College Visit

Seren

I was thinking on ways to introduce my character, Blue Blaster, and thought that a High School trip would be a decent one - then I thought, why not a College Visit.

Opens it up to allowing more people to be potentially involved (anyone with a reason for being at the college), which gives him more opportunities to meet other heroes (and villains).

Anyway, the general idea was that he's on a college visit (planning to skip out early to go on patrol in costume - so he's got it with him) to one of the colleges (depending if others are interested, but certain schools make more sense to them than others). Before or as he's headed out (either before he gets a chance to change or while he's in the middle of changing), a villain makes their presence known at the school.

My first thought was that it be in a building with a number of classrooms, probably with some classes in progress. The villain takes over the office, sending minions to secure the building. Oliver (and, I suspect, others) are in the hall or bathrooms - having to get past the mooks and to the office to get the villain out.

So, thought I'd put it up to see if anyone's interested and if so, any preferences or thoughts they'd have on it. (Of course, I'll take thoughts from people not interested for whatever reason as well...)

I was thinking on ways to introduce my character, Blue Blaster, and thought that a High School trip would be a decent one - then I thought, why not a College Visit.

Opens it up to allowing more people to be potentially involved (anyone with a reason for being at the college), which gives him more opportunities to meet other heroes (and villains).

Anyway, the general idea was that he's on a college visit (planning to skip out early to go on patrol in costume - so he's got it with him) to one of the colleges (depending if others are interested, but certain schools make more sense to them than others). Before or as he's headed out (either before he gets a chance to change or while he's in the middle of changing), a villain makes their presence known at the school.

My first thought was that it be in a building with a number of classrooms, probably with some classes in progress. The villain takes over the office, sending minions to secure the building. Oliver (and, I suspect, others) are in the hall or bathrooms - having to get past the mooks and to the office to get the villain out.

So, thought I'd put it up to see if anyone's interested and if so, any preferences or thoughts they'd have on it. (Of course, I'll take thoughts from people not interested for whatever reason as well...)

If you go by Freedom College, I can bring Hub in. I'd need to figure out more about what happens after that, but if I'm just a PC there, I have less responsibility.

Actually, Freedom College might work best for Oliver, funnily enough.

He's not likely going to go there (he's more likely to be going to FCU), so he wouldn't be too worried about cutting out early. Then again, he'll be at FDR at least another year (I'm going between him being a Junior and going into his Junior year).

Plus he could use a melee fighter...

If you go by Freedom College, I can bring Hub in. I'd need to figure out more about what happens after that, but if I'm just a PC there, I have less responsibility.

Actually, Freedom College might work best for Oliver, funnily enough.

He's not likely going to go there (he's more likely to be going to FCU), so he wouldn't be too worried about cutting out early. Then again, he'll be at FDR at least another year (I'm going between him being a Junior and going into his Junior year).

Plus he could use a melee fighter...

My character could be there, as she is a Senior in high school (at North Bay Academy, a private prep school). She isn't too likely to go to Freedom College either, so she would likely not be that concerned about the visit either, just away to get out of school for part of the day.

But, if you want to keep the PL lower, Velocity would be too high :) She could be there before the fight for interaction though.

My character could be there, as she is a Senior in high school (at North Bay Academy, a private prep school). She isn't too likely to go to Freedom College either, so she would likely not be that concerned about the visit either, just away to get out of school for part of the day.

But, if you want to keep the PL lower, Velocity would be too high :) She could be there before the fight for interaction though.

What kind of PL are looking for? Most of the villians are PL10 as well as the heroes. So you're going to fairly undermanned if the villian is PL10.

Well, yeah, I was looking at that...

Looking over what might work (for the lower PLs), that's already statted - I'm finding Mad Scientist, Master of Disguise, Sinister Simian, even the Vampire Lord (although Oliver will have a lot of trouble)...

Going from that...

The Vampire Lord might be a stretch, but could have a number of lesser vampires among the students...

Sinister Simian - could do something similar to the Going Ape! or Animal Kingdom capers, having to battle animals (natural or students turned into animals, depending which is used) to get to the Simian itself.

Master of Disguise - might be a bit more difficult to do... I'm not sure on one involving him yet.

Mad Scientist - I'm picturing something similar to The Supervillain Factory caper. We could even have a Savage Man-Beast (or something else) for the PL10s to face off against. He's got 20 points into minions, which would be about 10 ranks of a Heroic Minion and Savage Man-Beast needs 9 ranks. That leaves enough for a Thug minion - for extras, as they suggest, they can take from the equipment feats (10 Thugs leaves Equipment 17).

Well, interaction's always good at least. Plus, as I said earlier, a Savage Man-Beast could easily be thrown in (if it's a Mad Scientist) for you higher PLs to bring down while us lower PLs can go for the Scientist.

...I think I like this path of ideas. The Mad Scientist came to Freedom College, not for equipment but for the athletes - figuring that all he needs is tougher subjects that can survive the process longer.

He brought along his 'best' subject (the Savage Man-Beast) and a group of Thugs (paid to help, future test subjects, and for some unexpected twists - current test subjects) - After all, they've got 3 points that can be added without upping the Minion cost.

Although the Sinister Simian could be interesting too - the PL10s go for the ring-leader, while the PL6s get the animals under control and keep the students safe.

I'm still open to ideas, of course. :)

What kind of PL are looking for? Most of the villians are PL10 as well as the heroes. So you're going to fairly undermanned if the villian is PL10.

Well, yeah, I was looking at that...

Looking over what might work (for the lower PLs), that's already statted - I'm finding Mad Scientist, Master of Disguise, Sinister Simian, even the Vampire Lord (although Oliver will have a lot of trouble)...

Going from that...

The Vampire Lord might be a stretch, but could have a number of lesser vampires among the students...

Sinister Simian - could do something similar to the Going Ape! or Animal Kingdom capers, having to battle animals (natural or students turned into animals, depending which is used) to get to the Simian itself.

Master of Disguise - might be a bit more difficult to do... I'm not sure on one involving him yet.

Mad Scientist - I'm picturing something similar to The Supervillain Factory caper. We could even have a Savage Man-Beast (or something else) for the PL10s to face off against. He's got 20 points into minions, which would be about 10 ranks of a Heroic Minion and Savage Man-Beast needs 9 ranks. That leaves enough for a Thug minion - for extras, as they suggest, they can take from the equipment feats (10 Thugs leaves Equipment 17).

Well, interaction's always good at least. Plus, as I said earlier, a Savage Man-Beast could easily be thrown in (if it's a Mad Scientist) for you higher PLs to bring down while us lower PLs can go for the Scientist.

...I think I like this path of ideas. The Mad Scientist came to Freedom College, not for equipment but for the athletes - figuring that all he needs is tougher subjects that can survive the process longer.

He brought along his 'best' subject (the Savage Man-Beast) and a group of Thugs (paid to help, future test subjects, and for some unexpected twists - current test subjects) - After all, they've got 3 points that can be added without upping the Minion cost.

Although the Sinister Simian could be interesting too - the PL10s go for the ring-leader, while the PL6s get the animals under control and keep the students safe.

I'm still open to ideas, of course. :)

I am fine for whatever you find more interesting :)

Maybe if it's just you (and maybe one other PL10), we go with the Scientist - that way everyone can go against Thugs for minion-bashing, then can split up against the slightly weaker (but with decent equipment) Mad Scientist or the Savage Man-Beast (depending which they think they can pull off).

If one group has trouble, the other could help - I generally am seeing it as the Mad Scientist being kept busy until the ones that can finally stop him arrive (or just take him off). But if it's the beast that's causing trouble, then maybe the scientist has something designed to stop it.

But if a third PL10 wants in, we could go with a Simian (possibly with another villain, Simian or otherwise) - the ones that can't deal with the Simian can be busy with the animals let loose and the students that were in the halls at the time.

(As I hope you know, when I say PL6 - I mean characters that started at 6 and by PL10, those that started at 10. Higher is fine, although PL8s should probably consider themselves in the 10 if they're capped, and PL12s are probably a bit too high...)

I am fine for whatever you find more interesting :)

Maybe if it's just you (and maybe one other PL10), we go with the Scientist - that way everyone can go against Thugs for minion-bashing, then can split up against the slightly weaker (but with decent equipment) Mad Scientist or the Savage Man-Beast (depending which they think they can pull off).

If one group has trouble, the other could help - I generally am seeing it as the Mad Scientist being kept busy until the ones that can finally stop him arrive (or just take him off). But if it's the beast that's causing trouble, then maybe the scientist has something designed to stop it.

But if a third PL10 wants in, we could go with a Simian (possibly with another villain, Simian or otherwise) - the ones that can't deal with the Simian can be busy with the animals let loose and the students that were in the halls at the time.

(As I hope you know, when I say PL6 - I mean characters that started at 6 and by PL10, those that started at 10. Higher is fine, although PL8s should probably consider themselves in the 10 if they're capped, and PL12s are probably a bit too high...)

I would not be so quick to dismiss the PL 12s that are here (there are only a few of us). Velocity is one of them, but she only has 166 pp, so none of her caps are at the PL 12 level, so in reality, she is a PL 11. Its just the way the increase the PL caps here, once you pass the max for a cap (say 165 for PL 11), you move up to the next cap.

I would not be so quick to dismiss the PL 12s that are here (there are only a few of us). Velocity is one of them, but she only has 166 pp, so none of her caps are at the PL 12 level, so in reality, she is a PL 11. Its just the way the increase the PL caps here, once you pass the max for a cap (say 165 for PL 11), you move up to the next cap.

If I manage to clear my act up till you start, would a place for a guest appearacne my character "Lion" (Pl 10)?

He could be checking out his old stomping grounds at FC and trying to get a look at the present FC football team which is supposed to be pretty good (though nowhere close to his own "golden" team of the old days, of course ;) ).

If I manage to clear my act up till you start, would a place for a guest appearacne my character "Lion" (Pl 10)?

He could be checking out his old stomping grounds at FC and trying to get a look at the present FC football team which is supposed to be pretty good (though nowhere close to his own "golden" team of the old days, of course ;) ).

And that is exactly what drew me finally in. Two football players and even from the same college? That just screams of some great interaction.

Plus that they are so different (or used to be). Hub really seems like a good guy and Lance absolutely wasn't in those days, not by any means.

He has changed, but it still rankles what he has lost that day when he flipped out.

And that is exactly what drew me finally in. Two football players and even from the same college? That just screams of some great interaction.

Plus that they are so different (or used to be). Hub really seems like a good guy and Lance absolutely wasn't in those days, not by any means.

He has changed, but it still rankles what he has lost that day when he flipped out.

Of course I add that without checking...

But, like I said - probably. And as you said - she's actually a PL11, but has been around enough to be able to go up to PL12. The PL8 and PL12 were just rough guesses, so the PL12s are fine. :)

(Looks like there're 2 PL12 Heroes)

As for Lion, it could work. I'm not completely sure when it would be starting, but even if you don't get through before it starts, he might be able to come by afterwards (obviously, this'll all be based on when it begins and ends).