Jump to content
Scuffles

Summoning Shenanigans (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Okay, so there seems to be some bad guys assaulting a delivery van. Annoying that.

You guys can all have your own reasons for being in North End. We're not necessarily starting out in combat (although of course we can if you want to). Villain #2 has a hostage and looks to be spoiling for a fight and there's a person or two who might need help getting out of crashed cars.

Have fun! :D

Share this post


Link to post

Rene using his paintbrush and ink to paint Weaver and himself invisible to normal sight. That should provide at least a little protection from his ID being blown!

Share this post


Link to post

Isn't his identity public? It says so in the sheet...

Anyway, Scuffles: is the injured driver being physically held by the robed baddie, or is he just laying around there?

I'll explain: Weaver's plan is to use Move Object on the driver's clothes to grab him and pull him away from the villain, but if he's being grappled it may not be a good idea... I don't want to play tug of war with a human rope.

Share this post


Link to post

His identity is indeed public. However, to refine that a little he downplays his magical abilities to an extreme degree, so as not to attract to much attention. So exactly how powerful he is - is up to speculation and a degree of ignorance! It's anywhere from "smoke and mirrors pfah" to "dabbles with spells" to his full power.

Share this post


Link to post

is the injured driver being physically held by the robed baddie, or is he just laying around there?

Villain #2 is holding our hapless driver by the collar and dangling him around like a ragdoll. You can definitely use move object to try to pull the driver away, but #2 will have at least a 50/50 chance to maintain his grip and turn it into a tug of war.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I'll go for it. In case it turns out very badly, I'll invoke my "never in the big leagues" Complication.

My Move Object is Perception range, so I'll hit automatically.

The Grapple check, as per House Rules, should be twice the rank of the Perception Power, so 10x2=20, versus the driver's grapple, but I don't think the driver is actively resisting it. Anyway, here it is 1d20+20 → [17,20] = (37)

For tug of war purposes, I have Move Object 10, so effective strength 10x5=50.

Share this post


Link to post

I changed my mind. There's no way the collar on delivery guy's shirt is up to the strain of super powered tug-of-war. Weaver successfully grabs the driver and pulls him away from villain #2.

While #2 is upset about that she's also far more interested by Revenant standing on a car. She moves to stand on a car of her own which just happens to be the one holding a trapped civilian.

Flying villain places himself between the delivery van and Weaver.

The third villain is still in the back of the Van.

Share this post


Link to post

I would like to try a Bluff Villain #2 to come over and attack Revenant.

Villain #2 is absolutely dying to punch Revenant. No need for a roll to convince her! Villain #1 is being far less aggressive , #3 is still out of sight and #2 has eyes only for Revenant, so Weaver and Rene both have the option of staying unengaged as the fight breaks out.

Let's have initiative from everyone anyway

villain #1: 1d20+4=17

villain #2: 1d20+0=20

villain #3: 1d20+8=9

Share this post


Link to post

1: Villain #2 - 20 - unharmed

2: Villain #1 - 17 - unharmed

3: Rene - 10 - unharmed - 3HP

4: Villain #3 - 9 - unharmed

5: Revenant - 9 - unharmed - 1HP

6: Weaver - 5 - unharmed - 1HP

Skirmish time!

Villain #2 opens combat by leaping from the top of her car to the same car Revenant is standing on to make her attack. 1d20+8=14 Which I'm pretty sure misses even though Revenant is flat footed. If I happen to be wrong it'll be a DC27 toughness save.

Villain #1 is floating around looking intimidating (he thinks) and doing not much else for now. If anyone attacks him he'll be engaging and if anyone moves to double team #1 or interfere with Villain #3 that will set him off too.

Rene is up!

Villain #3 is spending this round searching in the van, so Revenant and Weaver will follow Rene.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok So Rene will whip up a magic snare as a full action against Villain #2

1d20+10=25 I imagine hits, so DC 22 Reflex Save!

Let me know when to post IC.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah ha! Villain #2 is just a kid! (Shock horror!)

Villain #3 is still in the van so that means Revenant and Weaver are up. (#1 is still delaying)

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately villain #2 is pretty strong. She's got +27 as her grapple check, so 39 shrugs that off quite easily.

Weaver's up!

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, Weaver will try to Snare the flying enflamed baddie.

Since I'm still invisible, I figure he/she could probably be flat-footed, so I'll go for Power Attack +2

1d20+9 → [14,9] = (23)

If that is a hit, it's a Reflex DC 22.

Tell me when I can post IC

Share this post


Link to post

Round #2! Nobody managed to do much of anything in the first round.

Villain #2 is going to continue trying to belt Revenant: 14. She's not very good at this obviously.

Villain #1 is in the fight now that he's been attacked, but he still doesn't know where Weaver is. He's going to fly over to the wrecked Toyota which still contains a trapped civilian and ready an action to blast it (and incinerate the civilian). The trigger will be if someone attacks him.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...