Meeting the Master

Lucy reaction was unexpected to say the least, she burst out laughing. For a couple of minutes she just let it all out, it was a wonder relief after her day.

“Oh my the Butler did it, that was so cliché even in my day.†Recovering her composure she whipped her eye, more out of habit she didn’t produce tear anymore.

She picked herself up and wondered over to the shelf, looking for that book the “butler†had showed her. If it was what he’d said it was probably best to take it away.

“Well daddy seems to approve of me, so I’m sure he won’t mind me borrowing his stuff.â€

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

Mr White spotted what she was after, and took it off the shelf straight away.

"You be wantin' dis I reckon" he laughed, in a not unkindly way. He was enjoying himself.

"The book of lost souls...Libro Mortuus Animas...his bible. His journal too, I reckon, the say 'e alwyas be writin' in it!"

He passed it to Revenant and then bowed deeply.

"And now 'den little miss deady, I be dancin' away. De first of three times, by my countin'" he laughed, and with that strolled off out of the Masters underground laboratory. There was indeed a little shuffle and swaying off his feet and he danced off, full of vigor and not a little humour.

She let Mr White go, now wasn’t the time to try and take him down. Beside here no-one, well sadly almost no one, could get hurt in a situation like this.

She picked up the book but resisted the urge to flick through its page, not before she got someone who knew magic to look it over. She wouldn’t put it past him to put a magical booby trap on his own work.

Then she wondered backup to find a writing desk, he of cause would have the kind of old fashion writing kit that she was more use to, and after a few seconds though she penned him a quick note.

I understand you ennui, it must be difficult to live so long and not get bored with everything around you. And if you want to just study me to find out how I work I’m as curious as you and would happily help.

If you however are determined to carry on with experiments, like those poor creatures downstairs, then I’m afraid I must make every effort to stop you.