To Be or Not To Be - Stolen!

"We've got company on the way, pair o' guards packing some non-standard firearms of some kind, and they'll be here in a tick."

Once Imposter does his fade out, Faye starts chewing her lower lip. "Nice. I can take care of the rest of us, if ye keep yerself close, Ghost." She holds her hands over her head, fingers writhing, and the world seems to pull itself around the pair of them, a seamless visual illusion wrapping their bodies and erasing them from sight. Her voice hangs in the air when she speaks. "There, much better. Dryad, any reaction our little rumpus out there?"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dryad yawned in complete boredom. She knew that racing in there, thorning all whom oppose her then fleeing isn't good, especially since a few of their group weren't combatants. However, when you have extreme power like she did, you generally wanting to be using it. When Red Queen asked her something, Dryad flicked the radio on.

"Nothing apart from my temper and patience reaching overload. The Forest is nice, but if I'm to be used as a mere Guard Dog than you can find a dog. Now do something before I decide I work solo!" Dryad yelled.

Ghost frowned at Dyrad's outburst on the raido. "Sure Red Queen. If you can do anything, I'll stick with you."

He moves next to Red Queen, ready to follow her lead.

Faye frowned herself. "The natives are gettin' restless, though I can't says I blame her meself. Right, come on, without a sound."

Moving as quietly as she is able, she attempts to close the distance to the guards as quickly as possible, eager to have this job done with and be back outside. Unseen to human eyes, her fingers flex in anticipation of the fight to come.

Ghost winces at Red Queen's attempts at silence. 'Man, I see she's used to 'porting everywhere.' Ghost moves as silently as he can, but knows that it only takes noise from one of them to alert the guards.

'Lady Fortune, don't turn your back on my now.'

The Ghost stayed as loose as possible, looking around the area to determine what kind of objects he had to work with if things turned ugly.

The sound of the guards walking toward them stops for a moment, and they can hear muted whispers that sound most like "Did you just hear something in there?" The footsteps resume, more slowly and the beams of light criss-cross the exhibits. Imposter's blurred form is passed over without a pause, but both the Ghost and the Red Queen's hiding places were less well-chosen. As one, the guards reach for their walkie-talkies.

"They're here," they say in unison unintentionally. While they haven't yet said where here is, one or both should figure out their oversight quickly enough.

Ghost frowned as he saw the guards' reaction. 'Just my luck for working with others,' he thinks as he notices a large display by one of the guards.

The display, a large replica of a Python, wrapped in the branches of a tree. The display was a favorite of the kids to visit the museum since it was fairly open to the public. Though the snake itself was too high to touch, the plastic tree was in easy reach of even the smallest visitors to the musuem. It was one of the first displays put up in the musuem on opening day and had seen thousands of hands reach out and rub its base. Over the years, the constant rubbing had slowly worn down the strength of the tree. When the car crashed into the entrance during a previous robbery attempt, a small crack appeared exactly in the weakened area.

Now with The Ghost's ability to warp probability, that crack just could no longer support the weight above it any longer. The weakened portion caved in, sending the large tree towards the nearby guard. It came down so suddenly, that the guard had little time to react before being hit.

The radio crackles, "Where are you? Report!" One guard fumbles with his radio and says, "Near the snakes," while the other one draws his sidearm (which looks like a taser, not a gun) and trains it on the man. Who says chivalry isn't dead?

That guard, coincidentally enough, has a large plastic tree fall on him. It bounces off him, leaving him unharmed, and breaks his concentration enough that he fires it squarely at the Ghost.

The Ghost is amazed at how the guard seeming manages to avoid the falling tree. 'He must have Lady Fortune looking out for him as well!'

When the taser flies unerringly towards ghost, he realizes that his thoughts were most likely true. The electric pulse flows through his body. The charge is strong enough to cause the villain to shake uncontrollably. Luckily, his own abilites continued to function even through the stunning attack.

Smoke rises from the man's chest, dead center. He looks down, and shakingly raises up a cross necklace. The rest of his uniform - including a concealed vest - was burnt away. He takes another look around and sees one guard who just attacked his partner, as well as the one that was hit with the taser, and the one who shot him. Since Ghost is already shaking off the taser's electricity, he's definitely outnumbered. He shouts into the walkie-talkie, "Officer down! Falling back!" and runs away from the villains. They're alone for now, but it sounds like nearly every guard is converging on their position from the faint echoes through the museum.

Both villains outside see the young heroes approaching before they hear them. Considering the speed that the two are traveling, that's no surprise. The sonic boom trails behind the two of them as they stop near the museum's entrance.

"Megastar, how many did they say were in there?" Bolt asks.

"It sounded like more than one. Meg says we should wait here for Seven and Nereid, just in case," Megastar answers. Bolt blows out a raspberry.

"Pfft, right, like I'm going to let a couple of villains with no brains run amuck in the museum again," he says. He zooms forward near the entrance, and suddenly slows down right in front of the doors.

"Hey, what gives?" he says. "I can't move. Well, I can move, but not fast." Megastar tilts his head and answers "Must be part of the museum defenses. They were putting something up to keep folks from teleporting around. Daedalus helped them with it."

Bolt gives him a look, seeming to question how he knew that. Megastar shrugs and says, "I had to do a report on current events for science class. Guess it worked out." Bolt chuckles, "So that's why you asked my dad if you could talk with Daedalus. Did you get an A?"

While the two heroes talk near the front, one of the pairs of guards (the same one that Dryad was trying to speak to) is opening up the double doors.

At this point Imposter leans down next to the guard touching the side of his face morphing him into an image of someone he thought would look like a villain. The guard now appeared to be a muscular villain in spandex and a cape knocked out on the ground. Having done that though would release Dryad of her disguise, but he figured at this point the cat's out of the bag...she seems like she can handle a few guards..

Immediatly after morphing the guard into some villain, Imposter grabbed the knocked out guards taser gun and laid on the ground as if he were the "Officer Down" That was called out across the radio...

---------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile with Collateral outside, he calls out to Dryad... "Dryad, NOW!" as he comes out from the side of the museum with his force field up and ready to start some trouble..

At this point Imposter leans down next to the guard touching the side of his face morphing him into an image of someone he thought would look like a villain. The guard now appeared to be a muscular villain in spandex and a cape knocked out on the ground. Having done that though would release Dryad of her disguise, but he figured at this point the cat's out of the bag...she seems like she can handle a few guards..

Immediatly after morphing the guard into some villain, Imposter grabbed the knocked out guards taser gun and laid on the ground as if he were the "Officer Down" That was called out across the radio...

The Ghost nodded in quiet approval even as the effects of the taser had begun to wear off. "RQ, let's get to the merchandise!" The villain ran towards the stairs, knowing that it would lead them to the prize of the night. Ghost didn't wait to see if Red Queen would follow or not as he knew that time was against them and even Lady Fortune had little power over time.

"RQ, let's get to the merchandise!"

The Queen nods tersely and follows right on his Ghost's heels, eager to get the stones and get out of town; maybe Lisbon or Saint-Tropez would be a nice place to relax until the heat dies down...

Collateral hovers slightly above the ground, following Dryad towards the two members of Next-Gen. He moves to the plant-woman's left, giving him a clear shot at Megastar. The magnetic fields strike the muscular teenager, who doubles over in pain.

Bolt leans back as a thorny vine just misses him, then looks over to where the two villains have emerged from. "Don't worry, Megastar; I'll tell the others to hurry." He darts off towards downtown, then returns just as fast as he came, looking at the two villains. Deciding which one to attack isn't easy, but the one who tried to attack him - she made it personal. He lets loose a bolt of electricity at Dryad, striking her in the legs.

Dryad isn't harmed by Bolt's lightning, and it doesn't even slow her down. Bolt glances over to Megastar, who straightens himself up as he looks over to the man who hit him with a surprise attack.

"You'll regret that," he says, sounding like he just had the wind knocked out of him a moment ago. He holds his fists up, ready to defend himself against Collateral.

Meanwhile, Dryad screams at Bolt, who reaches up and covers his ears at supersonic speed. He lowers them and shakes his index finger at her. "Ah ah ah," he says. "That's not very nice."

MEANWHILE BACK INSIDE....

The Ghoststopped next to the eskimo display, holding up his hand to stop Red Queen from proceeding. "Hang on a second, RQ. There's a camera just over there. It'll take a few seconds before we get a clear shot to proceed. Normally, I'd just walk by the stupid thing, but," Ghost stopped and looked Red Queen up and down before smiling, "you don't have my luck."

Ghost turned back to watch the camera. It had been a long time since he had to actually watch the movements of a camera to avoid detection that he almost walked right passed this one. If it hadn't been for the soft sound of Red Quessn's breath behind him, he would never have had remembered she was there. 'She's actually pretty good. Though I've got my doubts about that black space of hers. Gave me the creeps.'

Just thinking of the strange space that RQ had but him in caused a shiver through his body. He knew little about magic but knew it was one of the reasons why his luck had changed so much. Whatever that mage did to him had changed his life in ways Ghost couldn't imagine. Still waiting for the camera to cycle by, Ghost again turned to Red Queen.

"So," he began in a soft voice, "what was that black space you had us in earlier? I've got to say it gave me the creeps. Don't let the kid know that though. Got to protect my image."

"So," he began in a soft voice, "what was that black space you had us in earlier? I've got to say it gave me the creeps. Don't let the kid know that though. Got to protect my image."

Faye sighs deeply; she feels bad for what she's about to do, but this op has been a nightmare from the get-go; she drops the illusion and appears beside Ghost with an unhappy look on her face.

"That space is a little pocket dimension I was given access to, and it's as black as me heart, truth to tell"

The redhead smiles ruefully.

"I hate to do this to ye, boyeen, but yer on yer own now; this little game just isn't worth it. Mind you don't turn yer back on that Dryad, she's off her chump, she is."

Faye leans over and kisses him softly on the cheek.

"Take care, now."

Suddenly she makes a quick series of gestures, a portal forms beneath her feet, and she drops out of sight like a magician's lovely assistant through a trapdoor.

Ghost watched as Red Queen disappeared. His mouth dropped open in surprise but after a moment, he shook it and turned his attention back to the job. 'Figures it would be a bad thing to do a job with other super powered people. Keep it simple and things should go smoothly!'

Ghost looked at the camera and smiled. 'At least now, I don't have to wait around for cameras to clear by. I can move normally.' With that thought, Ghost moved boadly towards the stairs that led to the second floor and his goal.

While the battle rages outside, the Ghost begins to make his way through the museum. One time, he's nearly caught by a guard running towards the perimeter, but the guard was not paying close attention to what (or who) is inside the building, and he runs right past the stealthy thief.

The ground shakes once, then twice, giving the Ghost the first indication that something else is going on around the museum. But he has made it to his prize - the gems which he sought. Now, it's just a matter of getting past the security.

The Ghost moved quickly to the display case holding the priceless collection of diamonds. He stood for a moment simply marvelling at the variety of the stones. He had never really seen many diamonds, perfering to deal with art pieces more than stones, but this still took his breath away.

The diamonds were stored in three different cases. Each case held a third of the stones, arranged in a pattern to show off the variety in colors. Each case had a mixture of the larger stones as well as the smaller ones. From the research he had done on the internet before coming here, The Ghost knew that not all of the diamonds had a high value. In fact, most of the diamonds were fairly of medicore value. The true value of the diamonds came from having the complete spectrum of colors that they gave off. Selling the stones would hardly make him a profit as Ghost knew that he would have to split up the collection to avoid alerting the police.

'Let's see. Red Queen split on me, Imposter is doing who knows what downstairs, and outside Collateral and Dyrad are doing who knows what. There's nothing stopping me from taking the complete collection for myself!'

Ghost walked around the three cases checking for the security device protecting the diamonds. 'Now, what would they have on hand to keep little old me from getting my precious treats? Pressure plate? Naw, that would be too feeble for a collection like this. Laser beam alarm? Could be. Better blow some dust around to make sure.'

The Ghost lowered his backpack and took out his duster. The pack held his 'working tools' and this is just the type of voice he was made for!