Suggestions?

So. This thread's for suggestions.

Specifically, I'm trying to find a way/ways to get my current meatspace gaming group to branch out. For the last couple years, all we've played is Pathfinder (specifically one adventure path; we move kinda slow). Which, you know, is okay.

But I want to branch out from fantasy into science fiction.

Here's where suggestions come in. See, in talking with one of my fellow players, he stated he'd much prefer to play through some sort of module or adventure path, instead of just picking a system and having whoever DMs make something on the fly.

So, what might fit the bill? Especially for stuff intended more for short-term rather than long-term play. Like 2-6 session stuff (knowing us we'd probably double that time).

If there's something that's system-independent, awesome.

If not...well, I don't want us to have to buy a bunch of new rulebooks. I also don't want to learn radically new systems...well, I sorta do, but I don't want to make the "entry level" too high. We've played D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, and M&M to some degree in the group; stuff that's closer rather than farther is good.

So...suggestions?

I cannot recommend Star Wars Saga Edition enough. Even though it's out of print, you really only need the core book. It's still d20 system, but very streamlined.

You can easily distance yourself for a lot of 'fluff' of the setting simply by not acknowledging it or even reworking it to your favor. There's also a couple of decent adventures with it as well.

I'd throw out Shadowrun, but it's a completely different rule-set and I don't think that's what you want to deal with.

I cannot recommend Star Wars Saga Edition enough. Even though it's out of print, you really only need the core book. It's still d20 system, but very streamlined.

You can easily distance yourself for a lot of 'fluff' of the setting simply by not acknowledging it or even reworking it to your favor. There's also a couple of decent adventures with it as well.

I'd throw out Shadowrun, but it's a completely different rule-set and I don't think that's what you want to deal with.

Pretty sure we don't have a copy of Shadowrun running around, either.

Saga Edition does seem like a solid contender. Any suggestions on the adventures?

There is a published adventure path that takes a party from lvl 1 to 10. It's called Traitor's Gambit, but I'm not sure where to find them online anymore, since Wizards seems to have axed their Star Wars section.