Just so I understand, AA, are the 2 HP here in addition to the 2 HP I got at the beginning of the thread (1 for Mark, 1 for being YF 1.5 and Terminus stuff), giving +4 HP total (and thus currently putting me at 7 HP)?

Anyways, ooftah, lots going on here!

So, DC20 Reflex Save: 20 on the dot.

DC20 Will Save: 27, like a boss.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's do this thing, chums. For ease of reference, I'll just say that the bad guys all keep their surprise round initiative this round

Midnight and Madrigal will hit the grounds on their respective initiatives; Madrigal has pushed herself off about twenty feet from the falling Night Cycle.

Edge: Seized Initiative, 8 HP

Sage: 32, 6 HP

Custos: 30,

Wander: 25, 6 HP

Cobalt Templar, 19, 6 HP

Midnight: 19, 7 HP

Discordia: 17,

Hellstorm: 15,

Changeling: 15, 3 HP

Nightmare Doom: 14

Wraith: 11, 4 HP

Omnibeast: 11

Razorwhip: 11

Madrigal: 10

Blood Diamond: 9

Redbird: 8

Edge is up.

Full-Round Action: Inspire (Midnight, Wander, Sage, Cobalt Templar, and Wraith)

SURGE (spending the HP to cancel Fatigue)

Standard Action: Lacking the Concentration to pop himself out, Edge goes ahead and attacks the Snare with his Damaging Move Object 26. The Snare's Tou drops to +14

Mark is at 6 HP.

Sage is up as soon as I post in-character for Edge.

Wander is going to try to attack and disarm Razorwhip, while she is feeling Inspired enough to possibly do so. Move action will be an Acrobatic Bluff, skill mastered DC 32.

Attack is a full Power Attack, 1d20+10 with Inspire. Result is 17. I will spend to reroll if that fails.

Okay, since that hits, and with her Inspiration she beats the disarm check AA rolled automatically, I'm going to have her knock the whip away, then spend an HP for a surge attack.

Surge action is another power attack, same modifiers, with the bat. Result is a 20, which should hit again. DC 30 Toughness Save.

Right, so Inspire's giving a +5 to Attack. That's good. Let's be about it!

Move Action: Fly over to Blood Diamond, melee Range.

Free Action: Fires of Judgement are set on Strike

Standard Action: Melee Attack

19. Per AA that hits (she's in tough-form right now).

DC 27 Toughness Save. Oh, and it's got Penetrating 12, FYI.

Midnight II

Move Action: Remove Redbird's egg from the Night Cycle and stow her away.

Free Action: Arrange Gadgets:

Flight 1 (Extras: Affects Others, Flaws: Gliding) [2PP]

Damage 10 (Extras: Linked, Power Feats: Improved Critical 2) [12PP] + Trip 10 (Extras: Linked, Flaws: Range [Touch], Power Feats: Improved Trip) [6PP]

Standard Action: Falling With Style; Charge, Power Attack 5, Inspire 5. (1d20+16=25)

Free Action: Midnight Mist.

Extra Effort: Surge.

Standard Action: Auto DC 35 Startle vs. Madrigal.

That's a DC 30 Toughness Save and a check vs. an Opposed Trip Power Check. (1d20+10=23) plus the DC 35 save against Intimidation.

Discordia:

Takes a full-round action to coup de grace Edge with her proton stream.

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I would rather Mark not be hit by that Blast 15 without his Defensive Roll, even with Ultimate Toughness.

So instead, we're going to use a rarely-used section of the rules: Countering! Edge's powers are broad enough that he should be able to do this, IMO. Edge spends an HP for an instant counter (rather than a standard action which he doesn't currently have):

I'll say they'll do this array vs. array:

Discordia

Edge

Nice! All right, Edge is unhurt.

Hellstorm:

Hellstorm sees the midnight mist enveloping her boss and flies back down to be a good sport. (Normally she's not a very good team player, but Madrigal has ways of making her pay.)

She goes ahead and takes her standard action trying to blow the mist away as a countering check (since she has Weather Control, I think this is believable).

Not a great roll, but. OK, Giz, give me an Obscure power check.

Spiegel goes into action; he'll go at this point (right after Changeling) in the initiative in all subsequent rounds. Everyone, take an HP for the surprise!

For the lack of a better idea, here are his stats.

He will grab Changeling with his Move Object:

28 which beats her 26

He has Move Object 10, which gives him an effective STR of 50. Changeling weighs 120 lbs.

He can throw her around two thousand feet, give or take.

He throws her into the ocean out to sea, which is considerably closer (1000 ft).

I need a DC 25 Tou save for Changeling hitting the water, and then a DC 10 Swim check.

Nightmare Doom:

spends the round retrieving a deeply-chagrined Razorwhip.

Wraith is up when I post IC.