The Serpent and the Devil (OOC)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glow has +10 Sense motive and skill mastery, so I think she can auto-pass that check?

For her move action she's going to use her fast acrobatic feint against El Sierpe with set-up to transfer the benefits to Heraldo for punchings. Acrobatic bluff: 31

For her standard action she's going to bust out her area-TK power and try to disarm with it. No guns allowed! El Sierpe included if she can, but just the thugs if not! Attack roll: 21 (-4 for being a ranged attack = 17?) and disarm check: 27

Using a HP to remove the Fatigue(2HP), and enacting Extra Effort to stunt a Blast off of Heraldo's Enhanced Strength, which is as follows: Blast 9(Flaws: Distracting; Feats: Split Attack)[10PP]

Using this to attack the 5 Thugs! Attack rolls, Splitting the attack into four rank 2s and a rank 1 for #5: 13, 23, 16, 17, 14. So that looks like three hits, all DC17 TOU saves.

Geez Ari, waste the perfectly good set up why don't you? :lol:

Okay, seeing as all the minions are down it's time to get El Sierpe arrested. By throwing him back over the border!

Telekinesis grapple throw ho!

Attack roll: 19 Which I think is probably good enough to hit. If not I might re-roll.

Grapple check: 27

If she wins the grapple check she will throw El Sierpe in a northerly direction. I figure this would probably hurt him, but he took a full-on punch from Heraldo without too many ill-effects so he can take it. How far can Glow throw a fat super-villain? A fairly long way I guess? :D

Ok, so Glow has ST 45 Telekensis. Lets say El Sierpe is around 200lbs (probably more but hey, thats STR 15 Heavy load so its convenient)

Thats 6 increments (6 x 5 STR ) on the T&V progression table, or 500 feet!

Is that enough? arbitrary-tron activates!

Probably...if you put in extra effort on your telekenesis to bump it up to 2500 feet! how does that sound?

In any case, Ill say at this point he is KOd! (or at least virtually defeated)

SO, with some regret, I think the time has come to wrap the thread!

We probably need a few more exposition posts, but before we do, I wanted to ask you guys a few things. I take it from chat you guys pretty much liked the slippery villain, so lets bring him back? (from chat I think half the site liked him!)

1. There was some talk I think about Glow/SilverSpider/Blod/Heraldo on a double date getting screwed by El Sierpe. I am not opposed to the idea, what do you think? My initial thoughts on this are a) I am better at small numbers of PCs (not that I cant handle 4, its just I wont be as good / will be even more rubbish with 4) and B) it sounds something I will have to think about in terms of progression. Maybe its the thread after the next El Sierpe thread, I dont know.

2. We still haven't used El Diablo, the devil doctor who makes all those drugs he uses! thoughts? He wasn't as strong as El Sierpe turned out to be, but I kind of miss him!

3. Legalities. I am thinking El Sierpe weasels out of jail on a technicality. For instance he was forcibly removed from Mexico were he lives. OK, so it may not simulate real life, but its a good story. Ideas?

4. On that note, Scuffs (and to a lesser extend Heraldo), if you wish we could make life even more awful for you two (and another complication!) El Sierpe filmed your confrontation in Mexico, edited it, and now has evidence that Glow (and perhaps Heraldo) assaulted him and threw him over a border. You are now a fugitive in Mexico! Again, I don't want to force this on you, but if you want to make this a part of your history and a complication (perhaps something you can resolve by finding the rest of the tape where he fired first) then let me know.

If you have any other thoughts also, please let me know.

I just thought Id sound these out before wrapping!

Nice thread! Thanks for playing!

First up, Ari did Heraldo just ask Glow on a date? He can't do that, she already told Jennifer that nobody ever asked her on a date before (6 months later!)... timelines are complicated! :D

1) I like the double date thread idea. If you didn't want to make a 4 person thread we could start it as a chatty social thread and then split off into two teams of two when someone messes it up?

2) I would like devil doctor to make a comeback!

3) I'm definitely for El Sierpe getting out of jail at some point. We are already 6 months after the events of the Serpent and the Devil though so I'm guessing he's served some time at least. I was thinking we could maybe do a devil doctor thread and then have El Sierpe come back after that? Or I guess he could get out now and we can have both of them in one thread!

4) I'm not sure he could have managed to get video evidence very well, he was fleeing for his freedom after all and I don't think it would be very easy to edit the roughly 10-second fight that convincingly. Of course El Sierpe has bucketloads of money so likely he wouldn't need evidence if he's making with the bribes well enough. He could just give a bunch of money to some corrupt Mexican officials to have them declare Glow and Heraldo wanted criminals. Jack Jackson would probably be a very happy camper with a headline like that to play with!

First up, Ari did Heraldo just ask Glow on a date? He can't do that, she already told Jennifer that nobody ever asked her on a date before (6 months later!)... timelines are complicated! :D

Really? Okay then. We could always just have had her forget about it! Not like it's the memorable part of the day! :P

4) I'm not sure he could have managed to get video evidence very well, he was fleeing for his freedom after all and I don't think it would be very easy to edit the roughly 10-second fight that convincingly. Of course El Sierpe has bucketloads of money so likely he wouldn't need evidence if he's making with the bribes well enough. He could just give a bunch of money to some corrupt Mexican officials to have them declare Glow and Heraldo wanted criminals. Jack Jackson would probably be a very happy camper with a headline like that to play with!

Scuffs, as this would be a personal thing for Glow, I am going to leave it up to you: yay or nay! (I have no feelings one way or another, consider me a waiter offering you an after dinner mint)

I've thought about the double - date thing. And, in conclusion, I am edging towards thinking it isn't a good idea at this moment. For a variety of reasons: I dont GM as well for 4 players. I think the juxtaposition of "teenage dating" and "Mexican drug lord" is an uncomfortable one, it is going to get crowded (as I plan to use Devil Doctor too) in terms of plot, I am going to use Towers for a Glow/Silver Spider thread (and it overlaps), and I finally, I'm not sure how to do it well. For those reasons, I'm going to say I know my limitations and back out, sorry.

Having said that, I have yet to come up with a good idea for El Sierpe's return. So I may yet resuurect that. Give me a day or three to think up something, then I will start discussions with you two, is that ok?

In the mean time, lets wrap S&D!

Thanks for awesome thready goodness Supercape! :D

I'm ready for more El Sierpe pretty much whenever it suits you. I'm also happy for Glow (and maybe Heraldo too if Ari is keen) to be named as wanted criminals in Mexico although I still doubt El Sierpe could provide significant evidence. Who needs evidence anyway? It's plenty comic-y enough to have people believing the bad guy! I can already imagine the Jackson-gloating poor Glow is going to have to endure! :D