Shark Week: Ghost Sharks! (OOC)

Raveled

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly a combination of ennui (nothing to do with here, no worries), a progression of rather irritatingly depressing events in rapid succession, and...I dunno. Regardless - I owe posts. And I gotta get to them.

So, let's deal with the situation at hand. Namely, Dahlia. Crow needs to lock her down quick - so what do we do?

Dem Gluvs.

While she's trying to put the mack on him, he'll Tether the cord. By yanking her upwards, Spiderman style. :mrgreen: Under Snare rules, that means she can't budge. Then, he be lining up another toss from his stealthed position, and huck a pair of his favorite throwing knives with the wires on. Shock and drop, nice and clean. Talon Wire! (1d20+14=25) Compounding the wires. That should result in her being Bound and Helpless, and then he'll Coup De Grace her with the Rune of Lightning; two DC 15 Fortitude saves (first for the coup de grace, if she succeeds that, then the second conventional hit). I think that's how it works - if not, then feel free to correct me. >_<

Anyway - end of the day, he'll be leaving her upside-down and somewhat cooked, alongside sputtering a bit, but ready for clapping up in the paddywagon.

IC to come.

Okay. CdG is a full-round action, so Crow goes for the Snare again. DC 15 Reflex, since she's already Entangled if she fails that's a Bound & Helpless. Dahlia's Reflex save, vs DC 15. (1d20+4=19) And the dice say that's not going to happen.

Damage from the wire: Dahlia's Fort save, vs DC 15. (1d20+6=24) Yikes, no.

And again! Dahlia's Ref save, vs DC 15. (1d20+4=7) NOW she's Bound.

Dahlia's Fort save, vs DC 15. (1d20+6=14) Bruised, but not unconscious.

As requested, FORT save vs. DC18, +1 for the new round attempt: 27! I'm still watching you, IC...

Going to use his Inspire Feat to encourage his allies to new heights of greatness! (2HP)

+4 to Attack rolls, saving throws, etc. for Glow and Crow.

Fight is over. Villains escape, everyone gets a HP for that. El Heraldo keeps the one he would've spent on Inspire, since no one got to use it.

Notes

Glow -- Uninjured -- HPx3

Crow -- Uninjured-- HPx2

Heraldo -- Uninjured -- HPx3

We are out of Initiative. What's your next move, heroes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both you suddenly remember a bunch of Deep One eggs that are being incubated at the Aquarium. There's been some recent controversy that the eggs, or at least the resulting juveniles, should be returned to the Snake People, but public opinion seems to be on the side of the Freedom League, who wants to raise them with surfacer values.

Behold the terror of a well-groomed butler!

Ernest 1 & 2's Ini. (1d20+9=23, 1d20+9=22) Gee, even using a slower build it out-fasted you guys.

Initiative

23 Ernest 1 -- Uninjured -- Mook

22 Ernest 2 -- Uninjured -- Mook

13 Glow -- Uninjured -- HPx3

12 El Heraldo -- Uninjured HPx3

Okay, after reviewing the last fight one will go after Glow first, and the other will rush inside. Wonder where he's going? :twisted:

Ernest 2's melee attack check, vs Glow's Def. DC 23 Tou. (1d20+12=24) Whelp, that'll hit.