y Dderwen (IC)

To her mind the gym was a little over complicated, full of machine which you didn’t really need to keep yourself in shape. She’d been taught to use what was available to keep yourself in shape, she guessed her Taid was just old fashioned like that. Though the wall looked like it would provide a minor challenge, though the walls of the academy caught more of her attention as a challenge.

“Diolch ond yr wyf i'n iawn.* I think lost my guide when I arrived, I can be quite hard to spot if I put my mind to it. The parkour club sound interesting, it’ll be a good way to learn the layout of the City.â€

* Thanks but I'm okay.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Does a lot of hiding, huh? That'd explain why she's so quiet when she talks at least'

Free running wasn't something the stocky teen had much interest in, mainly because he had usually been busy with other things, and hadn't learned about the whole parkour thing until Serge had explained it to him. Besides, he could fly!

"That would probably be a good way to learn the ins and outs of Freedom City, yeah," he agreed "maps don't give you the best idea of what the city is like besides street layouts and stuff, you need to actually explore the place to know what it's like."

He nodded slightly at John's mention of their exercise routine, adding to it "Same here, early mornings, noons and a few afternoons. I find the place real useful, I'd say at least give it a try" he added with a cheerful smile to the Cerys, stepping away from the door and letting it swing shut behind the quartet "Where to next?" he asked, scanning the campus with a careful eye for the next stop on their odyssey "I've still got a bit of time until next class, you want to check out the Greenhouse some of the other kids built a little while ago? It's pretty grand and amazing." he stated with utter solemnity.

"Was a part of that greenhouse building - Flora got a whole army of us involved in the building. Heck, it nearly ended up giving her heatstroke, she worked so hard." A slight smile of fondness, she really had made Brian happy while the two were dating. And she's been Good People, capitals required. Though right now, he wasn't sure where they were on that score...hrm.

"Got a lot of really nice plants there now, though - actually, a ton of them've been replanted in the school gardens and wilderness training area. Been way more useful than initially planned; if there's not a gardening club I'll be royally surprised. Actually...you have any hobbies like that, Cerys? Stuff that has you working with your hands and mind?"

The garden reminded her, in parts, of the green fields and woods of her home, causing a small wvae of homesickness to wash over here. She fought down the feeling and force herself to smile.

“I’ve tried my hands at gardening; my Taid is fairly traditional in those kinds of things. After a while we had to give up it seems I have black thumbs when it comes to plants. I even manage to kill Spider plants and cacti, and they’re almost impossible not to look after.†She looked a little guilty “I did spend some time helping out on the farms near where I lived.†She gave a little shrug “Like I said Taid was a traditional kind of guy.â€

Subito's face fell at Cerys' account of her lack of talent in keeping plants alive "Aw, that's really too bad. Gardenin' is pretty rewarding, and super useful! We had a garden back home in Adjuntas, tiny patch of vegetables that we pretty much manicured" he smiled fondly at that memory, looking up at the blue sky...blinking suddenly and looking back at the studenhts sheepishly "Ah! Right, the Greenhouse. This way!"

Leading the way northwards and across the rolling lawn to the Greenhouse, which had been built a short distance from the main Academy Quad, Subito gestured grandly to the neat, hexagonal glass and recycled plastic construction with his free hand, the other in his pocket"Behold! Built by strength, grit, persistence, lots of friends and a good handle on geometrics: the Greenhouse!" holding open the door for the small group he nodded to Crow "You know a lot more about this place than I do, Morgan. Could you tell her about it?" he asked hopefully "I'd do it, but I don't want my gaping ignorance to lead her astray!" he added laughingly.

John was on autopilot, not really having anything to say about the greenhouse. Like Cerys, he was not that skilled when it came to flora. After a few unsuccessful attempts at botany, he wrote it off as a unsalvagable case. His skills as a soldier apparently carried over from the battlefield to the farm field, anything he tended to wound up either dead or an emaciated shadow of its former self. Even plastic flowers, he noted with a mental sigh.

As such he tended to avoid proximity to this location. So his mind wandered back to the enigma that was the new arrival. Highly trained. European, Welsh specifically. Heirloom weapon. Shy around people, namely when asking personal questions. Cover ID? Hmm. He pondered this as he followed the others, eventually arriving at the greenhouse. Johns' knee jerk reaction was to go and ask the Headmaster, but as she was still allowed on campus it was a moot point. She was considered safe to be here, which was saying something considering who Summers had let be here. Namely myself. Still, he would keep a watchful eye out on someone who he surmised was an agent of some religious or historical secret society sent here for further training.

• 2 weeks later...

Morgan turned and blinked at Subito as he kneeled down by one of his favorite orchids - Cattelya, if memory served. It was one of the first flowers planted when they broke ground, and he just liked the color. Plus, it smelled nice. Yeah, a botanist was not Mr. Crowe - but hanging around Flora and Brian back in the day did lend him some interest in plants. Tending to them was surprisingly relaxing, actually.

"Eh? Yeah, we put this sucker together in an afternoon; bunch of new students threw in on it and a couple of teleporters brought in pizza and soda. Worked on the frame myself, mostly - screwing in bolts and welding pipes together..." Beat. He realized he was rambling. "Ah, sorry. There's three...four sections, if memory serves. One for flowers, one for larger plants, one for exotics, and one for veggies - I think the caf supplements from here once in a while, but I'm not sure. Right now, we're in the flower garden - Flora used to just love this place."

He gestured in front of him to the small gathering of pinkish plants; almost idly picking up a watering can and starting to pour. They were looking a little peaked...

"This lot are orchids, for example. Cattelyas; the kind that get on all the fancy flower fashion magazines. No Playflower here, no ma'am." Grin.

• 2 weeks later...

Subito had found the tomatoes, and was carefully gauging the time it would take for them to fully ripen as Morgan explained the Greenhouse to Cerys. Returning with his heavy step pounding on the walkway he nodded emphatically "It's pretty great! It'll be even better during the winter, a warm place where we can get flowers 'n stuff from, look out at the snow on the lawns when it's not worthwhile to go wadin' through it. Wish I could have helped out Morgan." he added almost sadly, glancing outside at the warm green campus that wasn't in any immediate danger of being suffocated by snow. He spun around and put a hand on the new arrival's shoulder, a grin lighting up his face like the sun.

"So! Cerys, whereabouts you want to see next? I think you already mentioned that you'd been to the admin office?"

• 4 weeks later...

As she enjoyed the sheer beauty of the greenhouse, despite her unfortunate relationship with plants, when she felt a wave of tiredness flowed over her. With the flight and the four hour time difference and just everything that had gone on other the last few hours. She’d liked to have found more about the whole campus but her focus was sliding, she suspected that she was revealing more about Blodeuwedd than she suspected.

“I’m sorry but I starting to feel a little tired could we skip the rest of the tour for another time?†she managed a weak smile “Though I could do with direction to my dorm.â€

'Wait, tired already? How- She came from another country. use your brain. ...Oh, right. Darn jet lag.'

With a wry smile of sympathy Subito nodded, saying brightly as he pointed out the glass window of the Greenhouse at the buildings of interest "Sure thing, Cerys! The dorms are right in the middle of the campus, the two buildings next to each other right over there. The Rita Kord Dorm is the purple-roofed one, the other is Edward Carter Dorm. Just say the word and we'll show you every nook and corner of this place that we can think of!" he shook her hand with a firm hand before nodding to the others and setting off back to the path to continue his run "Thanks a lot guys, and keep a look-out for that guide who never showed up." he added a little darkly, waving a good-bye to their new schoolmate as he walked out. "See you around Cerys. I hope you love it here and make loads of friends!" he said with a grin that said he had no doubts about that.

"Peace out, Cerys - and hey, if you're looking for a good training sesh..."

He checked head left, and right, tapping his chin for a sec...then leaned over and murmured to her. "A few friends and I got an early morning sesh every day in this really sweet training simulator - if you ever really want to stretch yourself, we could try talking to Archer; seeing if you could roll with us. Get the feeling you're pretty good at what y'do, hee."

A grin and a wink, he leaned back and tapped his nose. "We're all in the same boat, Cer - gotta stick together, amiright? Have a good one!"

A respectful nod at John, and then Morgan simply wasn't there anymore. There was a bit of ruffling of air, of course - a few papers blew off a desk.

The fact that a few branches in the main quad's tree shook slightly probably had nothing to do with it.