To Be or Not To Be - Stolen!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imposter nods "oh ok, is that how that thing works?" And took a dive straight in not knowing what was about to happen.

Imposter plunges head first into the same reddish void in which Ghost now tumbles, and sees the clothing, suitcases and ammo boxes drifting by as well. A bolt of lightening passes right through the young man's head, but to no more affect than someone taking a flash photo (stars in his eyes for a few moments).

Outside, Faye uses her ESP to find a spot inside the museum without any guards or cameras visible, and gets ready to port inside; she smiles at how things are back on track for this little job. "Slick as ye please, lads."

Inside the dimensional pocket, everything dims. It feels like the universe just sneezed, and some of the things floating around begin to clump together, like they're magnets attracting one another. Neither of the people inside feel a pull.

Outside the pocket, the Red Queen blinks out of existence, crossing the void to follow where her senses had been displaced. She re-appears... exactly where she began. Her spell failed, with no immediately obvious explanation as to why.

Inside the dimensional pocket, everything dims. It feels like the universe just sneezed, and some of the things floating around begin to clump together, like they're magnets attracting one another. Neither of the people inside feel a pull.

The ghost notes teh dimming light and the sudden change of motion with the other items in the area. "It seems, Imposter, that we are on our way." He quietly waits for Red Queen to reopen the area and free them. Thoughts of how he's going to spend his share of the loot float in his head.

'A new set of tools would be nice. High end materials of course. Maybe send a little to the police charity to make them feel good as well. They should get a kick out of that!'

Imposter quickly gets scared from the spell not working right away.."We should be in right now huh? Somethign doesnt seem right here." He said as you can see him look around nervously.

"What if they have nullifiers set up? We'd be sitting ducks man, this doesnt sit well with me..."

Ghost looked at the youngster and smiled. "Relax, Imposter. We don't know what is going on out there. When Red Queen is ready, she'll let us out. I doubt things are a sbad as you may think. Remember, Lady Fortune smiles on us." Ghost says in a very cheerful voice.

'Got to calm the kid down before he does something silly. Get him thinking about other things than being stuck in here.' The Ghost snapped his fingers and was surprised slightly that the sound was slightly off from the action.

"Hey, kid, you said you dropped out of school. Where were you going?"

Imposter still trying to maintain his composure looked around waiting for the way out to appear.

"School? Yeah I'm a Claremont kid. I just take time off for extracurricular activities..." then he glanced all around the dimensional space..

" HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! THERE'S PEOPLE STILL IN HERE! LET US OUT!!"

Imposter still trying to maintain his composure looked around waiting for the way out to appear.

"School? Yeah I'm a Claremont kid. I just take time off for extracurricular activities..." then he glanced all around the dimensional space..

" HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! THERE'S PEOPLE STILL IN HERE! LET US OUT!!"

Ghost frowned at Imposter's sudden outburst. "There's no need to yell, Imposter. I doubt she can hear you from in here anyway. Try to relax. It hasn't been that long since we've been in here."

It didn't work. Why didn't it work?

Faye feels cold sweat prickling on her palms as she activates her com. "Me spell didn't work, it's a no-go. They must have anticipated magic, teleportation or both, but we're not getting in that way. I'm open to all suggestions."

She feels a slight twinge of sympathy for the two men floating in her pocket, so she conjures it open and sticks in her head. "Sorry, lads, we've hit a snag; me portals won't allow us in, so you might want to step outside for some fresh air." She thrusts her hand through the hole and smiles encouragingly. "Just let yourself go, and you'll come to me hand in no time." Already, both men can feel a gentle tugging in her general direction.

Imposter very gladly exits the dimensional pocket breathing heavily from calustrophobia. "Ok so they planned for this...i hope they don't have any other surprises inside for us.." then his radio went off, it was Collateral.

" Are you guys inside yet?" Collateral asked. Imposter informed him of the spell not working and of possible teleportation or magic nullifiers that may be in place.

"Well Ghost, we can resort to the Plan B smash n' grab if you know a good entry way fairly close to the diamonds. I can tear you a whole somewhere in the building. Granted the alarm will go off but you'll have my and Dryad to hold off any distractions.."

Ghost steps out of the blackness and shivers. "It's a terribly interesting palce you got in there, Queen. You might want to put some chairs and some refreshments inside if you plan on moving people around like that again," he says with a smile.

Ghost listens to Collateral's message and turns to Imposter. "Tell him to hang a second. There may be a way inside the old fashion way."

Ghost moves up to teh wall of the building, looking it over carefully. He places his hand against the wall and slowly attempts to pass through.....

It feels different than the way that Ghost can normally pass through things. If a normal wall feels like moving through water, this is like pushing himself through Jell-O. He can still go through it, but there's much more resistance than what he's used to from his powers. When he's about halfway through with his face still in the wall, he knows that he can make it the rest of the way through before he loses his breath. Despite that, it's still disconcerting as he finally takes a breath on the other side, looking into an exhibit on reptiles of Southeast Asia.

Ghost stops just on the other side and takes a few deep breaths. 'That was harder than it should have been. What did they put on this place?'

Once his breathing is under control, Ghost looks about getting his bearings. 'Okay. Reptiles. Loading docks should be that way.'

Ghost takes a moment to ensur that his force field and concealment is still in place before moving quietly in the direction of the loading docks. He keeps his eyes open as he tries to find a way the others can enter from.

The Ghost's footfalls attract no attention from any guards, and he finds a place to hide behind one of the exhibits when a pair comes near to him. Try as he might, the only entrances that he can find near the loading docks are the emergency exits. They're presumably hooked up to an alarm system, and are certainly watched by cameras from one side or the other.

Outside of the museum walls, Ghost's entrance leaves a little more uncertainty. None of the others have received a report from him, though Imposter and the Red Queen did see him ooze his way through the wall.

Faye nervously checks in on the com. "We've got Ghost on the inside, waiting for him to crack a door; how are things out front, all things quiet?" She starts cracking her knuckles and flexing her fingers to keep them loose for any sudden spellcasting.

The Ghost's footfalls attract no attention from any guards, and he finds a place to hide behind one of the exhibits when a pair comes near to him. Try as he might, the only entrances that he can find near the loading docks are the emergency exits. They're presumably hooked up to an alarm system, and are certainly watched by cameras from one side or the other.

Outside of the museum walls, Ghost's entrance leaves a little more uncertainty. None of the others have received a report from him, though Imposter and the Red Queen did see him ooze his way through the wall.

The Ghost takes a look at the doors, not liking his options. 'Need to get that distraction after all.'

He moves to the wall again and takes another deep breath before moving back outside to rejoin the others.

Ghost steps out of the building and looks around for Red Queen and Imposter. It doesn'T take him long to find the two and he moves back to their side. "Found a door in, but it's got cameras as well as an alram on it. Inform Collateral that he's needed to take out the security system. Once that is done we can head in."

Collateral receives a radio call asking him to disrupt the security system. He dons his helmet steps out of the car and makes his way towards the side door. Giving a nod to each teammate as he arrives...

"If you have any electronic devices on you right now I highly suggest you shut them off right now", Then after seeming to draw upon some inner energy he erupts in a huge burst of electromagnetic frequency shorting out a few streetlights in the process.

"Allright have at it kids...the alarm system should be down. If that didnt work we'll have bigger on our hands anyways." as he stood aside to see if the alarm was deactivated....

The lights in the museum go out with Collateral's electromagnetic pulse. It looks like all of the electronics in the area near Collateral are out. Only a few seconds later, the group can hear a sort of rumbling noise, reminscent of a generator powering on. Even though the power is out now, it seems like it'll soon be back up again. The villains will have to move quickly if they want to take advantage of Collateral's EMP.

The Ghost moved quickly to the emergency exit that he found earlier, leading the others with him. Once he reaches the door, he quickly passes through it. Once he is on the other side, he pushes the door open to allow the others in. "Quick! Get inside beofre the power is back on. We've only got a few seconds to do this!"

Once everyone is in, Ghost closes the door and leads the group to an area he's sure is clear of cameras. "From here, getting to the diamonds shouldn't be too difficult. REd Queen, with your improved vision. check out our path and make sure it is clear of guards. Imposter, can you copy the guard you saw at the entrance? If we come across any other guards, it'll be up to you to bluff them long enough for us to move passed him."

Finished with the information and the plan, he waits to see if the two are ready before moving.

The power finishes coming back on. If the lights seem a little dimmer, it's probably just the group's imagination. After all, the only one of them who was inside beforehand was the Ghost, and he wasn't concentrating on that little detail.

The Red Queen's gaze extends forward. As she moves around the museum, she can see that there are several pairs of guards ready and on alert. They don't believe that the sudden power outage was mere happenstance. While they aren't carrying pistols, they all seem to have some sort of gun-shaped device at their waists, or in a few cases, already drawn.

She continues looking, and it's clear that some of them are conducting a perimeter search to see if anyone got in at their moment of weakness. One pair is heading towards the group, and they'll be there in a half minute's time.

Meanwhile, outside, nothing seems out of the ordinary. There's a vague sense of foreboding in the air. Suddenly, the reason for the unease becomes clear. They should hear more happening as a result of the EMP - ambulances, police sirens, or something like that. It's quiet still... too quiet.