Burdens of a Legacy (IC)

"One of my all-time favorite speeches," admired Fulcrum as silence descended again. "You deliver it quite well you know."

"Duncan Summers is a stern man, but a very wise one too. He cares deeply about every student that walks through his doors." She sighed and nodded to no one in particular.

"The conflict will not end. Call it suffering, war, or sin, but the conflict will not end," she said, glancing at the contemplative face next to her, "That's why we are here. But you already know that."

After enjoyable minutes of silence, she added, "Ultimately, we are responsible for ourselves."

After a while John glanced over and up at Fulcrum, having an odd glint in his eyes. "It is one of the benefits of having supervillian genetics. Commanding speeches, that is. Second only to the ability to laugh manically." He deadpanned.

"It is something I worry about, going rogue." A ship horn sounded in the distance. "At the same time I am driven to better myself, so in the end if it does happen I am that much more dangerous." A look of consternation crossed Johns' face, before he seemed to think of something.

"However, if I continue to make more allies in the hero community there are more people who would know how to stop me." He looked up to the heroine. "Do any of your allies offer training?"