Deaths Door

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked to identify herself, Faye only shrugs vaguely. "I meself am no one, just a concerned citizen with but a small spark of power to call me own." She scuffs at the spot where the demon vanished with the toe of her Burberry boot. "Nasty bugger, yeah? Hope he doesn't have any friends out and about."

When asked to identify herself, Faye only shrugs vaguely. "I meself am no one, just a concerned citizen with but a small spark of power to call me own." She scuffs at the spot where the demon vanished with the toe of her Burberry boot. "Nasty bugger, yeah? Hope he doesn't have any friends out and about."

"I've dealt with...things like that before." Wonder's handsome face is shadowed as he studies the fallen ground. "This was a foot-soldier, a spearman. They don't show their faces unless they've been summoned...or unless they have a lord planning on invading our world. They're kamikaze; the more of them we kill, the more power gains their god. Until..."

His big hands clench into fists again. "The sky falls. We need to find their passageway on this end of things, the road they're using into our world. You have to stop these problems at the source." He shoots a glance at the Irishwoman, not even blanching as she cusses. He's met plenty of women who weren't ladies, and of course the Irish are usually just that way. "If you know something about arcane lore, I could use your help in dealing with this...and you, Star, light is a powerful weapon against this sort of fiend."

"I've dealt with...things like that before." Wonder's handsome face is shadowed as he studies the fallen ground. "This was a foot-soldier, a spearman. They don't show their faces unless they've been summoned...or unless they have a lord planning on invading our world. They're kamikaze; the more of them we kill, the more power gains their god. Until..."

His big hands clench into fists again. "The sky falls. We need to find their passageway on this end of things, the road they're using into our world. You have to stop these problems at the source." He shoots a glance at the Irishwoman, not even blanching as she cusses. He's met plenty of women who weren't ladies, and of course the Irish are usually just that way. "If you know something about arcane lore, I could use your help in dealing with this...and you, Star, light is a powerful weapon against this sort of fiend."

Then, out of nowhere, a young 16 female was hugging Cody.

"Quick silver..." Cody sighed as the youth embraced him tightly.

"I swear you were going to die. I encountered the police man in the car. He looked shaken, but told me you were involved. I dashed back to get your assault rifle and Flak Jacket, thats why I couldn't help" she wept as she buried her face into his torso.

"Saved her in some terrorist action. My personal scout nowadays. Insanely fast" Cody explained.

The female turned around, a skin tight silver cat suit clad around her. She had a few holes down the side of her suit, and silver hair in a pony tail. She was a petite girl, with silver nails. Cody was four heads taller than hear, roughly 6ft 5 inches. He was a big man, more likely a Rugby than Football player. He donned his Jacket and grabbed his assault rifle.

"If you need anything, please tell Quick over here. Can I request you remain here and help me investigate?" Cody requested.

Then, out of nowhere, a young 16 female was hugging Cody.

"Quick silver..." Cody sighed as the youth embraced him tightly.

"I swear you were going to die. I encountered the police man in the car. He looked shaken, but told me you were involved. I dashed back to get your assault rifle and Flak Jacket, thats why I couldn't help" she wept as she buried her face into his torso.

"Saved her in some terrorist action. My personal scout nowadays. Insanely fast" Cody explained.

The female turned around, a skin tight silver cat suit clad around her. She had a few holes down the side of her suit, and silver hair in a pony tail. She was a petite girl, with silver nails. Cody was four heads taller than hear, roughly 6ft 5 inches. He was a big man, more likely a Rugby than Football player. He donned his Jacket and grabbed his assault rifle.

"If you need anything, please tell Quick over here. Can I request you remain here and help me investigate?" Cody requested.

Faye arched a graceful red eyebrow.

Now who's this bit of crumpet?

The young girl was apparently some sort of superhero wannabe, also known as the world's biggest nuisance; it took all of the Irish woman's strength not to roll her eyes. However, right now she was bored, and it suddenly occurred to her that since the demon was most likely not dead but merely knocked out of this dimension, it might be best to hang about a few super-dupers, since Mr. Demon could come back, with a few mates and a score to settle.

"Yeah, alright; just call me Red, then." She waves her hand in a non-comital way. "Hello, one an' all."

Faye arched a graceful red eyebrow.

Now who's this bit of crumpet?

The young girl was apparently some sort of superhero wannabe, also known as the world's biggest nuisance; it took all of the Irish woman's strength not to roll her eyes. However, right now she was bored, and it suddenly occurred to her that since the demon was most likely not dead but merely knocked out of this dimension, it might be best to hang about a few super-dupers, since Mr. Demon could come back, with a few mates and a score to settle.

"Yeah, alright; just call me Red, then." She waves her hand in a non-comital way. "Hello, one an' all."

"We need to catch one alive," said Wonder thoughtfully, seemingly unmoved by Star's apparant telepathy. "We need to find out who they're working for, and thus where we can draw from their strengths. If it's the Host of Nylarthotep, naturally we'll need cold iron in the shape of Hephastus' Fury, and so on..." It's a surprising bit of demonic erudition, at least for a guy whose main contribution to the fight so far has been punching things.

"And if none of us can do that, I think I know someone who can."

"We need to catch one alive," said Wonder thoughtfully, seemingly unmoved by Star's apparant telepathy. "We need to find out who they're working for, and thus where we can draw from their strengths. If it's the Host of Nylarthotep, naturally we'll need cold iron in the shape of Hephastus' Fury, and so on..." It's a surprising bit of demonic erudition, at least for a guy whose main contribution to the fight so far has been punching things.

"And if none of us can do that, I think I know someone who can."

Then, something odd happened. Quick turned to leave, when suddenly you all felt a burning sensation. The temperature had suddenly risen by 6 degrees. Cody wiped the sweat off his brow as he cautiously steered Quick Silver so she was behind him. Then, suddenly she screamed as something faster than her swooped down and grabbed her. Cody yelled in denial as the thing, practically a female wearing skin tight sit with wings of a small dragon out of her back, lifted her towards a portal. To make things worse, the ground in front of the party, roughly twenty foot in front of them, caught fire and Demons started to ascend from the ground. Cody yelled in anger as he fired on full auto, his bullets riddling the closest Demon with machine gun fire. However, the Demons unnatural body made it immune to such petty weapons fire.

Then, something odd happened. Quick turned to leave, when suddenly you all felt a burning sensation. The temperature had suddenly risen by 6 degrees. Cody wiped the sweat off his brow as he cautiously steered Quick Silver so she was behind him. Then, suddenly she screamed as something faster than her swooped down and grabbed her. Cody yelled in denial as the thing, practically a female wearing skin tight sit with wings of a small dragon out of her back, lifted her towards a portal. To make things worse, the ground in front of the party, roughly twenty foot in front of them, caught fire and Demons started to ascend from the ground. Cody yelled in anger as he fired on full auto, his bullets riddling the closest Demon with machine gun fire. However, the Demons unnatural body made it immune to such petty weapons fire.

Wonder takes this opportunity to spring into action. He rockets into the air and slugs the demoness grappling with Quick Silver, then wraps his arm around her scaly neck. Pulling mightily, he shouts "Star! Save the civilian first! Red, give me some covering fire! Keep their attention away from the buildings!"

Wonder takes this opportunity to spring into action. He rockets into the air and slugs the demoness grappling with Quick Silver, then wraps his arm around her scaly neck. Pulling mightily, he shouts "Star! Save the civilian first! Red, give me some covering fire! Keep their attention away from the buildings!"

Oh for the love of...

Faye has seen a lot of cop shows and war films, but she's never really been sure exactly what 'covering fire' is, but it always seems to be helpful, so she decides to take a shot at the demon he's grappling; she's a very good shot, so she's not really worried about hitting the wrong target.

Oh for the love of...

Faye has seen a lot of cop shows and war films, but she's never really been sure exactly what 'covering fire' is, but it always seems to be helpful, so she decides to take a shot at the demon he's grappling; she's a very good shot, so she's not really worried about hitting the wrong target.