To Be or Not To Be - Stolen!

With the radio call from Imposter and REd Queen being nearby, Ghost quietly calls out to her before moving carefully towards her. "Queen, here I am. Let's get to Imposter."

He looks over at the museum again checking for the position of the guards to see if he could get to the loading docks before they would see him.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the radio call from Imposter and REd Queen being nearby, Ghost quietly calls out to her before moving carefully towards her. "Queen, here I am. Let's get to Imposter."

The redheaded mercenary nods. "Right, so. I have just the thing." She crouches down, fingers twisted in odd configurations as she makes a few furtive gestures, and calls forth a paper-thin black disk about three feet across, edged in crimson light and floating about an inch above the ground. She points to the inky black center and jerks her head. "Right, in ye go, and don't touch anything that happens to drift within reach, or I'll have yer eyes out."

The redheaded mercenary nods. "Right, so. I have just the thing." She crouches down, fingers twisted in odd configurations as she makes a few furtive gestures, and calls forth a paper-thin black disk about three feet across, edged in crimson light and floating about an inch above the ground. She points to the inky black center and jerks her head. "Right, in ye go, and don't touch anything that happens to drift within reach, or I'll have yer eyes out."

The Ghost moves up to the disk and smiles at Red Queen. "Wouldn't even dream of it," he says as he enters the disk.

The Ghost moves up to the disk and smiles at Red Queen. "Wouldn't even dream of it," he says as he enters the disk.

The two guards look at Dryad strangely as she gives them a come-hither stare. They head away from the door, one of them pulling up his walkie-talkie and speaking into it. Neither of them appears to hear what comes over Dryad's radio, the glass blocking their hearing what is said outside as effectively as it blocks what is being said inside from those people still outside.

The two guards look at Dryad strangely as she gives them a come-hither stare. They head away from the door, one of them pulling up his walkie-talkie and speaking into it. Neither of them appears to hear what comes over Dryad's radio, the glass blocking their hearing what is said outside as effectively as it blocks what is being said inside from those people still outside.

Ghost feels a slight flutter in his stomach as he drops into a warm red glowing space without gravity, in which various objects tumble endlessly. Fashionable boots, antique books, long leather coats and large trunks drift past him, and whenever it seems as if they might collide, they harmlessly bounce out of each other's way without actually touching. But it's not all vintage clothing and reading material in here; a long metal case marked with stenciled Cyrillic hovers into view, and boxes of ammunition can be seen chasing each other in the distance. Reddish-white lightening darts here and there, but it does not shock or burn; a bolt of electricity as wide as his wrist shoots clear through Ghost's chest, but all he feels is a slight warm flush. It's hard to get a sense of scale, but the whole space seems to be about twenty yards across, in roughly every direction.

From the now somewhat distant side of the void (apparently he's drifted a bit himself), a smiling Red Queen pops her head through the hole, and when she speaks her voice carries easily across this odd pocket universe, though it is slightly muffled. "'Welcome to my parlor', and all that; back in a tick." And then she's gone, and the black disk contracts down to nothing and then disappears altogether.

- - - - -

Back in the outside world, Faye uses her visual magical projection to make sure she has Imposter's location down before porting over to the loading docks; once there, she hangs back in the shadows near the wall of the museum, and signals the shifter with a low whistle. "Over here, boyeen."

Ghost feels a slight flutter in his stomach as he drops into a warm red glowing space without gravity, in which various objects tumble endlessly. Fashionable boots, antique books, long leather coats and large trunks drift past him, and whenever it seems as if they might collide, they harmlessly bounce out of each other's way without actually touching. But it's not all vintage clothing and reading material in here; a long metal case marked with stenciled Cyrillic hovers into view, and boxes of ammunition can be seen chasing each other in the distance. Reddish-white lightening darts here and there, but it does not shock or burn; a bolt of electricity as wide as his wrist shoots clear through Ghost's chest, but all he feels is a slight warm flush. It's hard to get a sense of scale, but the whole space seems to be about twenty yards across, in roughly every direction.

From the now somewhat distant side of the void (apparently he's drifted a bit himself), a smiling Red Queen pops her head through the hole, and when she speaks her voice carries easily across this odd pocket universe, though it is slightly muffled. "'Welcome to my parlor', and all that; back in a tick." And then she's gone, and the black disk contracts down to nothing and then disappears altogether.

- - - - -

Back in the outside world, Faye uses her visual magical projection to make sure she has Imposter's location down before porting over to the loading docks; once there, she hangs back in the shadows near the wall of the museum, and signals the shifter with a low whistle. "Over here, boyeen."

Sammy looked about in the darkness. The area was strange yet not totally uncomfortable. 'What is this place,' he thought a he watched a bolt of electricity flashed in the distance. 'How does she keep this stuff in here?'

Sammy began swimming slightly trying to explore teh various items in the space while avoiding the random blasts of lightning that come close. He remembers RQ's warning about touching anything, so he limits his looks at visual inspections only. The floating nature of the environment allowed him to get a full 360 degree view of most of the items. Sammy was surprised at the large amount of ammo that floated by. 'What does she need so many bullets for anyway?'

The darkness and lack of a watch, causes Sammy to lose track of time. It felt as if hours had passed when it should have only been minutes.

Sammy looked about in the darkness. The area was strange yet not totally uncomfortable. 'What is this place,' he thought a he watched a bolt of electricity flashed in the distance. 'How does she keep this stuff in here?'

Sammy began swimming slightly trying to explore teh various items in the space while avoiding the random blasts of lightning that come close. He remembers RQ's warning about touching anything, so he limits his looks at visual inspections only. The floating nature of the environment allowed him to get a full 360 degree view of most of the items. Sammy was surprised at the large amount of ammo that floated by. 'What does she need so many bullets for anyway?'

The darkness and lack of a watch, causes Sammy to lose track of time. It felt as if hours had passed when it should have only been minutes.

Dryad waved a kind goodbye as she stepped out of their field of vision. Then her kind smile turns into one of rage.

"I want in, and pathetic mortals shouldn't stop me. But I am not that powerful to completely stand up to their technology yet! I hate their technology!" She hissed, her anger triggering her thorns to appear in her right arm. She quickly hid the arm behind her back and slowly calmed down, the thorns returning into her skin.

Suddenly, she noticed a spider on the wall, and pulled out her radio.

"I'm going in my own way. Don't worry, nobody will see me, well not me!" She giggled down the radio.

"Want me to explain? I possess this noble spider and sneak in through a crack in the wall. Either that or I go in as my normal form and cause a diversion."

Dryad waved a kind goodbye as she stepped out of their field of vision. Then her kind smile turns into one of rage.

"I want in, and pathetic mortals shouldn't stop me. But I am not that powerful to completely stand up to their technology yet! I hate their technology!" She hissed, her anger triggering her thorns to appear in her right arm. She quickly hid the arm behind her back and slowly calmed down, the thorns returning into her skin.

Suddenly, she noticed a spider on the wall, and pulled out her radio.

"I'm going in my own way. Don't worry, nobody will see me, well not me!" She giggled down the radio.

"Want me to explain? I possess this noble spider and sneak in through a crack in the wall. Either that or I go in as my normal form and cause a diversion."

Collateral is visibly angry sitting in the car watching Dryad completely ignore the plan they had agreed on prior to this job.

" Hey! If you want to stay in my forest, i highly suggest you stick to the plan! The less people inside the better chance we don't cause any alarm and if supers show up outside, how am i expected to hold them all off myself?! I don't feel like being tossed in lockdown because somebody doesnt feel like sticking to the plan!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Imposter in his guise as a security guard glances over to Red Queen and Ghost and sneaks towards theyre location and gives them a nod as he is ready to teleport in.

Collateral is visibly angry sitting in the car watching Dryad completely ignore the plan they had agreed on prior to this job.

" Hey! If you want to stay in my forest, i highly suggest you stick to the plan! The less people inside the better chance we don't cause any alarm and if supers show up outside, how am i expected to hold them all off myself?! I don't feel like being tossed in lockdown because somebody doesnt feel like sticking to the plan!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Imposter in his guise as a security guard glances over to Red Queen and Ghost and sneaks towards theyre location and gives them a nod as he is ready to teleport in.

As Imposter approaches her, Red Queen nods in return as she gets on the radio; though clearly irritated, she manages to keep most of the anger out of her voice. "Dryad, yer supposed to be on the outside team, dearie; if we need ye, we'll give a shout, I promise ye, but for now yer supporting Collateral for when the inevitable super-dupers come a-whisking out of the sky. Do ye copy that?"

She smiles and opens up her 'black hole' again at near ground level and indicates it with a nod. "Right, in ye go - Ghost'll be wanting some company 'round about now, I'd wager; once yer inside all snug, we'll just pop in for a bit of a look about, yeah?"

As Imposter approaches her, Red Queen nods in return as she gets on the radio; though clearly irritated, she manages to keep most of the anger out of her voice. "Dryad, yer supposed to be on the outside team, dearie; if we need ye, we'll give a shout, I promise ye, but for now yer supporting Collateral for when the inevitable super-dupers come a-whisking out of the sky. Do ye copy that?"

She smiles and opens up her 'black hole' again at near ground level and indicates it with a nod. "Right, in ye go - Ghost'll be wanting some company 'round about now, I'd wager; once yer inside all snug, we'll just pop in for a bit of a look about, yeah?"

A slight shifting in illumination draws Ghost's attention upwards - or was it dowards? He had gotten quite confused with orientation - and sees another bolt of blue lightning pass by.

"What is taking so long?" he says aloud just to hear his voice in the dark expanse. "We should be inside by now."

Collateral calls over the radio "You're not in yet? Well i know we didnt want it to go this way but give me the word and I'll rip the doors off for ya. But i think a good old fashioned smash and grab isn't what we want until we exhaust our options. Collateral out."

Faye's eyes go wide. "Wait, I'm just waiting for Imposter to get in me pocket, and then we're in, there's no need to change the plan!" She angrily jabs her finger at the dimensional disk. "Now get yer arse in there so I can do me jump!"