The Serpent and the Devil (OOC)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glow's sadly short on tracking and Super-senses. She has however been working on a telekinetic sense that I'm not totally sure how to model yet. I've never played with Super-senses before, but the concept is generally using her telekinesis like a radar. For now she'd stunt it off her force field if needed, but it'd be short ranged at best. Not much good for tracking.

How hard can it be to see the tracks he's leaving though? A man sized (And he's pretttty fat!) snake-slithering trail must be pretty large on any kind of soft ground right?

YOu can follow it for sure, I just wanted to get a handle on how fast!

Ill get to IC Post shortly.

On a side note, Scuffs, Super Senses are a bit of a complex one! It took me a while to get my head around it. For what its worth I would suggest:

1. Chose what sense type (Visual, Auditory, Olfactory, Auditory, Tactile, Mental, Radio). For what you describe its probably going to be mental. Think about whether obscures and dazzles would work on this sense. You could possibly go for Radio.

2. Pay 1 PP straight out for your sense type (like it costs 1 PP for infravision)

3. For a mental sense, you get nothing out of the bag (for Radio you would get ranged, radius, acute). For a radar-like sense you pretty must need to get Ranged (+1 PP), and Accurate (+2PP) (to know where things are). You probably want to get (but it depends how you envisage it) Acute (+1PP) (To tell things apart other than 'blob of matter'), and Radius (to detect things behind you).

4. Add extended (+1 per x10) if you can do it far away, and analytical (+1 PP) if its really really precise (you can count the hairs on a head with your sense).

Id suggest something like

TK Awareness (Mental Sense, Ranged, Accurate, Acute, Radius) for 6PP. Expensive, but it means you are very much covered against dazzles, obscures, and concealmnent. The nature of the power would mean you probably couldn't detect intangible 3 or 4 objects, but thats in the descriptors.

I took a few literary liberties to keep pushing forward. I hope its ok to say Glow and EH push the boulder aside, let me know otherwise.

The tunnel is dimly lit (so partial concealment for anybody who does not have appropriate super senses), and is sufficiently cramped that you are a) flat footed and B) prone. (again unless you fancy doing some digging or something).

Finally, I'll Give EH some recovery time, making him fatigued (As opposed to exhausted)

Alright then! I just chuckled imagining Glow pinning El Sierpe with telekinesis and then having Heraldo crawl over the top of her in the tunnel to go punch him. "Ow get off me you big lug!"

Attack roll: 20

Grapple if that hit: 19. Great stuff. Oh well, at least that probably means he can get away and we can chase him some more!

Ooh this El Sierpe guy is earning the punch that's coming to him isn't he! :twisted:

I sort of have a post in mind but I'm going to defer to Ari first to see what Heraldo has to say (or whether he's just going to punch the guy).

As a side note, can we actually see anything that proves we're in Mexico?

OK!

So first off, Scuffs, that post was so awesome I am giving you an HP for entertaining everybody.

For tracking purposes:

El Heraldo - 3 HP - Fatigued

Glow - 3 HP

Second - we are of course coming to the end of the thread. El Sierpe has been great! (for me anyway). Broadly speaking this can conclude with words and a legal parting of ways, or a brawl and borderline breaking the law.

I am caught between the two, not sure how El Sierpe would respond. He is a cunning devil, but on the other hand Glow made and awesome inflammatory speech.

So I am throwing it out to you guys. Do you want to walk away? Do you want a fight? Do you want a legal issue (if not in the courts, then in your heart), Do you want El Sierpe as a nemesis in the future plotting his revenge with the Devil Doctor from Mexico?

I cant promise everything (as the dice and play sometimes spin things off course, quite rightly!) but what are your thoughts on the story of Glow and Heraldo?

So I had a bit of a think and my answer is.... I don't know! :?

I'm actually happy with just about any outcome of this little conversation. Obviously Glow is trying to goad El Sierpe into trying to shoot her so that she can punch him in self-defence, but if he decides not to she gets to call him a coward which is fun too.

If he does start a fight you can bet that Glow's going to try to accidentally throw him back to the states.. we can't be that far into Mexico after all, and if he happens to land in front of a surprised Captain Meddows then obviously then he's perfectly entitled to arrest him! :D

On the other hand if he goes away we can probably do another thread where we find out if Glow was right about El Sierpe getting backstabbed by his own guys. Which would be pretty cool too! So basically I'm happy with any solution! :D

Right then, so shall it be!

El Sierpe will open fire on Glow with his shotgun, firing a slug! its a masterwork weapon so +1 to attack roll for +11 total

1d20+11=22 I think that hits, so a DC 21 Toughness save!

And then, initiative rolls!

1d20+8=23 for El Sierpe

1d20+1=3 for Thugs

Sierpes thugs here are a slight cut above the normal street thug, being hardened sodliers of drug wars:

5xHardened Drug Gang Members PL 4

STR 14 DEX 12 CON 14 INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 10

Att +4 Def +4 Fort +4 Ref +2, Will +2, Tough +3

Intimidate 6 (+6) Drive 4 (+5)

Equipment: Submachine Guns (Damage +4 Autofire), Leather Jacket +1 Toughness