Incompatible Hardware (OOC)

Nice nat-20, Aoiroo!

Citizen skill-masters a 20

Citizen and Crimson Tiger feel a minor vibration beneath their feet, while Changeling can see the ground crumbling beneath the rows of Christmas trees as terrible things rise from the surface beneath them! Changeling can act normally this round, Citizen and Crimson Tiger can either take a move action or a standard action. (You can spend an HP to surge and do more, of course).

Initiative!

Citizen: 26

3 Vines: 5, 10, and 11

5 is the one going for the Mayor; 10 and 11 are going for the City Hall columns.

Christmas Hate Vines Power Level: 8

Str 30 Dex 10 Con 22 Int — Wis 10 Cha 1

Powers: Elongation 6, Growth 8 (Huge, Permanent, Innate), Protection 4

Combat: Attack +6 (–2 size included), Grapple +26, Damage +10 (strike), Defense +6 (–2 size included), Knockback –13,

Initiative +0

Saving Throws: Toughness +10, Fortitude +6, Reflex +0, Will +0

Abilities –11 + Skills 0 + Feats 0 + Powers 35 + Combat 32 + Saves 0 = Total 56

Okay, I want to do a sweeping illusion where Crimson and Citizen appear to be kneeling (just to the Green Man), while Etain talks him down. During which both Citizen and Crimson Tiger can move freely to get themselves into position, for an attack.

Alright, going to roll Concentration for substaining the Illusion for this round, 31, that holds. Anyway, the illusion should hold that they will willingly go to turn into hybrids for the round, as well as likely be attacked, but even if they are damaged, they shouldn't feel it, if he doesn't beat the will save. Etain going is now part of the illusion so everyone is pretty much concealed more or less while they are attacking the Green Man. DC 22 Will for him to feel being damaged and the like.

Not only does doing damage without the attacked person noticing require the Insidious power feat, in general I find what you're describing to be a pretty unfair use of the Illusion power, Aoiroo. We're already pretty broad with what we let you do with Changeling's powers (an argument could be made, for example, that she shouldn't be able to hide (as opposed to disguise) things from her targets at all, since that's the Concealment power rather than the Illusion power) and what you're describing is further than I'm willing to go.

(You might want to take a look at comic book illusionists like Mastermind and Mysterio to get an idea of stuff you can do with Changeling: while Mysterio might disguise Daredevil to look like the Kingpin so Spiderman will beat on him and look like a chucklehead, he doesn't give Spiderman invisible beatdowns.)

So while you can keep your Illusions up, and he's going to need to work to see through them, no, I'm going to say you cannot attack from behind them in such a way that he doesn't even know he's taking damage.

Go ahead and roll for initiative, folks.

Citizen: 18

5 Animated Trees: (with the same stats as the monsters from earlier in the adventure)19

Green Man: 25

• 2 weeks later...