Sanctuary: Panacea (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GK's gonna try to clear the room a little while Gabriel's free of the line of fire and the grue were nice enough to bunch up a little.

He hits his shapeable area blast, DC21 Reflex / DC26/20 Toughness. For what it's worth, he does try to arrange things so that it hits as little as possible that isn't an enemy grue.

This is why I dislike shapable...

Ok I will have to make a call here....shapable is shapable, bot am area of effect which functions with selective built in. If you are goi no to hit the Grue, that effect will also whalop Gabriel.

I suppose you could reduce power rank and or get other targets in...I'll say this is the most efficient one.

Sorry this is a bit fudged, I can't really work this out without a tactical board map. It's a judgement based on the fact you guys are in a relatively limited space, and shapable is not selective.

Can you confirm you action based on that?

Hm - Gabriel took off for the ceiling. Is the ceiling low enough that GK can't avoid hitting him while still hitting the grue on the ground?

If GK can't hit one without hitting the other, I'll revise my action - GK isn't a friendly-fire kind of hero.

EDIT: Discussed this with Supercape! Going to go ahead and nix the area attack entirely, as there are tactically appropriate applications but not ones that GK would prefer to use. Stupid characters overriding my sense of math.

Rather than do a general area attack, he's gonna go ahead and play with an aspect of Autofire that doesn't see much use: multi-target attacks! He's going to aim for whatever three grue are unfortunate enough to be on his side of the let's-gang-up-on-Gabriel pile.

Ranged Attack Rolls vs. Grue 1, 2, 3 (3-target autofire blast; -3 multi-target penalty, +2 All-Out Attack) (1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2=21, 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2=30, 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2=26)

That middle attack is tempting! GK'll go ahead and cough up a hero point for Improved Critical this round, to make that a crit.

DC27 Tou saves for any Grue that got rocked - DC32 for the one that was unlucky enough to get a crit.

GK's down one hero point, and at -2 defense until his next turn.

Grue Captain is dazed, so cannot act this round. But he can regenerate! losing 1 bruise.

The Mutants can, however! at least - some of them! ;)

As Gabriel shifted his array last round, they also get will saves to shake off the fear from his emotion control. No 3 is KO'd of course!

1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=20, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=12, 1d20+8=25

1: Shaken, 2: Normal, 4: Normal (was normal anyway!), 5: Shaken, 6: Normal (was normal anyway), 7: Normal.

They will leap up to the relatively low ceiling as a move action, striking Gabriel again!

1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=20, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=12, 1d20+8=25

Nos 1 and 5 have a -2 penalty from the fear!

I forgot to add that no 1 and 2 are dazed!

no 6 hits, with criticals! no 8 only hits! - but, Gabriel is immune to criticals thanks to his armour! :)

Two DC 23 Toughness saves for Gabriel.

In addition, their claws have a poison effect, so two Nauseate attacks, DC 15 each.

Round 2

24 - Gabriel - 4 HP - Unharmed (?)

23 - Fleur - 4 HP - Unharmed

19 - Andriod Captain - Deactivated

14 - Giain Knight - 2 HP - Unharmed

5 - Grue Captain - Unharmed

5 - Grue Mutant 1 - Bruised, Shaken

5 - Grue Mutant 2 - Bruised

5 - Grue Mutant 4 - unharmed

5 - Grue Mutant 5 - Shaken

5 - Grue Mutant 6 - unharmed

5 - Grue Mutant 7 - unharmed

5 - Grue Mutant 8 - unharmed

And Gabriel is up again!

Shapeable is a little tricky in this room, but as Gabriel has immunity to his own powers, I'm cool with him letting rip into the Grue.

Two DC 23 Toughness saves for Gabriel.

In addition, their claws have a poison effect, so two Nauseate attacks, DC 15 each.

Right then...

Toughness 1: 18

Toughness 2: 26

Nauseate 1: 20

Nauseate 2: 20

No shifting this turn, but I will attack the Captain again with Autofire Blast.

Standard Action: Ranged Attack!

I guess there's a -4 because he's prone. So that's 22.

Toughness Save DC 28.

• 4 weeks later...

OK! So after the break, I may be screwing up here (always a little hard picking it up) so feel free to pick me up on any errors!

Gabriel - 3 HP - Bruised

The -4 to ranged attack for Gabs wont apply as you are flying pretty much above him. Attack roll of 26 with autofire adds +3 to the base DC, making it a DC 30 Toughness save.

1d20+15=27

So, a bruise for the Grue Captain.

Fleur is up!

Now that the air is clearer, Fleur is going to try and give Gabriel a hand with the Grue captain. She will use her Snare power to attempt to entangle him with so many vines.

First roll is terrible! Spending an HP.

Second roll is a 21, 20 if she is still Nauseated even with the air clear. If that is enough to hit, it is a DC 28 Reflex save versus being entangled or bound.

Second verse, same as the first. Gabriel and Fleur seem to have the captain well in hand!

Ranged Attack Rolls vs. Three Grue (3-target autofire blast; -3 multi-target penalty, +2 All-Out Attack) (1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2=20, 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2=23, 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2=29)

Preferably aiming at 1, 2, and whoever's unlucky enough to be standing next to 1 and 2 - but if necessary he'll aim at whatever three are conveniently clustered. DC27 Tou saves all around, and GK's at -2 Defense until his next turn.

Second verse, same as the first. Gabriel and Fleur seem to have the captain well in hand!

Which captain? ;)

1 and 2 work fine. For ease, Ill say no 4 is the third target. All attacks hit. nos 1 and 2 have bruises, so a -1 penatly after the base rolls of 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=23 lordy, rather good. That translates to rolls of 22, 26, and 23, which is fail by 5, 1, and 4 respectively.

So Mutant 1 no bruised x2, dazed until 14, Mutant 2 buised x1, Mutant 4 bruised x1

THe Grue Captain is up, and will try a mental blast 13 on Fleur. That translates to a DC 28 Will Save for Fleur.

He has a move action left, and will use it to give a verbal command to Android Captain...who awakens!

The remaining Grue will attack Gabriel once more. No 1 is dazed, No 3 is KO, no 5 is shaken (-2)

And we have....1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=20, 1d20+8=25, 1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=22

No 2 Hits (Gabriel immune to crits), No 5 rolls 25, -2 for shaken still just hits (23), No 6 hits, No 7 hits (but not crit), and no 8 hits. So thats 4 hits.

Thats four DC 23 Toughness Rolls, and the poison is four DC 15 Fort Saves versus Nauseate 5 for Gabriel.

Ill wait for those saves from Fleur and Gabs before moving on to next round.

Right then. Just to remind myself, I start this with 3 HP and 1 Bruise.

Toughness 23 1: 23

Toughness 23 2: 28

Toughness 23 3: 16 (Probably rerolling, let me do the final roll first, just with the initial negative 1)

Toughness 23 4: 25 (Okay, didn't biff that one any worse)

Hero Point Reroll on Save 3: 22, so 1 more Bruise, so Save 4 becomes 24, which is still enough to avoid 3 Bruises.

Now the Fort Saves!

Fort 15 1: 13 Bother

Fort 15 2: 23

Fort 15 3: 29

Fort 15 4: 29

Hm. So failed one of them by 2.

So I'm Sickened, -2 on Attack Rolls and Checks. :?

Round 3

24 - Gabriel - 2 HP - Bruised x2, Nauseated

23 - Fleur - 3 HP - Nauseated, Bruised

19 - Andriod Captain - Reactivated!

14 - Giain Knight - 2 HP - Unharmed

5 - Grue Captain - Unharmed, Bound (Helpless)

5 - Grue Mutant 1 - Bruised x2, Shaken

5 - Grue Mutant 2 - Bruised

5 - Grue Mutant 4 - Bruised

5 - Grue Mutant 5 - Shaken

5 - Grue Mutant 6 - unharmed

5 - Grue Mutant 7 - unharmed

5 - Grue Mutant 8 - unharmed

And Gabriel is up again!