Kit

Blue Rose

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I'm the girl from Hell.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

My working name's Kit, but a lot of folks just use that instead of my given name.

What is your full birth name?

I don't know if I had a birth name. I think I was one when Shrike gave me 'Samantha,' but that's as early as I know. Fox gave me 'Kit' and Miss Vance gave me her last name.

Where do you live?

Right now? I'm living on-campus at Claremont.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I'm almost positive I'm sixteen, which would mean I was born in 1995 or 1996. Maybe '94.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I'm a girl.

How would you describe your heritage?

As far as the doctors can tell, I'm all human. Oh, caucasian, if that's what you're asking.

How tall are you?

Five-foot-nothing. But I'm still growing! I hope...

What is your body type?

I'm kinda a twig. I've been working on that, but... yeah, not changing any time soon.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Does having my soul sold count? I mean, I still have it, but as far as any demons are concerned, it's fair game. And no making jokes about gingers not having souls! I get too many of those already.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

Can I be stealthy? Ha! I'm the sneakiest Claremont's ever seen. Learned from the best, and proud of it.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I'm a ginger. Red hair, green eyes, fair skin, freckles. I don't like growing my hair out past my shoulders; gets in the way. And it's hard enough to tame to begin with.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Oh yes, the sixteen-year-old girl totally has a big, bushy beard hanging down to her knees. Nah, I just try and get my hair more-or-less tame and just let it hang straight. Sometimes it's long enough for a decent pony tail.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Clearly.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Demonic brand on my back. I don't suggest looking at it too closely; it doesn't quite follow the rules of mortal geometry. It's never driven anyone crazy, but it has given more than its share of headaches.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I don't think so.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I think so? But I was taught to use both hands so long ago that I don't really remember.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Big problem there is, if I use my powers a lot, my brand heats up and it can burn through clothes, so I have to wear something loose or just not cover my back. A low-back shirt, jeans, and a shrug or a scarf I can take off easily will usually do it.

Do you wear makeup?

Rarely.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I may have been called shrill once or twice...

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I'm a bit jumpy. I've had to be wary most of my life, so I'm always on the alert, always overreacting to little moves and sounds. Makes some people think I'm a bit of a spaz.

History

Where do you come from?

Hell. Well, Dis, but it's a planet that's made so many deals with demons that it may as well be a part of Hell.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I escaped Dis to Chicago, then Miss Vance sent me to Freedom City.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I'm not actually a citizen... anywhere. Dis doesn't have any sort of concept, and I'm not a U.S. citizen yet. Not sure what I have to do to become one, but I'm sure Miss Vance'll take care of the paperwork there if it's about to matter.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It's Hell. Literally.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

I never really had a home town until Chicago. We moved around too much before then. And Chicago... was a lot better than where I came from. I prefer Freedom City, though.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Well, I wasn't one of the galaxy's most vicious and hardened criminals. Or a demon. So... no, they weren't. Even with Shrike there, I really had to look out for myself and get out of trouble.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I've always been really good at getting places I'm not supposed to be, getting things I'm not supposed to have, and getting away without being seen. Handy skills when I was with Fox, but... well, not exactly a perfect fit for hero work. Still, not a lot of heroes can do what I do. Also, we wouldn't have gotten off of Dis without my skills.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

There was a lot while I was on Dis, but the biggest was getting off. Shrike gave his life to get me out of there.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

There are a lot, but... I'll give you the one that ended up getting me into heroing. This was just a couple years back, while I was still working with the Phantom Fox. We were pulling a heist on the Foundry. The security was so insane I could barely get in alive. Getting out after we tripped the alarm was worse, but Fox had disappeared earlier to set up a 'distraction' to get us out of there.

As soon as she got back? Boom. She set the main reactor to blow, took out half the installation. She killed people. We may have been thieves, but we were never murderers. I don't know who that was who came to get me, but that wasn't the Fox who raised me. I decided then and there it'd be safer to leave with AEGIS than with her.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Well, I used to be a supervillain; Mouse had delusions that he could actually conquer here on Earth. I helped him out. At least, until he got caught and Fox picked me up.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

None, up until Claremont. Shrike and Mouse taught me a lot as a squirt, then Fox started giving me a proper education herself, plus teaching me more of The Trade. Miss Vance tutored me to the point where I'm more or less on par with the other Claremont students. Still behind on Earth history, though.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

From Dis? Nothing. It was all I could do to survive. From Fox, I still have my old costume, even though I've long since outgrown it. And she's the one who gave me my hero name.

And I have an emerald ring we knicked from the Alchemeister before he, y'know, destroyed himself. Fox always let me keep one trophy from big heists, and that one was my favorite. I lost my entire stash when I turned myself in, but I kept my ring on me as a good luck charm. Still do, though I don't wear it. It's... let's just say I'm saving it.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

Well, I didn't really decide on heroing. I got off the wrong side of the law when the Phantom Fox started killing people because I never want to become... that. When Miss Vance adopted me, she decided I'd be her sidekick, which didn't work out, then she sent me to Claremont. It was kinda forced on me, but I'm fine with it. Now that I'm out of The Trade, there's not a whole lot for me to do with my powers except for heroing.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Nah.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Did I mention I don't technically own my soul?

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Well, I do tell folks I'm a witch. Most folks take that better than telling 'em my powers come from hellfire and demonic essence.

And I try not to give out too many details about my powers in general. They lose a lot of their kick if folks know exactly what they're up against.

Oh, and a lot of my powers are misrepresentation. Illusions are like that and all.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Well, I'm still going through the fallout from the big ones. AEGIS caught me for working with Fox, and they know about the ex-supervillain thing. Miss Vance helped me out of that one, so as long as I behave, I'm in the clear. Compared to that, anything else is just... an inconvenience, really. I mean, I don't want folks to know my powers are demonic, or what I can really do, but it's not the end of the world if they do.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Big time. It's no secret I used to work with the Phantom Fox. Heck, I still work under the name she gave me.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

I have no idea. My father was dead long before I was born, and my mother didn't last much longer.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Well, there was Shrike. He took care of me on Dis; he was the closest thing I ever had to a dad. And Mouse, the imp. He was my owner when I was on Dis. Taught me a lot about sneaking, and got me most of my power. Not a nice guy, but useful. He's in AEGIS custody now, and he belongs there.

After that, there was the Phantom Fox. The greatest thief in the world, bar none. She used to be amazing. If Shrike's the closest thing I had to a dad, Fox is the closest thing I had to a mom. She taught me almost everything I know about The Trade, and that there can still be honor and dignity among thieves. Until she went crazy. And now, there's Miss Vance. I... wouldn't really say she's raising me. More like she prepped me and passed me off to Claremont. I'm not mad at her or anything, but we aren't very close. I think of her more like folks seem to think of an aunt. An aunt who faces down crime lords and alien invaders for a living.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Well, when he was with me, Shrike was an escaped slave and sometimes resistance fighter. Mouse was a pawn; sometimes higher-ranking demons called him as an information broker, but mostly, they left him alone as a useless annoyance. The Phantom Fox is the greatest thief on Earth, and Miss Vance is sole heiress to her family's fortune, so she uses that to fight crime. She's public about that, now.

Where are your parents now?

My birth parents? Dead. Shrike? Also dead. Mouse is sealed away in AEGIS custody. No idea where the Phantom Fox is right now; I've only heard a few heists from her since I left, and Miss Vance is still fighting out of Chicago.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Until I was with Miss Vance, we did a lot of moving around. Lot of folks after us, and we had to stay one step ahead of 'em.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Going down the list? I argued with Shrike way too much for him being the only person on the planet looking out for me, but... well... he may have been crazy-tough, but he wasn't the sharpest. Even as a little thing, I was a lot cleverer.

Now, Mouse? Dealing with him was all business. I mostly just used him to learn some tricks and tried to deal with him as little as possible. Which was quite a lot, since it was just him, me, and Shrike pretty much the whole time I was on Dis. Haven't talked to him since he got caught.

Then, there's the legendary Phantom Fox. We didn't exactly part on good terms, but when she first picked me up, she was amazing. At the time, she was everything I ever wanted to mean. She had style, grace, honor, beauty. The best thief in the world, yet she managed to stay a decent human. And she could live it up like nobody's business. I worshipped her. I wanted to be her. She was kind, she shared everything with me, taught me everything, shared a life of adventure, and I ate it all up. I... I don't know why she changed, but... I guess everything has to end.

Now, there's Miss Vance. She's alright. Doesn't really know how to get along with people, though. We don't talk much, though.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

I think Shrike saw me as his last chance at redemption. He'd be proud. Mouse is probably just mad I haven't sprung him out; he's always considered me just a stubborn tool. Fox... I have no idea what's going through her mind anymore. And Miss Vance? I think she's happy I'm on the right side of the law now, but I get the feeling she's taking care of me more for what she used to have with Fox than anything else.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

None that I know of. If I do, they're probably dead by now, but maybe they're still surviving on Dis. But folks rarely have kids on Dis, so probably not.

What was your birth order in the family?

I was definitely the last.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

No idea.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Nope.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I... I do. Even after everything, I still can't get over Fox. Whatever's wrong with her, I really hope she gets over it, even if things can't ever be like they used to be again.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Fox used to be a mentor, but I guess Miss Vance is filling that role now. We may not get along that great, but her bag of tricks is pretty impressive, and she still shares a few every now and then.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I don't really have a family, in that sense.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

I couldn't tell you.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Oh, no.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I'm not even thinking about kids right now. Plenty of time for that later.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

I'm not looking for anything serious right now. Just someone I can have some fun with.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Not really. Couldn't really make friends on Dis. Or when I was working for Mouse on Earth. Or when I was with Fox. Claremont's really my first chance, and I haven't been here long.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

No.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

Miss Vance might worry. And whoever AEGIS has watching me right now would probably freak.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Not like you mean it, I don't think.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Mouse might be pissed at me for leaving him with AEGIS, but that's about it. At least, I hope it is, but... Fox isn't what she used to be.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Most folks I've made mad are either more interested in Fox, trapped in a nigh inescapable hellhole, or they're AEGIS and they've already done their thing.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Somebody sold my soul. I'm just glad Shrike saved me before some demon or another actually took it. No idea who did it, though.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I don't know anymore.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

That used to be Fox, but she's gone.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I don't waste my time holding grudges.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

I admire someone who can stick to their guns. People who have their goals or their values, and can keep with it until they win. Not always necessarily a good thing, but I can respect it. And I think I can do it.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Anyone who doesn't have a sense of humor. No need to take life so serious.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Nah. My identity's public.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

Oh yeah. Surprises a lot of folks for some reason, but I've never worked solo, I can't really pound evil into submission, and my abilities cover a lot of ground other folks' can't even begin to cover. I don't really have much leadership, but I do need someone who's willing to actually use my talents rather than bashing through the front door and blasting everything to bits.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Nope. Well, unless you count Claremont.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

Not really.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Shrike and Fox, back before she went crazy.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Yeah. Both of them. I used to think Shrike was invincible when he gave his life for me. I shut down after that, let Mouse use me, didn't really wake back up until Fox saved me. Then, she betrayed everything she raised me to believe.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yeah. It's a lot more reactive than being a world-class thief, lots of dull downtime, but it's still fun. I'm mostly in it for the adventure.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Clearly, there was something that made me switch sides; I did it twice already. I guess I'm on Claremont's side now? If Claremont starts being the bad guys, I'd turn on 'em. But I don't think things are as simple as heroes and villains.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

A year? Pass classes, do some heroing, and don't tick AEGIS off, I guess.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I'm... not used to thinking that far ahead.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

It'd always been losing what few people I actually cared about, but... that's already happened. Twice. And I'm still going. Heck, I'm stronger than ever.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Never. There's always another way. I'm not gonna martyr myself and leave everyone else with the hard work.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Gimme.

Hey, a girl has needs, and I ain't one to settle. I need my spending cash. Miss Vance is a lot tighter than Fox used to be, but I usually have some spending money. Briefly.

How do you generally treat others?

However they deserve. Be decent and you'll be treated decent. Be a jerk and you're fair game.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

At best, I trust but verify. I learned long ago not to trust anyone completely.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I'm awesome. I know it. And I'll let you know it.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Well, since they're clearly going to be on their knees before my glory, I'd start by giving them permission to bask in my radiance. I'm certainly not going to mask my own insecurities by using humor to change the subject.

What are your most annoying habits?

A lot of stuck-up types tell me I don't take anything seriously.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

I'd rather really get to know someone, so that I can hate them on a more personal level. Well, no, I'd rather write 'em off as not worth dealing with or take 'em down and put 'em in a jail cell.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Fresh fruit. Rarest treasure there was back on Dis and I can't get enough, but my favorite have to be strawberries. Can't get enough.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Well, I do drink entirely too much milk.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

A proper sundae. And I'm not talking just some ice cream and maybe some whipped cream. I'm talking a real sundae, the minimum I'll accept is a three-scoop, three-flavor banana split with hot fudge, nuts, some fruit, whipped cream, and a cherry on top. Well... okay, a parfait's the minimum. But any less than that and it's not a real sundae!

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Unless it's way too spicy, I'll eat just about anything.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like blue. I don't look good in it, but there wasn't much blue on Dis.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I've never really had a lot of music. Fox and Miss Vance are big on classical, and I'm fine with it as long as it isn't too obnoxious.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Fresh bread.

Do you have a favorite animal?

A fox, of course. Well, right after my cat, Soot.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

My ring. It's the only piece I have left from the horde I built with Fox.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I've had enough 'roughing it' for one lifetime, thank you.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

I'm certainly not cut out for grunt work.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Ha! No.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Nope.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Not a part of one.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Could I? Yes. Will I? Never.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

It's all that separates us from the monsters.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Maybe in self-defense, but that doesn't really apply in this business. Or in The Trade, for that matter.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I wouldn't react. I'd act and I'd stop it in the first place, no matter who it was.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I'd steal it right back, with interest!

How would you react to public humiliation?

In kind, of course.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

It happened to me, and I shut down, let Mouse call the shots without question for... too long. I like to think I'm stronger now, but I don't know, and I'd rather not find out.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Making yourself a martyr. There's always another way, and it's unforgivable to just leave so everyone else has to pick up your slack.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Screw the five things, I'm finding a way to live. And I don't care how hopeless you say it is to make the question work.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Plenty. Shrike taught me some self-defense, Mouse helped me snag my powers, Fox taught me The Trade, and Miss Vance taught me a thing or to on actual heroing.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Definitely the Phantom Fox. Closest thing I ever had to a mom.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Plenty. Not many folks are taught by the world's greatest thief, or stole a mess of demonic power, after all.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

Just a student. Used to be a thief.

What is your preferred combat style?

I prefer not fighting at all, getting my way with stealth, sabotage, and trickery. Though most heroes don't seem to appreciate subtlety, so I usually end up sowing some chaos among the baddies while the team starts their bash.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

They don't exactly give out awards for thievery.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I'm already world class at what I do, and I don't really want to learn to actually fight better; I'd rather get by without that, even if I'm not gonna have much choice there. So... I would like to learn to cook some day.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

Other than Fox and maybe Miss Vance, I've never met anyone better than me. And I milked them for all they were worth, learned as much as I could.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

I haven't really been here long enough to get much of a routine going. Well, other than school hours, and when that gets interrupted, it's usually something fun like a rampaging supervillain.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Well, there's shopping, when I have the cash. Shrike taught me chess, and I played that a lot with Fox and Miss Vance. Never could beat any of them... well, I take that back. I did beat Miss Vance once, but she was in bad shape after Fox went rogue. Didn't let on, but I could tell.

What do you do for fun?

See above? I hang out sometimes, too. Explore the city, whatever's going on. Not big on movies- too much sitting around doing nothing- but I like music. Anything I can dance to.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

No. I tried a few, but none of them work.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Well, the big thing I avoid is anything with a back. When I start throwing around a lot of power, the brand on my back could burn through my clothes. Sometimes I'll wear a scarf or a shrug to cover up a bit more, since that's easy to take off if I have to battle evil or something.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

My... underwear? This is starting to get a bit creepy.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

I don't wear it, no.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Like I'd answer that.

Then again, I don't really have much in the way of valuables anymore. At least, not anything particularly worth stealing. Most valuable thing I own is my ring, and that's usually in my pocket.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Shadow-walking, on both counts. Very convenient.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

Nope. I have no intentions of dying any time soon.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I don't think my brand can actually be destroyed.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Living a long, healthy life with a vast fortune.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Only if I wanted to, but I know what I'm standing for. If the public goes against that? Well... there may be problems.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

Skulduggery. I love that word.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Brute violence.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Be careful who you trust. You know the game; everyone has an angle, even the ones you want to give the benefit of the doubt. Try not to second-guess yourself there, and you'll save yourself a lot of knives in the back. Just don't go overboard, or you'll end up a paranoid hermit.

Edited by Blue Rose