Vanguard#1-Kings & Shields(OOC)

Ari

Okay, for KoS, a Search and Notice check, DC25 and 20 respectively.

KoS's rolls: Search.19, failed. Notice. 32. Of course.

Okay, Kingy doesn't find any signs of villainy around the rail yard, but he does detect

that he's being followed by around an unknown number of people. Somehow they're keeping from explicitly being seen, but they make slight noises and disturb enough of the animals who live there to make their presence known.

For Crusader, a Notice check, DC15, to get the same information.

Okay, combat times.

Using the Gremlin archetype from the Crooks! 2E book(let me know if you don't have it, I'll post their stats in a spoiler tag).

Right now ten are in immeditate combat, and shall be followed by two more 'waves' of the things in equal numbers.

Their Initiaive roll: 23.

KoS's Initiative roll: 23, don't that beat all.

KoS has the higher Initiative bonus, so he goes first.

The fray is within range of the Crusader's attack range BTW, also Initiative roll please.

Anyway, KoS will drop a smoke bomb, Obscuring Visual senses 50ft. around himself.

Going to use a Move action to get up onto an old freight engine.

Gremlins 10: Notice check on their parts to see if they can follow him, -2 to the result due to the obscuring smoke(-4 cumulative due to their WIS being 8). KoS's Stealth check: 22.

Notice: 12, 10, 9, -2, 0, 8, 2, =2, 4, 2.. None make it(or really could), so they have no idea where to find him. General mayhem ensues.

Hoo. Are these guys minions or...? Not that it matters, since Crusader doesn't have Takedown Attack 2 (yet!). In the meantime, he's going to send his shield flying (Blast 6) at the gremlin group:

Attack Roll (vs Gremlins [10]): (1d20+10=12, 1d20+10=30, 1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=13, 1d20+10=26, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+10=28, 1d20+10=22)

(And I probably rolled that wrong. Herp.)

They're Minions.

Seeing as it's a Targeted Area Blast, you only needed to roll once.

If you're agreeable, I'll roll a 1d10 to see which of your rolls is chosen, or you can simply make another roll: 3. No. 3 would hit all of them.

Their DC24 TOU checks(no REF save due to it being Targeted): 8, 15, 15, 12, 19, 20, 8, 19, 16, 17. All fail.

Round 2, 10 more Gremlins arrive in the Fray, their Initiative roll: 24.

Order is:

Gremlins Wave 2(x10): Unharmed-GM

King of Suits: Unharmed, 3HP

Crusader: Uharmed, 3HP

Gremlins make their Move Actions up the engine, using their Wall-Crawling to get up the engine without the need for a Climb check.

Their Strike Attacks: 7, 11, 7, 25, 19, 8, 26, 24, 17, 11. Okay, none hit(and I just realized none of them CAN. :? Thankfully there will be something tougher up for the third wave.)

KoS strikes with his Strike power of justice: 21. Hits,

DC25 TOU check: 21, failed. Downed. 3 more in Melee range, attacking the next with Takedown 22, hits. DC25 TOU check: 8, failed. Next Attack: 25. Hits. DC25 TOU check: 14, failed. Final Attack: 30. Hits. DC25 TOU check: 14, failed.

Crusader's turn.

That hits all of them, rolling their TOU saves: 7, 8, 20, 20, 4, 5. None succeed.

Okay, they're down, now for the star attraction...the HULKING BRUTE! From pg.216 of the Core, unaltered except to drop its Impervious to +9. Calling it the Ultragoblin.

It's Initiative roll: 15.

Order is:

Crusader: Unharmed, 3HP

Ultragoblin: Unharmed, GM

KoS will make with the explosive cards(set to non-lethal naturally). Attack roll: 16. Misses by 2.

Crusader's up.

• 4 weeks later...

That hits!

Ultragoblin's DC24(?) save 33!

Okay...it will pick up a railway track tie and throw it at Crusader. Attack roll: 12, misses!

Round Three of the combat. Order:

Crusader: Unharmed, 3HP

Ultragoblin: Unharmed-GM

Kingy will attack with a Razor card.

Attack roll: 15. Rerolling that (2HP) 25!, DC24 TOU save for Ultragoblin: 32!, not happening.

Crusader is up!

• 4 months later...

That hits!

DC24 Toughness save for Ultragoblin: 33. Succeeded.

This'll take some doing, I suppose. Seeing as neither of us have much that can afflict him with Will or Fortitude saves.

EDIT: He throws a heavy thing(the door of a freight car) at King of Suits: 20, so miss. Move action 30ft. closer to Him.

Anyway, next round:

King of Suits: Unharmed, 2HP

Crusader: Unharmed, 2HP

Ultragoblin: Unharmed-GM

King is up, will post tomorrow!

Okay, less screwing around. Just realized the obvious, that KoS DOES have an attack that goes for the Reflex save: his Snares. :facepalm: Right on...

Anyway, Attack roll for the King of Hearts: 32, critical hit! How I wish I had gotten that earlier.

Anyway, DC24 Reflex save for the Ultragoblin: 14. Failed by 10. The ultragoblin is Bound and Helpless.

Crusader is up!