Right, so, as I understand it, the Toughness DC of the Attack I make needs to be at least 27. This works out well for my mental picture...

Free Action: Combined Attack with Edge

Free Action: Switch Fires of Judgment to Rain of Fire (Blast 12, DC is 27, so it can help out)

Move Action: Get near, or if possible next to, Edge, while still remaining within 120 feet of the beast (probably not hard).

Standard Action: Ranged Attack!

17. Which does hit!

Honestly, I'm sort of picturing CT making a big cannon construct, he starts to fire, and Edge fires a beam through the cannon as well. Or something. I dunno.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wander is Slowed, so she is at -1 to attack and cannot make a move action and a standard action both. Her attack is also at -1. Ick! Luckily, her good buddy Sage will be setting up for her, so the monster will be considerably easier to hit.

Full power attack against the monster, Slowed 1d20+4=21 All right! That's DC 30 toughness, or rather, +2 to the overall damage.

Wraith'll shapeshift:

Super-Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [2pp]

Speed 1 (10mph / 100 feet per Move Action) [1pp]

Strike 5 (Flaws: Distracting, Feats: Improved Critical 2 [18-20], Power Attack, Mighty) [7pp]

[2 + 1 + 7 = 10/10pp]

And then's gonna climb a foo'. Wraith's descriptors aren't so great for straight-up combined attacks, but she IS full of sharp things on demand, so she's going to go thin the monster's defenses a bit before the main attack hits.

Free action: hero point to waive her fatigue from the last round

Move action: Shapeshift.

SURGE Move action: Move to (and up!) the monster.

Standard action: Combined Attack. She'll keep her power attack at -3/+3, since that's all she needs to hit DC28 and be within 5 of Edge's attack bonus of 33.

Melee Attack Roll vs. Gigantosaur (Combined Attack, Power Attack -3/+3) (1d20 + 10 - 3=13)

That's not cool, IC. Time to spend more HP!

Melee Attack REROLL vs. Gigantosaur (Combined Attack, Power Attack -3/+3) (1d20 + 10 - 3=17)

+10 is 27. That'll do; she contributes her +2!

Aaand then to get out of the line of fire she'll just let go and drop. That and her actual attack is why it's distracting!