Feng Shui of Melee (OOC)

Taking 10 on a Feint! That will be a DC 31 Sense Motive Check. (I know Glow can't realistically counter this, but this is meant to be a learning experience for her. Dirty Tricks 101) :P

He then tries to trip you, so Melee Attack: 1d20+12=21. Hit, so STR check: 1d20+5=16

You can roll to resist with a STR , DEX, or Acrobatics check. If you beat 16, you don't get tripped and as a free action can try to trip him. :D The ball is also unattended at the moment, so you can try and grab it if you don't get tripped!

Acrobatics is Kristin's best bet at +10. However, 14 thud!.

Now. Standing from prone is normally a move action, but the rulebook says:

Instant Up: You can make an Acrobatics check (DC 20) to stand from a prone position as a free action rather than a move action.

So we'll try that: 13. So no. A move action to get back up then!

She's still in melee range, so for her standard action she'll try to tackle John. Unlikely to actually work but it sounds like something she'd do! :D Melee attack: 8. Oh come on, really?

• 3 weeks later...

Well it would be a shame to waste a perfectly good block.

Kristin will use her Telekinesis in staff-form and attempt to make a trip attack against John.

Melee attack roll: 24 Hooray I rolled a number that doesn't suck! :D I gather John now makes an attack roll and if he hits 24 then he successfully blocks?

If he does miss, Trip is another opposed roll. Dex or Str I think? Kristin has +3 dex, but she also has improved trip so she rolls at +7: 12 :roll: lame.

Ha! I can make that if I roll a 19! But not if I roll a 3 :roll:

I would like to protest that hiding from someone who is actively watching you and trying to hit you is impossible without some kind of decent distraction. Nobody is that good even if the rules say they can be. Hide in plain sight is all well and good, but when you have someone's undivided attention it's pretty silly!

Fair enough. I'll change the action and let-you re-roll. What I was intending and how the system works wasn't exactly jiving in the first place. My apologies! Take a free HP!

Allrighty, He does a disarm check on the staff. Attack Roll: 1d20+12=22, which hits your Def. He rolls a damage check vs. an opposed STR check. 1d20+5=18.

So I need an opposed STR roll (whole stat not modifiers). If you win, you get a free disarm attempt on him! Which can get you the ball! I'm assuming that if he does disarm you, Kristin will merely just have to reform the staff.

So I need an opposed STR roll (whole stat not modifiers)

Bit confused about what you mean here. But anyway. Strength roll: 16. Which is actually pretty good but doesn't win. Hmph.

Anyway, Kristin is going to try an acrobatic bluff as a feint. 15. Invisible castle really has it in for me in this thread.