A New Team!

Hello all! Arichamus and I have been thinking about this for quite some time now. We've come to the conclusion that our characters, Voltage and King of Suits, make an effective team.

Then we decided we want to expand it beyond that.

So, here's a short and sweet version of what we're looking for;

The Team: The Sentinels! (This name is not set in stone, if you feel you have a good suggestion, feel free to say it, even if you don't plan to join the team)

Members: 4 to 7, with 5 as an ideal.

Focus: This team will probably end up fighting a lot of science and technology villains, but that's not set in stone. We'll accept any kind of hero, and an individual hero's personal baggage may or may not result in fighting their personal kinds of threats.

Power Level: We'd like to stick to somewhere in the 10-12 range.

Team Description

The Sentinels would be a fairly loose association of heroes. Think the Defenders, only not quite as hostile to each other.

Other Points of Interest

We would like players who plan on sticking around on site, and have at least a little experience with playing. We would also like players who as yet do not have a character on a team. Exceptions may be made, of course, but we'd rather give people a chance to be on a team that haven't yet.

None of these details are set in stone as of yet, other than the two founding characters, Voltage and King of Suits. That, and the number of characters. Even a team as big as 7 would be hard pressed to appear in a thread together without slowing it to a crawl.

This is not King of Suits and Voltage doing a roll call for new people. This is being done with the intent to eventually set up the team. If we know which characters will be involved, we can do a series of threads that connect them, test the possible inter-character relationships, and then naturally and organically establish the team.

I will say this one final note. Please understand that we have no idea how many people are going to volunteer for this. This is not going to be First Come, First Serve. Arichamus and I will decide who's on the team once we we're sure no one else wants on it.

After that, however, team members will get equal opinions in all matters. We may be setting this up, but we're not going to maintain an iron grip on the team, everyone who joins will get a say.

If you're interested, feel free to post. If you have any further questions, concerns, or ideas, you can PM either Arichamus or myself, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks for volunteering! Stormbreaker looks like she'd be an excellent addition to any group. Odds are low space-travel will be much used, but a flying space-galleon is about as stylish a mode of transport as one could wish.

While not a tech based hero Quintessence was enhanced using advanced alien tech and Is also an astronomer. In addition to that he has the ability to function in space without ship and is very interested in space. I do not know if he is what your looking for specifically, but I would be interested in your team.

A teacher with a magic shield and an alien-improved flying brick? Sounds like Sentinel material to me! Okay, this brings us to six people, so we're going to get talking about how to set this thing up proper.

We've got space for another member, but 5-6 is the preferred lineup by Thunder King, so we'll get this started. Who knows? Maybe they'll meet a Green- Ranger-type of fellow and expand the old roster. Anyway, feel free to ask if you think your char would be a good fit.

EDIT: So yeah, Crusader doesn't have a magic shield in actuality, just a connection to his forebears and a shield made of impervium. My mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMGWTFBBQ

Alright, while I wonder if a potential AEGIS connection would be a good or bad idea, I have no objection to Victory being at least a part-time member. Perhaps he's asked to keep an eye on the team in case they need a nudge now and then to keep them on-course(with all the dramaaaa that entails)?

What do you guys think?

Okay, this is getting just a tad bit crazy.

1) I never said anything about Victory becoming a member of the team. I am, however, quite willing to have him be a team liaison with AEGIS, and possibly making requests of the team handed down from AEGIS.

2) I have an idea about what to do with this scenario.

If Corporal Cosmos joins the team, we would have three space-oriented heroes on the team; Stormbreaker, Corporal Cosmos, and Quintessence. We would have four people who aren't; Voltage, King of Suits, Ironclad and Crusader.

My basic notion is that while all seven members are members of Vanguard, there are, in practice two 'teams' within the team, the Space Team, and the Earth Team. Much like how the X-Men have multiple teams under the same banner, we could potentially do the same.

At this point, we've bloated far beyond the potential to have a single thread with everyone in it if we plan for the thread to end within a year or so.

I'm going to state right now that barring someone backing out, Vanguard is no longer recruiting, looking for new members, or able to accept new members. The final team roster is as thus;

Voltage

King of Suits

Stormbreaker

Quintessence

Crusader

Ironclad

Corporal Cosmos (Tentative)

This is the final roster. As much as I'd like to let everyone in, the team is already so big we cannot run a thread with all members, any more and we won't have any kind of cohesion at all.