First and Final Voyage (IC)

"I didn't have to hit anyone," Kit corrects, pointing to one of the men. "I took that one. He's still conscious; just gloomy."

She takes a seat and waits for the posh one to finish his search. "I poked around a bit on that one. No ID, no wallet, no spare change, no pocket knife, nothing he probably had in his pockets when he was taken. Maybe our ghost started a knickknack drawer or something."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Startled by the reappearance of the two so quickly, Wave-Eye looked at them sharpy, inwardly deeply relieved neither seemed to have been hurt. He didn't show it much, though. "You were both lucky. From what this fellow" he jerked his head towards the prisoner "tells me, everyone aboard this ship is related to two ancient human tribes, one from around what you call England, the other a tribe of invaders who came from Asia and conquered much of your Europe. For ease, we shall call them what he does: the conquered, who from what I recall were fond of building and..tearing down, are the First Ones, their conquerors are referred to as the Horseriders, for obvious reasons" he shrugged his large shoulders, watching the prisoner closely "It seems they follow some mighty and terrible sea powers, stronger than many gods, who will wreak an awful vengeance on their ancient Horserider foes, namely by bringing back the spirits of those slain by them to possess the bodies of their descendants, their priest-leader was returned to life by their..patrons.From what this fool is babbling they will devour the flesh of those on board descended from the Horseriders, and then their patrons will eat the divinities the Horesriders worshipped." He looked at the others and added drily "Sadly, this isn't as unusual as it ought to be. At least our path is clear: discern who is from the First Ones and who is from the Horseriders, separate them, and then deal with this wretched curse."

He began neatly sharpening his hard nails on each other, wondering if he would be required to use them. He certainly had little intention of flooding a human ship with water.

Blodeuwedd gave Waveriders information some thought.

“Hmmm, Luck may not have anything to do with it. Myself, along with the unaffected crew member we assisted, are of Celtic stock decedent’s of his kind in his eyes. Whether we’ll be able to use that to our advantage I’m not totally sure we can use that to our advantage, but it worth keeping it in mind.â€

She knelt down beside the two they had recently defeated.

“I suspect there is enough of these horsemen in us that almost everyone is at risk.†She looked up at Kit “Can you still find the source of all this? I suggest we deal it as soon as we can.â€

Not being from Earth, Kit doubts she's at risk. She

"Probably," Kit answers, getting ready to move again. "Just gotta be careful when I take a look, so it doesn't look back. Give me a moment."

She takes a deep breath and focuses, willing herself to go unnoticed by all save her companions, hopefully including the enemy. Where are you? she thinks as her minds eye reaches out for their quarry.

• 2 weeks later...

Muttering under his breath "Amazing. Just like those eon-old grudges, strikes at the worst possible time" Wave-Eye turned wearily back to the prisoner, black eyes a little more intensely focused than last time. "I and these others are going to separate those descended from the Horseriders and your people, keep this worthless bloodshed from happening. I am sorry that your tribe was murdered, but by this point any revenge schemes will be..ill-advised. We have significantly bigger problems to deal with than this petty blood feud, such as getting this hulk to the docks, which we need to break a blasted curse to do." After a moment's thought with his head tilted to one side he twisted his neck around to face the man possessed by the First One and asked "By the way, what will your Priest do if we try and interfere?"

• 1 month later...

Kit searches. And searches. And searches. It's a full couple minutes while the negotiations continue, then finally, Kit opens her eyes.

"Nothing," she grumbles. "Whatever it is, it's hiding. And it's doing a good job of it. Don't know if it can see me, or if it went into hiding after the last time I spotted it. We may have to search the old fashioned way."

The man grinned.

"Ill-advised, how charming." He leaned forward. "I shall use the language you understand best, fish-man. I'll explain everything. You see, our people, we have the ability to control those with our blood. Now, that might sound pathetic... Until you realise the Basque... The Welsh, the Irish... They're all descended from us. Do you know how many of your... Americans have Irish blood? How many of the are in the highest echelons of this nation's power, in access to some of the most devestating weapons in this pitiful species' history? In any species' history? Do not play games with us, fish-man. Take your own life now and we might spare some lives for you."

The man sat back, rather pleased with himself.

"My mother tongue is unspeakable to you, possessing spirit" Wave-Eye snapped, more unnerved by the ghost's words than he was prepared to admit. Turning to Kit with a clack of his nails on the floor he scowled at this news "As we cannot leave the ship, it could hide under the water and never reveal itself for an attack. Ah well, I will search the ship, find whoever of the First Ones' victims I can, and get them secured before they cause more trouble" he glanced over at Blodeuwedd and Lord Steam "If either of you have else anything to ask of this man, now would be the time, he seems quite eager to talk, now that victory is assured" he said with a light sneer at the imprisoned possessee.

Turning on his long heel, he stalked off down the hallway, keeping a finger pressed against the wall to search for errant vibrations.

"Hey, if its power can reach this far, then there's gotta be something we can hit," Kit shoots back, with all the logic of someone who only has a fraction of an idea what she's talking about. "Besides, I can't 'see' that far and it was definitely here earlier. I don't think it got to far. Maybe if I look again from the hold..." She has a random realization and suddenly changes the subject with, "Say, do you think the crew thinks you're crazy, talking to air like that?" Of course, Wave-Eye has no way of knowing the crew can't see or hear her at the moment. I love magic.

"But anyways, no. No questions. At least, none he'd bother answering."

“I suggest we resume searching for the source as soon as possible. And if I may I have something to say to this creature…â€

She leaned in towards the man and switched to her native Welsh.

<â€How DARE you have the gall to think you speak on behalf of my people, we want nothing to do with a conflict that everyone involved has been dust for thousands of millennium.â€> she held Dyrnwyn to the man throat to illustrate the point its unnatural flame casting a glow on there faces <â€I have sworn my life and if necessary my death to ensure entities like yourself no longer meddle in the affair of humanity. You kind are now bound by a Compact, I suggest you retreat now before we are force to destroy your Earthly form.â€>

She stepped back and lowered the sword.

“We must act quick, I may have annoyed him.â€

Kit has no idea what Blod just said, but it sounded angry. The kind of angry that a mind-controlled thug just won't appreciate. Probably something really self-righteous. Hm...

She drops her veil, suddenly appearing in the midst of the crew. Or rather, suddenly removing the block in their minds that kept them from acknowledging her presence in the first place. Much less jarring to drop, and easier to do. Then takes a look at their captive, and his mind starts becoming filled with waves of sorrow and regret.

You're bad and you should feel bad. Well, okay, you're possessed by a piece of something bad, and that piece of it should feel bad. Or... maybe that was a bad idea? Eh, whatever.

"Well in that case," she says to her classmate, changing her own mental subject, "Wanna go check the hold for some cursed relic or something?"

• 2 weeks later...

The whole ship suddenly started to rumble.

"A POINT OF NOTE. WHEN DEALING WITH A GOD, DO NOT TAUNT HIS MESSENGER."

A torrent of water surged up from every side of the boat, spraying up with painful intensity, while one by one, the glass on the portholes exploded outward in a razor-sharp cloud of crystalline, powdered glass, lacerating all but Lord Steam, leaving small cuts all over the bodies of the victims.

"And I was being nice there!"

Kit dives for cover, but too late. She gets blasted and cut, like most of the band. Not one to be intimidated by arrogant spirits calling themselves gods, she gets up. She'd seen far worse creatures begging for mercy. Not begging her, mind, but she knows such creatures are not infallible. It got angry, it made a mistake, and now, it's time to hunt it down and defeat it.

Got you. To pull something like this, this so-called god must have come out of hiding. She takes a deep breath, reaching out to find the entity one more time, before it slips away. "Get ready to move," she announces as she searches.

Flung clear off his feet by the sudden attack, Wave-Eye sprawled to the ground with a furious hissing snarl, getting back up with rasp and screech of his nails against the hull of the ship. Prying a few small shards of glass out from under his scaled hide, he grumbled and licked at the ichor leaking from his torn skin. "I need to toughen my hid" he said aloud to the air "cuts like these would never have hurt me a century ago."

Turning to the possessee he said with a rasp "Your god is certainly quick to avenge! But do not fear, I do not take them lightly, I only despise their aims and wish to stop them" he resumed his stalking, tearing out the scattered barbs that had dug into his flesh, sharp hisses punctuating each removal, adding to Kit as he turned the corner "Good luck on your search! Don't get possessed by a vengeful god or whatever horrible thing could happen"