questions. 1. How many threads with how many players in each one? Who are they facing, the magical community is HUGE, lots of canon and site NPCs would get in on this, lots of villains. 2. How long is this gonna last, big events like this will take months, or a year or longer just because of how much is involved, a lot of people might lose interest, or flat out disappear before a lot of the story can finish. 3. What's the end game? Is there a big villain to end this with, or organization, where would the mcgruffins go at the end of all this, heck how would everyone get them together in hte first place.

First, I would like to thank everyone who's posted so far! Even if it doesn't get any bigger, that's still six magical heroes, enough to run one big thread or two slightly smaller ones, and continue the event from there. Now, to answer questions from Aoiroo;

1) At most five players per thread. If there are enough people to justify it, a thread for each piece along with a finale thread or threads to finish it off. I am planning on making the items harder or easier to acquire to suit the situation.

2) A month or two is ideal, even if I have to split the threads so that nothing slows down too bad.

3) It depends, really. Maybe someone gets a hold of all six and the characters have to take them down? Maybe the collective of characters decides to banish the items? Maybe they divide the items? It largely depends on what happens. Basically, I have two end games; a success end game, in which the characters manage to gain control of all six (at which point they decide how to deal with them) OR a failure end game, in which a villain gets their hands on all six and have to be taken down.

I do have a plan as to what happens if someone gets all six. I'm not choosing to reveal it just yet, because it will be a bigger payoff if I hold off. I will just say that letting ANYONE get their hands on all six is a Bad Idea.

You could make it work by starting with one, then keeping it going if more than one crops up...

Both my characters could work, though... there is some extra trouble that could crop up regarding Kit's backstory and her former guardian going after the Cape of the Perfect Spy, but that may require a fair bit of hijacking of plot that may be unwelcome.