Sanctuary: Panacea (OOC)

Supercape

Tis a group decision I think!

Some parley is fine if you guys want.

In any case, those remaining under cover (The Andriod Captain, Penny, Scraps, GK and Fleur) will probably get a surprise round in, unless Gabriel starts being less distracting, or they deliberately break cover.

For reference, the Mutant Grue are not minions, and neither is the real Captain!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so, going to split the difference...

Moving up to just 5 feet between Gabe and Real!Captain.

Spending 1 Hero Point for Ultimate Intimidate. I'm in super-charisma mode, so that's a check of 60. Group Intimidate, and after considering what that can and cannot do, I'm going to say that his goal is to get them to listen to his very straightforward instructions. Which are "pay attention to me" and "everyone move away from those two pods".

Right then

Scraps and Penny aren't going to engage, so I am leaving them out of the initiative for now to keep things simple. Technically they will delay actions so if anything happens they have to react to, they will jump in.

As for the others:

Android Captain: 1d20+9=19

Various Grue: 1d20+2=5

So

Round 1:

24 - Gabriel - 4 HP - Unharmed

23 - Fleur - 5 HP - Sickened

19 - Andriod Captain - Unharmed

14 - Giain Knight - 3 HP - Unharmed

5 - Grue Captain - Unharmed

5 - 8 x Grue Mutants - Unharmed

As for the effects of Gabriels Emotion Control:

No reflex save as perception ranged. Will Save DC 22

Mutant Grue: 1d20+10=17, 1d20+10=12, 1d20+10=16, 1d20+10=29, 1d20+10=13, 1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+10=25 None of them actual overcome. No 1,2,3,5,and 7 are, however, shaken (-2 attack rolls, defence, and checks).

Effect is sustained so providing you sustain the effect, no save for 1 minute.

For reference guys, the laboratory is fairly small. Large AoE's aren't going to cut it. Ill give some slack here because Gabriel did a canny manuever to force them all into one corner, but things are likely to get more messy than that later! :) Also, there will be enough laboratory equipment and junk around I'll give a +2 bonus to situational reflex saves vs AoEs due to plenty of stuff to duck behind! Its messy in there!

Which means Fleur is up!

NB: On a side note, I'm running a bigger battle than I am used to so if I slip up in a non-rules-lawyer kind of way, sing out! :D

Keep in mind, that AOE is Shapeable. So he can finesse it around things and people he doesn't want to hit. ;)

Will do! although even Shapable has some limitations, and it is a fairly cramped room we are fighting in. It's fine for now. It won't be fine when they move into melee! :)

Will do! although even Shapable has some limitations, and it is a fairly cramped room we are fighting in. It's fine for now. It won't be fine when they move into melee! :)

Fair enough. He's got other options too, though. ;)

A couple notes:

1.)His attack isn't "psychic", really, it's sonic.

2.)Those reactions seem less despair-y and more...fear-y? Like, if I'd used EC: Fear, it'd feel a better fit? Dunno. Eh. Whatevs. :D

Fleur is going to use her plant creation powers to start trying to grow some stuff in the cave. Groundcover, moss, deep shade flowers, anything that can normally grow well at the light level of the cave. Is it clear enough now that Tarrant's sealed the pods for the plants to grow and live?

• 5 weeks later...

Well, GK being GK, let's at least try to slow that captain down. Snare time!

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Captain (snare) (1d20 + 12=22)

I...don't know if that hits! DC22 Reflex, if it does. GK's aiming to obscure all his senses, if the captain's bound. Rock cocoon!

If the captain's a fancy enough grue he can probably shapeshift out, of course (shifting up insubstantial or a form that can escape), but hey. If nothing else, it'd take part of his turn to do so.

It is indeed a hit (Defence of +10)!

However

1d20+10=27 His reflex is good!

And he will respond with a mental blast back at Giain Knight!

DC 28 Will Save (Damage effect)

In addition, his speech will shut down his doppelganger andriod!

The 8 Grue Mutants are then up...

Nos 1,2,3,5, and 7 are shaken so are at -2 to Attack rolls (and defence, and checks). They are using a move action to swarm Gabriel, and then slash at him with their talons!

url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3704687/]1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=10

Fortunately Gabe has a high defence! No 5 would normally hit, but as shaken, he misses!

So, need a DC 28 Will save from GK (courtesy of the mental blast)

Then

Round 2

24 - Gabriel - 4 HP - Unharmed

23 - Fleur - 5 HP - Sickened

19 - Andriod Captain - Unharmed

14 - Giain Knight - 3 HP - Unharmed

5 - Grue Captain - Unharmed

5 - 8 x Grue Mutants - No1,2,3,5,7 are shaken.

Meaning Gabriel is up!

Hm. GK and Fleur are better at AOEs.

Move Action: Float up to the ceiling, clearing my line of sight if not getting me out of melee range.

Free Action:

All-Out Attack 2: Defense +10, Attack +14

Power Attack 2: Attack +12, Toughness Save up by 2

Free Action: Switch Sonic Control to Blast

Standard Action: Attack the Grue Captain!

21. That succeeds by 1, if he's still got Defense +10.

DC 29 Toughness Save!