• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wraith heads to melee range of Edge and shifts:

Speed 1 (10mph / 100 feet per Move Action) [1pp]

Strike 5 (Feats: Improved Critical [19-20], Mighty, Power Attack, Precise) [9pp]

[1 + 9 = 10/10pp]

She surges and makes a fully-shifted melee attack on Edge's snare - DC30 toughness.

Omnibeast:

Standard Action: takes a slice at Wander

That hits; DC 23 Tou save

Move Action: flies 500 ft overhead, tauntingly

Razorwhip:

Still dazed!

Madrigal:

fails her Acrobatics check to stand up as a free action

She takes a move action to get up, and another move action to get out of the mist.

Blood Diamond:

Move Action: Taunts Corbin 15 Pitiful!

Standard Action: Sapphire Shard Attack 18

Man, Blood Diamond is just not doing so well. Her to-hit DC is now 13.

New Round:

Edge: Seized Initiative, 4 HP, bruised

Sage: 32, 4 HP, bruised

Custos: 30,

Wander: 25, 3 HP

Cobalt Templar, 19, 6 HP

Midnight: 19, 6 HP (fatigued at the start of his turn unless he spends an HP)

Discordia: 17,

Hellstorm: 15,

Changeling: 15, 2 HP, bruised

Siegel: 15,

Nightmare Doom: 14

Wraith: 11, 4 HP

Omnibeast: 11,

Razorwhip: 11, bruised

Madrigal: 10, was bruised, now healed

Blood Diamond: 9, bruised

Redbird: 8

The Overriders will get up (and take action) at the end of this round.

Edge:

Full Round Action: Edge Inspires again (-1 HP)

Sage is up

I realize Custos and Wander still have to go, but, after some thinking in chat, I wanted to get this proverbial ball rolling.

Sorus and I want to do a Fastball Special with Sage, except take it to 11, and maybe fire her from a giant cannon. But more generally, Corbin will propel her at the target.

There are a couple of ways this plays out, fluff-wise, in my head.

First, Corbin gets in his big form and manually tosses Sage. A classic move, and probably easy-ish to simulate; Corbin Grapples, Sage willingly misses the save as badly as possible, and he uses his Strength 44 plus Super-Strength to propel her through the air. Not bad, but with Corbin, I think I can do better thematically.

The other option is for Corbin to somehow make a construct that literally shoots Eve; some sort of person-firing cannon. This one...not sure. I mean, is there a way I could Stunt something that gives her a round of Flight or some such?

I have an image in my head of what to do, but I'm not sure how to accomplish it....

Proposed structure for the Person Cannon Version 1.0.1:

Teleport 12 (Extras: Affects Others, Flaws: Limited [Others])

Fluff is a giant cannon that fires Sage like she's using a Biotic Charge from Mass Effect. Bam, instant SageCannon. 8-)

Scrap that. In Giant Form, effective Strength is 94, and per rules on Throwing, that'd be enough to toss her up to a maximum of 47 miles. Which is obviously overshooting, but he'll definitely be able to chuck her toward Hellstorm.

Since there should be plenty of debris on the ground where Wander so recently launched Razorwhip through the trees and out of the arena, Wander will use Quick Draw to grab a branch from the ground, then a standard action to bullet it in Omnibeast's direction. She'll do a full power attack to get it there, still inspired so the plus and minus cancels out.

She gets a 21, missing by one. Boo.

Move action, running long jump to the island where Midnight is taking on all comers. She won't enter the cloud, for fear of leading Omnibeast onto Midnight, but she will Interpose for attacks against him.

Just so Sorus and I are clear, where exactly is Hellstorm at, relative to both Sage and Cobalt Templar?

EDIT:

Right, we'll just go ahead and do this thing.

Move Action: Fly over to Sage

Free Action: Switch to Giant Form, Corbin forms the head (and legs, and arms).

Standard Action: Pick up the tiny Sage person and throw her at Hellstorm. Roughly speaking, aiming to have Sage end up right beside Hellstorm.

Midnight II

Hero Point: Cancel Fatigue from last round.

Free Action: Arrange Gadgets:

Move Object 20 (Flaws: Limited [Direction]) [20PP] (daka crystal weave whip)
Standard Action: Ranged Disarm vs. Madrigal. (1d20+10=28)

Free Action: Arrange Gadgets:

Impervious 12 (Power Feat: Quick Change) [13PP] (current-activated morphic molecule/impervium mesh)

Immunity 10 (Dazzle Effects, Environmental Conditions, Flaws: Limited [Half]) [5PP] (in-mask and suit filters)

Immunity 2 (Suffocation) [2PP] (air supply)

Move Action: Step out of the midnight mist toward Madrigal.

I'm pushing the limits of Gadgets a bit here, so let me know if any of that crosses a line for you, AA. To expand on the descriptors, the whip is using the phlebotinum properties of daka crystals (thank you, King M'Balla) to exert tremendous pull on Madrigal's railgun. She should actually be flat-footed against that attack, too, if that helps at all. The second arrangement is a failsafe option stored in the belt in case Midnight suddenly finds himself in a hostile environment; a store of morphic molecules bonded to impervium molecules that form an instant suit of armor... for as long as the belt's power stores can sustain it. If it runs out of juice, it falls apart again.

EDIT: The rules are a little shaky on whether or not you can arrange a Variable Power more than once in a round when it's a bought down to a free action, so I'll spend an HP and call it a Surge just to make sure we're playing it straight.