Starlight's were meant to fly (IC)

At the Commanders insistence they were all ushered up onto the bridge, in case the Lor contacted the ship immediately. Which was fortuitous as everything wasn’t as it seemed.

Everything seemed to happen at once. Lavender noticed that they weren’t in the part of the Soo-Tine system that they had decided upon. Whilst Starlight and Synth notice that the ships Helmsman was getting up from her seat, some form of blaster in her hand. All the while the Holotable showed a approaching ship that was defiantly not of Lor design, but a small Grue craft.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starlight's eyes narrowed as the screen filled with Grue ships, and when the pilot stood from her station she manifested lips just so she could twist her expression into a snarl. She walked down towards the helmsmen, closing the distance between them rapidly as her aura flared into existence. "Do you really think pointing a weapon at me is a smart thing to do," she asked. "Do you have any idea what I do to Grue and their collaborators?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Grue!"

Synth didn't know much about history or the world...but she was learning. And one could hardly have failed to learn about the alien nemesis of Earth.

Quick as a flash she followed Starlight, leaping in a graceful dive and roll to the Helmsman, who she could only imagine was a Grue infiltrator. Perhaps then, she reasoned, the shifters had been behind the whole incident? clearly something was going very wrong on more than one front.

"Drop that weapon!" she said, firmly, seeking to wrestle the helmsman to the ground before any harm could be done. She hesitated a moment, unsure of the anatomy of the alien, but dove in after a second's complication. Had the Alien not been attending to Starlight, that hesitation would have been too long, but as it was she wrapped her arms around the wrist of the Grue, and, hoping for the best, spun and locked that very arm into a painful position.

The helmsman’s didn’t try to struggle against Synth's grasp; instead he seemed to relax back into his natural form giving Synth her first look at a Grue. The red skinned creature had an almost blank unfinished look about it, if it wasn’t so animated it would be easy to assume it was just a dummy.

“It too late for you, me brothers are coming to capture you. Surrender now to the Grue Unity or suffer terrible punishments.â€

Indeed the holotable was showing that the Grue craft was in the process of docking with the Sleipnir.

“It too late for you, me brothers are coming to capture you. Surrender now to the Grue Unity or suffer terrible punishments.â€

"It's never to late, if one has breath and the will to use it" said Synth calmly. Her analysis of the situation was bleak, however.

"We are about to boarded, it looks like we should prepare for a fight...." she noted. Even as she spoke, she started to send signals to her synthetic body, rewiring her muscles and nerves, growing new tissue in preparation for the battle ahead. Her body was even at rest an athletic one, befitting an athlete of fine calibre, but as her muscles swelled and tightened in anticipation for the brawls to come, it gained an almost inhuman iron look.

"...because we will certainly give one!" she added.

"Your Unity is anything but," Starlight said condescendingly. "It is slavery, and chains of the mind. At least you shall no longer have to suffer under it." She raised one hand and a glow built up there, until it took off and smashed the Grue drone in the head, hard! The creature's neck snapped around and it went down, bloody and close to death. The heroine seemed unconcerned with its final fate and turned to the captain instead. "Captain, I would suggest that you prepare to be boarded. If you can determine some quick way for crewmembers to identify each other, it would not be a bad idea; Grue like to sow confusion through their shapeshifting. Otherwise," she added, "I would fall back and prepare to defend key areas of the ship." She turned to Synth. "I think we have the best chance of seeing off the boarders. Shall we prepare to make battle?"

• 2 weeks later...

None of the crew seemed concerned with Starlights action, indeed it seemed to spur them all into action.

"Yes your right. Computer initiate hostile actions on anyone who now attempts to enter the ship. Also all airlocks on a rapid recoding until I say otherwise." she gave a broad smile "That should buy you a few minutes to get down to the main airlock and come up with a plan. It's the only place without defences. Good Luck."

With that she unslung her massive rifle and began directing her crew in defence of the ship.

Synth nodded in agreement.

"The hard vacuum of space is not the best environment to be fighting in. One breach..." she let the thought linger. As she spoke, she started to reconfigure her own biology. Her rapidly active cells burst into overdrive, with the network of synthetic biomolecules forming and reforming. In essence, she locked her cells, putting them in a state of stasis whilst her artificial biomolecular systems took over.

"I can survive in outer space, if I put my mind to it" she explained. "I don't know about you?" she asked Starlight. "But it would be best to be prepared..."

"Right, to the airlock!" she concluded, running off towards the battlefront.

"I am the servant of the Light, and the Light shall protect me," Starlight said. She floated into the air and remained hovering a handful of centimetres above the deck, keeping pace with Synth as the pair approached the main airlock. "I have faced Grue before, and all manner of other cosmic horrors. The Meta-Mind will care nothing for the lives of individual Grue. It will happily throw themselves against us in waves, uncaring for their own lives."

The pair came to the airlock and Starlight faced it, still hanging in the air. "I will try to funnel them into a smaller area," she said to Synth, raising her hands in the air. The air around the airlock thickened as Starlight manifested her power, sealing off the room except for a narrow opening barely big enough for one or two Grue. "It will be up to you to handle them when they attack," she finished.

• 4 weeks later...

After the sound of the subtle sound of the bump of the hulls of the two ships there was silence in the ships. It was rapidly broken by the sound of a cutting device from the other side of the Airlock. Within seconds the whole airlock door clattered to the deck with a resounding clang.

Again there was silence, before after a few seconds a lone Grue appeared at the airlock, blaster in hand. Being one Grue the rest of the squad would know what they faced, even if it meant sacrificing this lone Grue. There was probably another four or so Grue safely hidden awaiting their first move.

Starlight stood before the airlock, hands raised dramatically. The air to either side of the open airlock shimmered from deck to ceiling, leaving a hole just wide enough for a single Grue drone. Her golden eyes flared as she stared down the Grue. "Forward, to face your doom, servant of darkness," she intoned, "or withdraw and know that you have gained a little life before I wipe the rest of you from the galaxy!"

Taking advantage of the Grue's hesitation, Synth jumped into the fray with a jump and a few quick steps, moving like a snake, whipping her arms and legs.

"Sorry!" she explained as she propelled her fist into the face of one Grue.

"Self-defence!" she added, as she immediately followed up with a backwards kick at the chest of another, throwing him into the air and into a crunching impact with the side of the airlock.

She looked at Starlight briefly.

"I felt it best to act, this time..." she said to her partner, as he brushed aside a Minion's lunge and repaid it with a powerful knee and elbow that sent him spinning.

The Grue drone were scattered around the airlock by the sheer force of Synth’s attacks, three of them were already done leaving only two standing.

The remaining Grue seemed unaffected by Synth so easily taking down there fellows. Instead they raised there blasters and fired blast’s towards Synth. Though maybe they were more affected as they seemed as the shots went well wide of the mark.

The pilot of the craft must have thought differently from his fellows, if such a thing was possible, as there was a rumble of the engines restarting and it’s connection to the Sleipnir was starting to slowly buckle.