Sanctuary: Panacea (OOC)

Supercape

OOC for this thread.

Fleur, Gabriel, and Giain Knight patrol and save Sanctuary!

Question to Electra: Does you Immunity to Diseases include immunity to diseases affecting plants? if not, have an HP.

Others: Please tag.

Knowledge (Life Sciences) Rolls with the correct tools to examine diseased plants. You can of course take 20 if you want to spend the time!

DC 10

They are not well!

DC 15

They are infected, rather than poisons.

DC 20

It's is virulent and contagious. It will also ultimately affect other life forms.

DC 25

It is not actually a bacteria or virus, its a prion, a self replicating protein. An engineered bioweapon, very nasty!

DC 30

However, curiously, the disease will not affect humanoids, although it will affect nearly everything else...Also: the prion seems related to human antibodies.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll certainly go for +2 for all of that, E.

Taking a common sense approach h owner, I don't think the final DC she would get as its very advanced genetics and biochemical analysis and I don't see a lab at the Sanctuary.

Having said that her empathic link with the planet is worth something. The plants are being attacked by something in the air, which is extremely potent but of which there are only minuscule amounts. I.e the agent is airborne, extremely toxic, but there is hardly any of it around.

Stesha is attempting to use her nullify power to take the infectious agent out of the air.

Nullify 10 (All "Air" Powers, Extras: Area [General, Burst], Effortless, Selective, Flaws: Range [Touch], Feats: Progression [Area] 3 [500ft radius], Subtle)

Power check: 1d20+10=29 A nice roll, though perhaps not terribly effective. But it's the first logical thing to try!

Right, so, in case this gets us any extra leads besides a hippy professor guy (whose age I'm a bit unclear on; it almost sounds like he's talking about World War 1 what with the mustard gas reference).

Gabriel is in "super-negotiation mode", which means he's got a +40 bonus to Gather Information. He'll use Skill Mastery for an auto-50 on that. Of his 6 HP he always starts with, he'll spend one to Stunt the Feat Contacts, to reduce how long he needs to be on the phone.

I'll go ahead and toss up an IC post; if we need to tweak anything, SC, let me know.

Gabriel - 5 HP

Bottle is left a bit vague but should point in the right direction as per Electra's idea of "where would a dump be?"

Gabriel's search: as it is in a different dimension, it is hard to draw parallels about the source - but in any case Gabriel finds none: whatever happened here is unique to Sanctuary dimension. However he can certainly pull in information to verify Bottle's story: there was a chemical weapons research facility under Lantern Hill from the turn of the century to about 1960, when it was closed down.

He can also get as much information as he needs on the Prions - these are going to be artificial in origin. He can pull in several medical people who can give idea's to at least slow down the disease progression - namely, auto immune drugs. Of course, these would also leave the takers vulnerable to infections too, but it would radically slow down or even halt the Prion problem.

To be honest with that Feat and that Gather INformation Check you can pretty much ask what you like and I will give you an answer - so if you have any further specific questions let me know, but I hope that is of some help.

Questions:

-Gabriel is able to fully and independently verify the story given by Mr. Stoner Hippy Professor, correct? Every detail given is verified?

-Beyond the application of auto-immune drugs (which, again, he's asking more about the affect on plants, as they're the target), is there a definite cure for "Prions"?

-Can he find out of there's a way to "scrub" the air of already-released Prions?

-Can he get any information on procedures to approach and deal with Prions being released from a weapon of some sort?

-Does he get any information regarding potential other hazards that might exist at the Lantern Hill facility?

-Gabriel is able to fully and independently verify the story given by Mr. Stoner Hippy Professor, correct? Every detail given is verified?

Yep.

-Beyond the application of auto-immune drugs (which, again, he's asking more about the affect on plants, as they're the target), is there a definite cure for "Prions"?

Nope (not in real life!). Given the advanced minds and technology of FC world / universe, it might be possible to tailor engineer some cure, although they would need samples and times and expertise. As they don't really know exactly what they are dealing with, no way to be sure for anyone right now. The experts do reckon that given the symptoms Fleur has described, its a Prion that acts as an antibody, effectively, so by dampening down the immune response, the symptoms will be much less reduced.

-Can he find out of there's a way to "scrub" the air of already-released Prions?

Indeed there is, with machines and the like. Again, it would be hard to see how that could be achieved on Sanctuary, but if you guys have any ways then I'll go for it!

-Can he get any information on procedures to approach and deal with Prions being released from a weapon of some sort?

It depends on the source of the Prions, which at this moment is unknown. But sure, he can get some basic information on how chemical weapons release their "load". I'll give a +2 Situational bonus for any future rolls to spot / dismantle / repair / whatever chemical weapon systems given on the basic info you get.

-Does he get any information regarding potential other hazards that might exist at the Lantern Hill facility?

Hard to say for sure, being an alternative universe. It would be well constructed, with airlocks and doors, and many rooms would be equipped with incendiary devices to "burn out" and decontaminate area's.

DC 20 To spot the Boy. Fleur will get +2 Situational Bonus as its her world, as does GK for his supersenses (Tremor Sense, his descriptors, and the figure being hidden in rubble).

As for the search, it wont take long (I imagine GK can shift earth and dig!) and you can find a steel bunker. However you may want to address the watching figure first...

Well if you had Knowledge (Technology) Rolls I would ask you to make them! ;)

Giain Knight can make a notice roll with his detect earth supersense, DC 15 (at this range)

Much of the Ship is full of rubble and earth, no doubt scooped up when it rammed the ground! However, a small proportion, in the least damaged area, is entirely free of earth.

Its a trap!

Ok so its not a particularly dangerous trap, but still...

Drain 6 (Constitution) Slow Fade 5 (5 Hours / 1 Point) Extras: Poison, Area (Cloud)

So, its DC 16 Reflex Saves to get the hell out of dodge (and Evasion feats count!).

And then a DC 16 (or 13 with Reflex made) Fort save, with up to 6 points CON drained.

Immunity to Poison of course means...immunity to this.

Also, as its a poison effect, its another save in a minutes time, but you may have healing / medical / chemical / whatever tricks in that time (or now, even!).