Summoning Shenanigans (OOC)

Scuffles

Back from Hols, sorry for Delay!

Villan #1 looks nasty!

Time for some sleepy art!

Using Grasp of Morpheus: This is a subtle effect and Insidious, so he wont know he is being attacked! Le Art!

1d20+10=15 fir attack roll, which I dont think will hit - unless he is flat footed from an invisible, indirect 3 attack from an invisible opponent! :D

If it does, its a DC 22 Will Save, Fatigue power.

If does miss, may hit next round with homing of course!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villain #1 is definitely not a very friendly boy.

Fatigue power does hit on a 15, so he rolls a 14 on his save, failing by 8 which renders him exhausted.

Villain #3 has finally found what he's looking for! On his turn he moves out of the van, then decides that this is a good time to summon a pack of minions. There's 10 in total and they're Warrior demons from page 233 of the core rules.

3 of the warrior demons start tearing at the car that villain #1 was threatening, trying to get in so they can chew on the trapped driver. They'll take around 2 rounds to manage to get in.

3 race towards Revenant - they don't get an attack this round but they'll be joining her fight with villain #2 next round.

The remaining 4 spot the civilians milling around and watching in nearby Liberty Park and charge off towards them. Naturally the civilians will be panicking and running away!

Revenant and then Weaver are next!

Weaver

Move Action:

Bluff (at -5) to Trick villain #1 into attacking my empty clothes. I think the moving clothes can pass just as a flavour thing, since they have no mechanical effect, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Bluff

1d20+10 → [5,10] = (15) mpfff that's not very good.

Standard Action: Selective Obscure (1 mile radius, I cover pretty much all the scene). I target the demons, Villain #2 and #3. I also target #1 if the Bluff fails. If he is Tricked instead, I won't affect him.

Start of round 3! Still not even so much as a bruise dished out, although our villains are definitely feeling besieged!

1: Villain #2 - 20 - unharmed (Affected by obscure)

2: Villain #1 - 17 - unharmed (exhausted) (Affected by obscure)

3: Rene - 10 - unharmed - 3HP

4: Villain #3 - 9 - unharmed (Affected by obscure)

5: Demon pack(10) - 9 - unharmed (Affected by obscure)

5: Revenant - 9 - unharmed - 1HP

6: Weaver - 5 - unharmed - 1HP

Villain #2 will attack Revenant: 10 so no point even rolling a miss chance.

Villain #1 is mad. He's going to fire off a blast 11 area attack fireball centered on Weaver's animated clothes now that he knows they're empty. Weaver is close enough to be caught in the area. Please make a DC21 reflex save. If you make the reflex save it's a DC20 toughness save, if not it's DC26.

Rene is next!

Okay.

#1 is taking a nap.

#3 disposes of his magical blindfold, grabs #1 and escapes via teleport. How very inconsiderate.

#2 is still fighting as are our 10 friendly demons. They're all still affected by Weaver's obscure, however I rule that the demons with their sharp claws will have shredded enough material to be able to see by next round. #2 doesn't have claws so she's going to take a little longer.

The four demons who headed towards the park and the three that headed towards Revenant won't be threatening anyone this round, however the three near the car have done it some significant damage - they'll be close to getting to the driver next turn if nobody distracts them!

Revenant's up, then Weaver!

Okay that's pretty cool.

Revenant doesn't really have an area attack or takedown attack which is a teeny tiny problem.

But that's okay because I looked up the rules for improvised weapons.

The damage bonus of an improvised weapon is equal to the wielder’s Strength bonus.

Large weapons are treated as area attacks based on their size modifier

blah blah, attacks that miss get a reflex save blah blah.

So I figure that it's all good to whap a bunch of demons with a car.

Toughness saves: 15,23,19 So they're all out.

Weaver's go.

Sooo, it looks like we might have lost Airon. Has anyone seen him? If he hasn't turned up by sometime tomorrow evening I might just skip him for now and he can rejoin at a later time - I'm fairly sure Revenant and Rene can clean up the remaining bad guys without Weaver if necessary anyway! :D

Alright, skipping Weaver. Hopefully he makes it back, but if not that's OK. I'm going to say that Weaver is dealing with having been slightly set on fire and isn't concentrating on maintaining his obscure power anymore, so it's gone. A hero point each for Revenant and Weaver.

1: Villain #2 - 20 - unharmed

2: Rene - 10 - unharmed - 4HP

3: Demon pack(7) - 9 - unharmed

4: Revenant - 9 - unharmed - 2HP

5: Weaver - 5 - unharmed - 1HP (temporarily inconvenienced)

Villain #2 will attack Revenant again. 17 continues her run of hitting nothing. Ever.

Rene's go!

Demon gets a 24 on its toughness save but that still doesn't make any difference and he gets smashed back to whatever hell he came from.

Villain #2 resists the demoralize attempt with her intimidation skill (+8) but I'm going to give her a -2 penalty for the rather poor circumstance she finds herself in - abandoned by her teammates, snared and watching Revenant smack demons in all directions. 19 passes handily.

Villain #2 is next but she's bound and helpless. She just gets to try busting out of Rene's snare. The Snare makes Toughness saves like an inanimate object with Toughness equal to its rank (12 in this case). It ends up making a DC27 toughness save (with a 27) and villain #2 continues to be perhaps the most ineffective bad guy ever!

Rene will be up. Can I just point out that those demons at the car are close to being able to do bad things to the driver? :D

IC post will happen tomorrow because I'm way too tired to write anything coherent tonight, sorry!

Demon says 9 and is well and truly bound and helpless!

The demons are up next. The snared one tries to break free, but the snare has a good toughness roll of 23 and holds firm.

Three demons remain around Revenant. They all attack her and wow my villains are all a joke.

The two left around the car work out roughly where Rene is from his web attack so they'll move over and take a swipe at him. A 20 and an 8 so one of them might actually hit. However, Rene is still invisible so it gets a 50% miss chance. Let's say hits on a 2... So no hits from demons.

Revenant's go.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I feel slack taking so long to get to this. Sorry guys, been having some troubles with our internet at home!

Okay. Toughness saves for Villain #2 and Demon!

Demon: 27!

Villain #2: 20 so she's dazed and bruised.

So we could keep smacking demon minions for another couple of rounds but the result definitely isn't in doubt anymore with the only actual villain snared and dazed this one is pretty much all done and dusted so I'm going to move us along. The summoning spell breaks with the actual caster no longer present and the demons disappear to whatever hell they came from.

Villain #2 is still here tied up in her chains, spitting and snarling. Can I please have a knowledge (arcane knowledge) check for both of you to see how much we understand her condition?