Corporal Cosmos

VideoGeek

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I'm a half breed alien who wasn't going to be a hero until I ended up with mom's old space armor, and wanted to try it out.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Steve, Stever, Steve-O, Bur Steve, and my personal favorite, Cosmonaut

What is your full birth name?

Steven Charles Burnham

Where do you live?

Grenville

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

17, 1995

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Male

How would you describe your heritage?

Half human, half alien. Dad is Polish, I don't know exactly what mom is, but I assume my allergies are hers. (Note: Frank is actually a Grue, but brainwashed and locked into a human form. Steven is unaware)

How tall are you?

5'7"

What is your body type?

Lanky

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Not really. (Note: Steven, and all Gren, have a weakness to mental abilities, but he has not discovered this yet)

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I'm pretty quick and co-ordinated, but I try not to stick out. I slouch sometimes. I can sneak reasonably well, I suppose, though I don't really try to very often.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

My skin is very lightly tanned, dad is super-pale, but I spend a fair amount of time outside. My eyes are bright bright green, and my hair is jet black.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I keep it a little long, down to about my cheekbones, but I don't do a lot with it, just kind of brush it back and forget it. I don't get facial hair. As in I don't grow any, not as in I don't understand it.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I think I probably should be, I'm in awesome shape, but I don't get a lot of attention.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

No, I always heal up pretty well, including that time I had my ear pierced. Took it out during dinner the next day, and it closed right up, couldn't even tell it was there.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I'm lanky and muscular with shaggy hair, I look like every rock star since 1975.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I'm right-handed

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Levi's and tight t-shirts. Sometimes a polo.

Do you wear makeup?

No. I had a girlfriend that always wanted to put eye-liner on me though.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I'm not real sure what that's supposed to mean. My voice stopped cracking last year, it's pretty low now, I guess.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I pace when I'm bored, or stressed, or really just not doing something that requires I be sitting down. I have an eye twitch when I'm annoyed, or really tired. People sometimes make fun of my twitch, but I barely notice it anymore.

History

Where do you come from?

OOOUUUUTTTEEERRRRRRR SPAAAAAAAAAACE!!! Well, mom does, anyway. I'm from Ohio.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

When dad realized I was developing a little further than is human, he started to wonder if mom wasn't what she said. Then, when she died in action, and her armor came to me, I of course got seen almost immediately, and we moved to Freedom.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I don't really care about the government much. Doesn't seem like it's done a whole lot for us. They'd probably want to experiment on me or something anyway.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

There's some museums. The Football Hall of Fame is fun the first couple times. Not a lot to do, really.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Canton is a ways south of Cleveland, in mid-Ohio. There's some museums, but really not a whole lot else. Freedom City is much more interesting

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I didn't know a whole lot of other half-aliens, so yeah, a minority. No one seemed to notice, though. Mom's one of those aliens that look just like a white person, I guess. By my teens, I had to quit going out for athletics and start keeping a low profile so no one would catch on. I might've been more popular if I'd stayed in sports, but I get why I couldn't. Still anoying how everyone turns on you in Ohio when you quit the football team.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I'm really really good at athletics. I'm not great at a whole lot else. I'm really bad at math. The armor does most of its own calculations, fortunately, but it's a problem sometimes. I can't figure out how to use some of its features right.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

I never knew my mom. Apparently she hooked up with my dad once, came back and stayed when she realized she was pregnant, and once she'd recovered from my birth, left to be a hero again and didn't contact us, supposedly "to protect us from her enemies". I wonder how many siblings I have? Dad was exceptionally normal and stable otherwise, though. No other women ever seemed to stick around for long though, I think I may have weirded them out, or maybe dad just never quite got over mom, I don't know. He still has some pictures of her around.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Other than mom leaving, probably the biggest defining moment was probably when I threw a kid off of me during a pickup game of football in middle school, and broke his collarbone. Since then I've had to be extremely judicious about my strength, and quit playing sports. Got called a pansy and a coward a lot for quitting over something "so minor", but it's Canton, football is kind of a big deal there.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I was really rambunctious and hyper-active. I ran around and climbed on stuff all the time. I broke my foot jumping off a jungle gym when I was really little. It got better on its own though.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I'm in my senior year of high-school, and just transferred to Claremont. I never liked school a whole lot, I'm not good at math or science, but I did get to hang out with other people, and while I was on the sports teams I was pretty popular. Got worse in high school, though.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I have an old signed football I won in a bet. I don't even know who signed it, but I keep it on principle. I also have a bunch of trophies from pee-wee football.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

When mom's armor came to me after she died, I figured I should learn how to use it, since it was there. With all the crazy powers it's got, being a hero seems the obvious choice. Some people probably would have decided to be a hero just with my strength and dexterity, but I'm not quite that altruistic. It is a better reason to be looked up to than just being good at sports though, so I think I'll stick with it.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I usually tell people I really just want to help, because saying I do it because I can and it gets people to pay attention to me again sounds kind of pathetic.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I still have nightmares about the sound of that kid's collarbone snapping sometimes. Thing is, there was too much noise at the time for me to actually hear it, and it broke when he hit the ground, I wasn't touching him. But in my dreams, I can feel and hear it to the exclusion of almost anything else.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I try to come off as chill and relaxed, but I'm not sure anyone buys it. People get annoyed if I act all hyper all the time. Really I just want to run around and do things, though, not sit around and read and work.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I'd have to find a way to keep Dad safe, but other than that, I'm really not too concerned. For now, I'll try to play it close to the vest for him, though. I don't think he wants to move again.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Not that I know of.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

My dad is Frank Burnham, my mom was the hero Sergeant Space, I don't know her real name, but she told my dad it was Michelle Moritz.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Dad raised me on his own.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Mom was a super-hero, but she wasn't affiliated with any super-teams I know of. Dad's a sanitation engineer (read: glorified janitor).

Where are your parents now?

Dad is in our new place in Grenville, Mom's body disintegrated after her armor brought her to me in our backyard.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We stayed in the same house that used to belong to my grandparents my whole life, until recently.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I never knew mom's folks, my dad's died when I was young, but they left us the house.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

Dad is proud, and thinks I can do something more with my life than he did with his. Mom would probably think I'm an idiot who can't figure out this armor properly, I know she did all sorts of other stuff with it.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

No.

What was your birth order in the family?

Only child.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

It's just me & Dad, no room for hate.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Dad's the only one I've ever talked to about my powers.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I'm a pretty black sheep, I guess, but it's just us.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

My mom was a super-hero.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I don't know if I want kids, I don't even know how my biology will develop going forward.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone really energetic, who doesn't worry a whole lot, but not too chipper. People who are always happy weird me out.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I had a couple friends back home, first when we played football in our backyards, then, after I stopped, I made friends with some of the nerdier kids, since no one liked them either. They were alright, but they made me feel dumb a lot.  They're the ones who called me "Bur Steve", using that part of my last name like a dumb noise, like "Duh"

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Not really, people are kind of dicks when you're weird.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My dad, probably no one else.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Not really, I had a couple girlfriends, but mostly they just dumped me because I was too flighty and unpredictable (supposedly).

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Not really, just some jerks I went to school with

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

By being pathetic and burning out and selling used cars to real enemies?

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Some of the football players in high school pranked me a bunch or times when I wouldn't join the team. Some of them were pretty mean, but I busted one of their noses before it got too fierce.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Me, my dad, everyone else, then my mom's people.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

My dad, I can tell him anything, and he never judges, just tries to help the best he can.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

My mom, for abandoning us, and whoever killed her before she set it right.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Intelligence and determination. I'm not real smart, and I tend to jump from one thing to the next a lot, so not really.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

I don't like people who are jerks to people who are different from them, or really judgemental people. I can be kind of a dick right back to people who are like that, which doesn't make me any better.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Only dad knows I'm half alien. A few of my really close friends knew I was really strong, and being nerds, they probably figured something was up, but they left me alone about it.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I'm probably better off having orders to follow, I have a short attention span.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Not yet, but maybe I'll join one later.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I used to be on a couple teams as a kid, but not anymore.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

My dad, while he's not exactly a rousing success in any normal terms, is a really down-to-earth, responsible kind of guy, and I can respect that. And he'd do anything for me, like move to the coast so I can attend a school where I'll fit in. I think Duncan Summers might be my newest hero, starting this school just for supers and managing to keep it on the down low like this.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

It's hard to ever take heroes seriously when one abandons you before you even have memories.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

It's pretty okay. I like the admiration, and the feeling like I'm helping people.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

If I start getting in over my head, or I lose the armor I would probably quit. I don't think I'd ever be a villain, but if I thought I could do right using crime I might give it a shot.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Graduate, have a girlfriend, figure out how all the features on this suit work

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I want to be a big shot hero, with a family I can take care of in my secret identity, and provide for at the same time.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

I don't want to lose control and hurt someone again. The suit has come close a couple of times, but I found a shutdown command for when it starts getting dangerous. If I'm getting too close to people and start to lose control, I'll reboot and start back up once I'm away from the public.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

I don't know. I don't think so.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

I like to show off and spread the wealth a bit when I have any money. I like having nice things and money, I never did growing up.

How do you generally treat others?

I try to be nice, but a lot of times I just don't think about other people, or verbally lash out when I'm mad.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I trust my dad, and I mostly trust my friends from home, but I still didn't ever acknowledge my powers or heritage.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I am confident in my extroversion.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I try to flirt, but I get laughed at as often as not, so my lines might be too cheesy.

What are your most annoying habits?

I'm easily distracted, and I can get really excitable.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

People with sense of superiority. They just make me mad with their attitude.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I like pizza, especially with anchovies. I eat fast, usually, and in large amounts.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Mountain Dew. I've been to a couple parties where they had "Jungle Juice," it's different every time, but I really like grabbing the fruit from the bottom of the cooler at the end of the night.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Probably that fruit from the jungle juice. Or strawberry shortcake, with chocolate over top of it.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Beets, and canned spinach.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I really like green. I don't like yellow or brown very much.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I really like electronica and dubstep. I cannot STAND country and folk music.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Ozone. Weird, I know.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Monkeys seem pretty cool. Cartoons assure me you can have them in space, too.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

Does my armor count as one thing? If so, I'd say that.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

The woods can be fun, but I don't know that I'd actually want to sleep out there.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Advanced mathematics? Now that I've said that, it's gonna turn out to be necessary to use this suit, just watch.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Not really, no. You'd be surprised how many religions still haven't gotten around to dealing with the known existence of aliens. Or janitors. Dad raised me to be Christian, I guess, but in a non-specific kind of way, and I don't really think about it much.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Not really.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

I don't attend services anywhere, or even really have a denomination I really identify with. Dad was raised Lutheran, but we haven't gone to church except for special events since I was little.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I have not. I really don't want to. I don't know if I could or not. Except for Keres, him I think I could do.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

He killed my mom before I ever even got to speak to her. That's her fault as much as his, but I can't deal with her, so he'll have to do.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

If there are a lot of lives at stake, I could see killing someone. But it seems like there's usually another option if you're clever or strong enough.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I think that depends on the circumstances, but obviously I'd be more upset about someone killing a friend of mine than an enemy or a stranger.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

Take it back. And maybe mess up some of their stuff on my way out. Knock over a lamp or something.

How would you react to public humiliation?

With greater, and more public, humiliation, probably.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

My mom was killed by Keres, and a news crew caught it on tape. I'll get him back if I can, but I don't know how yet.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Enslaving someone, or rape, maybe. Taking away someone's right of choice. At least death is relatively quick.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I would take dad out to a football game, humiliate the biggest bully I know at the time, try any new foods I haven't gotten around to yet, recruit some backup, and then go take out Keres in any way possible, and if he kills me in the process, so what? I'm taking him with me.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Football teaches you how to sprint and hit hard, but other than that, not really, no.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

I'm really new to all this, but my own powers are just speed and strength, really. I'm still trying to figure the suit out, I don't know if anyone knows how it works, really.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Not really, nothing that isn't explained by just being extra strong or fast.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I worked at a fast food place for a while. I don't have a job in Freedom City yet.

What is your preferred combat style?

Hit hard, hit fast, and get out before they hit back.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

I got a couple trophies in pee wee football, but that's it.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I wish I could figure out all the things my suit could do. I kind of wish math didn't give me such a headache.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I tend to pester them with questions, if they're the type I can ask about my armor. Most people I don't mention it to, though. And it's not like the armor is a physical thing I can take off and show them, it doesn't exist when I'm not wearing it. So mostly I just bug them for ideas as to how I could do things better.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Normal is subjective. Lately, I go to class, trudge through it, and then cut loose in phys ed, and spend the afternoon hanging out, or practicing in my armor.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Now that I'm around other super-humans, hopefully we can play some sports again. I also like food. A lot. My metabolism is ridiculous.

What do you do for fun?

Flying is AMAZING. I also enjoy just generally running around.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

I have a silver helmet, gauntlets, boots and a belt, with neon green accents, and a field of stars filling out the rest of my outfit. It forms around me when I activate my suit.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Jeans and a t-shirt, maybe a hoodie or an open dress shirt over top, or maybe a polo.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Boxer shorts

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

My belt looks like ladies jewelry, which is kind of annoying, but it was mom's, after all. Other than that, no.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

I don't really have a lot of valuables, but I keep a few souvenirs in a lockbox in my desk drawer.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Flying, and also flying. Seriously, you obviously have no idea, but flying is AWESOME.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, but I guess I probably should sometime. Everything will just go to my dad.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Not really, I don't have any birthmarks, and I haven't had any surgery or anything, and I never scar up.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Doing good, taking out Keres would be nice. Not being seen as a dick.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

I don't think so. I'm just a regular guy, who happens to be half alien and have a cool suit. There's been a couple close calls, but I'm getting better at controlling it, and I shouldn't be very dangerous anymore.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I react quickly, and I don't really need to feel liked, so I can do whatever needs done.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I'm really not very smart. I'm particularly bad with numbers.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Dude, calm down, you've got nothing but time to figure the armor thing out. Be a kid, kick some butt, and make some friends to help you out when things get serious.